Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/19/2015  12:15 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:Harden is 4-11fg and 1-5 from three but people here will tell it it's an efficient night and he is doing great..

his team is winning and he is shooting at a 60%TS clip, while dishing out 10 assists. you need to accept the fact that drawing fouls is an elite skill because it involves an arsenal of head and ball fakes and changes of speed that keeps a defender guessing. in the playoffs drawing fouls is even more crucial, along with shot selection. getting to the line is part of the tightening up of a player's game that you want to see.

we won't know until tomorrow what the ratio of his usage to assist rate is but the likelihood is that it will be 1:1 or perhaps .80:1. he hurt his team last year when this ratio veered wildly from his regular-season ratio.

I'm sure you enjoyed the defense he has been playing tonight as well....

a win is a win

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/19/2015  12:16 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Man Dantoni said the Knicks wouldn't have minutes for brewer. Walsh/Dantoni was awful.

I understand why they thought that even though I really wanted him to stay a Knick.

I didn't understand it but I wasn't open minded about anything Mike D did.

He was too poor of a shooter for them even though he does provide energy and defense. I was upset they chose Walker over him.

That was the philosophy when Mike was in ny. Ewing jr should have made the eam over Robertson. Rautins should have been an undrafted free agent camp invite etc. I like where thevKnicks are now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/19/2015  12:17 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I like Terrence Jones. He is on my list of future RFAs that the knicks will miss out on because of the expected Cap. Meyers Leonard and Harrison Barnes is also on that list.

If only the knicks could have bought low on Leonard, Ilyasova, nad Middleton this summer like I wanted.

YB for GM? Move out Mills.

Jones has looked great. I watched the rockets a lot more when Lin was there. I didn't realize how good Jones is. Agree about Mills.

He is kind of like Houston's version of Draymond Green. He needs to stay healthy and continue improving his shot and passing. Like Barnes all that high school potential and promise is starting to show.

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/19/2015  12:19 AM
By the way, how is this great basketball??..There was nothing aesthetically pleasing watching this game tonight...
holfresh

4/19/2015  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2015  12:28 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:Harden is 4-11fg and 1-5 from three but people here will tell it it's an efficient night and he is doing great..

his team is winning and he is shooting at a 60%TS clip, while dishing out 10 assists. you need to accept the fact that drawing fouls is an elite skill because it involves an arsenal of head and ball fakes and changes of speed that keeps a defender guessing. in the playoffs drawing fouls is even more crucial, along with shot selection. getting to the line is part of the tightening up of a player's game that you want to see.

we won't know until tomorrow what the ratio of his usage to assist rate is but the likelihood is that it will be 1:1 or perhaps .80:1. he hurt his team last year when this ratio veered wildly from his regular-season ratio.

a win is a win

Except when the team is the Knicks and they are marching towards a 54 win season...

dk7th
USA
4/19/2015  12:22 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

and by the way, among starting shooting guards harden ranks about 6th or 7th in defensive real plus/minus behind middleton, matthews, butler, korver, beal, and maclemore.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
4/19/2015  12:22 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

a win is a win

Except when the team is the Knicks and they are matching towards a 54 win season...

Yep. Then it is fools gold.
dk7th
USA
4/19/2015  12:24 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

a win is a win

Except when the team is the Knicks and they are matching towards a 54 win season...

hey you needed a softball and you knocked it out of the park. congrats and god bless.

holfresh

4/19/2015  12:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2015  12:31 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

and by the way, among starting shooting guards harden ranks about 6th or 7th in defensive real plus/minus behind middleton, matthews, butler, korver, beal, and maclemore.

Hilarious....Did you see the play where he ran out of the way on Rondo's layup..Hubie was classic..He said Harden, ah come on...Does he get a negative 1 for that??

holfresh

4/19/2015  1:13 AM
Dk7..Here are 7 shooting guards who are better defenders than Harden using my eye test...Tony Allen, Dwayne Wade, Shumpert, JR Smith, Thabo Sefolosha, Klay Thompson, Avery Bradley...
CrushAlot
USA
4/19/2015  1:20 AM
holfresh wrote:Dk7..Here are 7 shooting guards who are better defenders than Harden using my eye test...Tony Allen, Dwayne Wade, Shumpert, JR Smith, Thabo Sefolosha, Klay Thompson, Avery Bradley...
Dk uses the eye test now as Melo is efficient by nba standards for numbers. So it will be interesting to see what his eagle eyes report back about this comparison. First guy that watches ball at all that I know of that said he was a fan of Jon Barry's commentating while watching a game.
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

4/19/2015  1:33 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:Dk7..Here are 7 shooting guards who are better defenders than Harden using my eye test...Tony Allen, Dwayne Wade, Shumpert, JR Smith, Thabo Sefolosha, Klay Thompson, Avery Bradley...
Dk uses the eye test now as Melo is efficient by nba standards for numbers. So it will be interesting to see what his eagle eyes report back about this comparison. First guy that watches ball at all that I know of that said he was a fan of Jon Barry's commentating while watching a game.

Wait..what...Melo is efficient by which numbers?

CrushAlot
USA
4/19/2015  1:38 AM
markvmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wait..what...Melo is efficient by which numbers?

I think the Jon Barry endorsement speaks more to how much a guy watches nba games. Jon Barry?
holfresh

4/19/2015  1:47 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Add Lance Stevenson to that list..

TPercy
Member: #5748

4/19/2015  8:05 AM
stopstandthere wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TPercy wrote:Lets go Wizards!
I don't think I can root for a Paul Pierce team. I used to watch the Nets whenever the Knicks weren't on but once Pierce went there I stopped watching and haven't gone back.

I share the same. Are you sure TP?

Haha. I currently live in DC that is why.
The Future is Bright!
dk7th
USA
4/19/2015  8:37 AM

i said among starting shooting guards, meaning 30 minutes a game or more. yes there are bench players who end up playing starters minutes so i use 30 minutes to erase the problem. among all guards who play 30 minutes or more a game he is 9th this season. his net impact on defense is just a little above zero, meaning he does not hurt his team on defense this season. last year he posted a -2.84 and was 20th so you would have had a viable argument a year ago.

that was then this is now:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/2

sefalosha is a small forward, avery bradley is a point guard.

dk7th
USA
4/19/2015  8:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2015  8:42 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

listen president camacho, you cannot be serious unless you are being more obtuse than ever. study the materials i provided, or if you can't digest the way i put things then look at bonn1997's contributions.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/19/2015  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2015  9:11 AM
Flu Tyson is gone. 11 pts, 18 rbss. That Rondo trade killed the Mavs though.
Harden showed how important versatility is on offense. Even when his shot isn't falling, he scored in the 20s and had double digit assists. Holfresh, do you think they would have won the game without him last night or are you just nit-picking?
dk7th
USA
4/19/2015  9:22 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Flu Tyson is gone. 11 pts, 18 rbss. That Rondo trade killed the Mavs though.
Harden showed how important versatility is on offense. Even when his shot isn't falling, he scored in the 20s and had double digit assists. Holfresh, do you think they would have won the game without him last night or are you just nit-picking?

it isn't nitpicking it's remaining in a cave thinking the firelight is the sunlight. he pooh-poohs the ability to draw fouls when it comes to scoring, because for holfresh it is always a ref-enabled aspect of the game. players who can draw fouls like pierce, harden, gallinari, durant, are phonies because drawing fouls implies flopping. the stubbornness is amusing. i would understand if the nba were played at west 4th but it isn't.

CrushAlot
USA
4/19/2015  9:25 AM
Mavs shot 32% from the floor when Howard was on the court and 50% when he was off the court.
THE 2015 NBA playoff thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy