[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THE 2015 NBA playoff thread
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

5/25/2015  11:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/25/2015  11:30 PM
I hope Curry is ok but why isn't Mc Hale going at Curry..Make sure that his faculties are with him?
AUTOADVERT
holfresh

5/25/2015  11:07 PM
Some one please let Harden know if he is down 3-0, he isn't cooking..
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

5/25/2015  11:39 PM
holfresh wrote:Some one please let Harden know if he is down 3-0, he isn't cooking..

yeah ... we should tell him this asap

so here is what phil is thinking ....
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
5/26/2015  3:39 AM
That didn't seem like the smartest defense by Curry. Um, rolling over another dude's shoulders is asking for an injury. However, Curry will be back and the non-Curry Warriors looked pretty good, just a bit disorangzied, against a Houston team playing out of their minds. Josh Smith 7/8? Crazy.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/26/2015  6:03 AM
holfresh wrote:I hope Curry is ok but why isn't Mc Hale going at Curry..Make sure that his faculties are with him?

Had to stop watching shortly after Curry shot his air ball. He didnt seem ok at that point.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/26/2015  11:18 AM
Nobody in the history of the game has averaged 30-10-10 in a series. Lebron is doing it.

He would be the first to lead his team to 5 straight finals on 2 teams.
What he is doing against ATL is amazing. The east sucks, but Lebron is incredible. No doubt Jordan has better teams around him and his 6 stand as the golden standard. Not winning a title don't get you GOAT but what he is doing with Deledevona, JR, Shump and Thompson is amazing!
I now ATL is no great team but look at who Lebron is playing with!

Knicks were right to clear the deck to try to get him. I don't know who he would have played here with but this man is amazing.

holfresh

5/26/2015  11:51 AM
Nalod wrote:Nobody in the history of the game has averaged 30-10-10 in a series. Lebron is doing it.

What he is doing against ATL is amazing. The east sucks, but Lebron is incredible. No doubt Jordan has better teams around him and his 6 stand as the golden standard. Not winning a title don't get you GOAT but what he is doing with Deledevona, JR, Shump and Thompson is amazing!

Knicks were right to clear the deck to try to get him. I don't know who he would have played here with but this man is amazing.

While an amazing feat, U also have to take note who he is doing it against..Not the bad boys defense of Detroit, not the Knicks or Indy or Cavs of yesteryear..

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

5/26/2015  10:06 PM
Lots of kudo's toward's Lebron and starting cast as well as his CAVs role players playing hard & well in NBA playoffs.

However I began to disdain same CAVs (maybe knicks-fan jealousy in me) because
outside LBJ I still think Cavaliers are a 1 year away from playing the NBA game proper way and consistently.

Don't want to diminish all wins especially with Love and Kyrie out (Irving returns 5/26)
however the rest of NBA East foes hasnt played its BEST vs Cavaliers no excuses, Cleveland has its own injuries.

Interesting to see type of D' Cavs play when Irving is now back and rest of chumps JR Smith and Shumpert all
integrate with Irving to be a TEAM.

I don't thing much of CAVs as TEAM as I see them as EGO's
mainly the stars & you all know I aint talking about Lebron James only true champ with Ego but plays games of hoops
right way.

I also will not root on Chumps as JR Smith and Iman Shumpert for their new success while dissing' Phil Jackson
and Knickerbockers org & team. No defense of Jackson or DFisher they aint Knicks long enough here.

But for some whom believe ever that Iman Shumpert and JR Smith was not put in winning circumstances because of organization
is not fully true.

The good Mike Woodson teams at outset and Knicks inability to get better cause of the
SO Call guys with roles such as Shumpert and JR Smith.

Sure Carmelo can take a hit cause we knew he was NEVER EVER a Lebron James nor tried to be
Melo wasn't even a champion in pros yet, just NCAA Champion.

But As_sess as Shumpert and JR Smith whom Knicks rolled with and roll dice for awhile had to go
Now they are happy with hard play, little is said by either publicly what its like playing with HOF Lebron.
They take their time out with Instagram & lack of Gratitude of being move to play with Cavaliers and Lebron.

Take Knicks out of it,
They act like fans such as myself of both Smith and Shumpert never existed when few months into 2015
both was Knickerbockers & BOTH WERE ETERNAL LOSERS !

Cause they quit and striving and thriving , blame knicks for some of the poor seasons and the knicks plans
Dont make any excuses for these 2 quitters here in one of best cities where many applauses came their way
for many Low-lights and few moments from Iman OR JR far too less. Especially when Carmelo changed his role
and been more team oriented BUT JR and SHUMP was weak in NewYork.

Give Shump few passes for injuries aside from that Both Shumpert and JR
can go k_ss off .

Certainly hope the WEST Competition NBA Finals expected Warriors vs. CAVs will challenge Lebron
DJ certainly hopes Warriors Steph is healthy and the real TEAM Golden State in west POUNDs Cavaliers.

IF Cavs are to win LBJ a title
The Egos of guys such as JR Smith and Kyrie Irving, with a little defensive consistency got to be present for
Lebron James getting his 3rd NBA ring title.

Until DJ sees it
I wont believe it !

*adios

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/26/2015  11:03 PM
If the Warriors win it will be two rookie head coaches in the finals.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh

5/26/2015  11:39 PM
I don't care what anyone says..This sucks..Watching Shump and JR help Cleveland make it to the finals is like watching your wife cook in another man's kitchen..I don't care how you dress it up..They were the difference to get Cleveland over the hump..
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/27/2015  2:37 AM
holfresh wrote:I don't care what anyone says..This sucks..Watching Shump and JR help Cleveland make it to the finals is like watching your wife cook in another man's kitchen..I don't care how you dress it up..They were the difference to get Cleveland over the hump..

Why can't you just root for them? What good would keeping them have done? I don't understand why people keep whining about this.

smackeddog
5/27/2015  3:06 AM
Just remember everyone- This is a suspension in the playoffs:

This is a 2 game suspension in the playoffs:

This is NOT a suspension in the playoffs:

Sure, nba! Thanks for clarifying!

smackeddog
5/27/2015  4:18 AM
holfresh wrote:I don't care what anyone says..This sucks..Watching Shump and JR help Cleveland make it to the finals is like watching your wife cook in another man's kitchen.

No, it's like dumping a girlfriend you didn't even like and then whining about it to all your friends when they start dating someone else

holfresh

5/27/2015  4:25 AM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:I don't care what anyone says..This sucks..Watching Shump and JR help Cleveland make it to the finals is like watching your wife cook in another man's kitchen.

No, it's like dumping a girlfriend you didn't even like and then whining about it to all your friends when they start dating someone else

Where did I ever say a I didn't like them..I tought I brought up previous threads to counter your claims that I was on board with getting rid of them..Whatever..

Nalod
USA
5/27/2015  8:54 AM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:Nobody in the history of the game has averaged 30-10-10 in a series. Lebron is doing it.

While an amazing feat, U also have to take note who he is doing it against..Not the bad boys defense of Detroit, not the Knicks or Indy or Cavs of yesteryear..

We made the finals in the year jordan sat out. Houstan won two in the Jordan sabbatical. The NBA today does not have any great teams. Salary cap prevents stars from having depth. No doubt Ali needed Frazier to up his game. Forman without Ali would have been boring.

But one might say every generation is better than the old days. Bad Boys of Detroit Made Chicago step up and take the risk that was phil Jax. Jordan was frustrated by them. One might say Celtics in the 60's really never had much competition. Wilts greatness took them but so far but "Team" usually beats "Individual".

GS on paper is historically pretty week in my book. Great outside shooting! Its working and I won't argue it but is the game evolving or "where the hell are the quality big men"????? Are they playing football? Are we breaking them too early buy them playing full time AAU from the time they are 8 years old? Same for pitchers in baseball, their arms are dying! We don't take athletes anymore and then develop them but we create them from near birth!

We can argue this all day about historical teams vs. todays athlete. Mchale and Parrish front line in todays game would be seen as "can't jump" or, "Not athletic enough". In fact, Parrish was traded by Warriors and did not mature until about age 25. Big guy from a small school! Mchale as a center might have been a disaster. Together it was magical. My point is in the old days rookies were usually not 19 and usually needed time to develop.

Back on point, is there a lack of talent? A lack of great teams? or wide parity in the NBA? I mean Lebron is taking a team whose roster has changed drastically from day one and put them on his back to the finals!

If you hate on Lebron, you'll connect the dots to your own conclusion. I hated Jordan because of how he used to kill us and in the process only later in his career did I fully appreciate what he was doing and how great the Bulls were coached. Because Lebron is not a knick killer (nothing to kill), I vowed to not be emotionally hating and just appreciate what he does. I hated super friends and the first finals loss against Dallas (the only series really they were favored heavy)but after that Lebron matured and was all business on the court. Players change and mature.

I decided to be a witness.

smackeddog
5/27/2015  10:30 AM
holfresh wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Where did I ever say a I didn't like them..I tought I brought up previous threads to counter your claims that I was on board with getting rid of them..Whatever..

Look, I liked JR and Shump and I thought it was a great trade for the Cavs at the time- but you haven't answered the question: Do you think we should have kept them both at the price of over $10mil less spending money and a crapper draft pick? Honestly?

holfresh

5/27/2015  10:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:

We made the finals in the year jordan sat out. Houstan won two in the Jordan sabbatical. The NBA today does not have any great teams. Salary cap prevents stars from having depth. No doubt Ali needed Frazier to up his game. Forman without Ali would have been boring.

But one might say every generation is better than the old days. Bad Boys of Detroit Made Chicago step up and take the risk that was phil Jax. Jordan was frustrated by them. One might say Celtics in the 60's really never had much competition. Wilts greatness took them but so far but "Team" usually beats "Individual".

GS on paper is historically pretty week in my book. Great outside shooting! Its working and I won't argue it but is the game evolving or "where the hell are the quality big men"????? Are they playing football? Are we breaking them too early buy them playing full time AAU from the time they are 8 years old? Same for pitchers in baseball, their arms are dying! We don't take athletes anymore and then develop them but we create them from near birth!

We can argue this all day about historical teams vs. todays athlete. Mchale and Parrish front line in todays game would be seen as "can't jump" or, "Not athletic enough". In fact, Parrish was traded by Warriors and did not mature until about age 25. Big guy from a small school! Mchale as a center might have been a disaster. Together it was magical. My point is in the old days rookies were usually not 19 and usually needed time to develop.

Back on point, is there a lack of talent? A lack of great teams? or wide parity in the NBA? I mean Lebron is taking a team whose roster has changed drastically from day one and put them on his back to the finals!

If you hate on Lebron, you'll connect the dots to your own conclusion. I hated Jordan because of how he used to kill us and in the process only later in his career did I fully appreciate what he was doing and how great the Bulls were coached. Because Lebron is not a knick killer (nothing to kill), I vowed to not be emotionally hating and just appreciate what he does. I hated super friends and the first finals loss against Dallas (the only series really they were favored heavy)but after that Lebron matured and was all business on the court. Players change and mature.

Well said..I don't hate LeBron per se..I hate that he has no one to prove how good he really is..He didn't have the great teams to overcome like Jordan did in the old days..His teaming up with Wade and Bosh also took some shine off the product..It would have been a greater story had he overcame all obstacles staying in Cleveland..But he is still fun to watch..

Nalod
USA
5/27/2015  10:57 AM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Well said..I don't hate LeBron per se..I hate that he has no one to prove how good he really is..He didn't have the great teams to overcome like Jordan did in the old days..His teaming up with Wade and Bosh also took some shine off the product..It would have been a greater story had he overcame all obstacles staying in Cleveland..But he is still fun to watch..

If JR and Shump don't turn into Starks and do their jobs they can beat Warriors.

Too bad Bulls can't step up and stay up to challange. ON paper they are very good. ATL had a nice Larry Brown Pistons thing going but its hard to sustain and injuries do happen.
Kyrie has a history of breaking so its no suprise he is limping. Lebron used to it by now as Wade had it.

We expect Lebron to win so when he does not he gets a lot of hate.

I get the season Curry had and get why he got the MVP but when you watch Lebron in the playoffs how is this guy NOT the MVP? Cavs are lottery without him!

holfresh

5/27/2015  11:05 AM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Look, I liked JR and Shump and I thought it was a great trade for the Cavs at the time- but you haven't answered the question: Do you think we should have kept them both at the price of over $10mil less spending money and a crapper draft pick? Honestly?

I don't know how you can call that a great trade when we got nothing in return..Firstly, let me say I didn't want JR and Shump traded or Woodson fired for that matter..I got used to the idea of the consolation prize for having them traded was decent draft pick, so I'm guilty of that...I always thought we could have kept the best of the 54 win team and let Chandler and Amare's deals roll off..I had always look at both guys as role players..We just needed another piece next to Melo to compete in the East at the time..We aren't going to be able to replace the talent lost by spending 10 mil..I can agrue that JR or Shump has played as well if not better than Milsap this playoffs who will be looking for 18 mil next year..The point of them eating cap space is mute because replacing them will cost much more money..Add Calderon's contract was just plain silly..

And we are helping Lebron and the Cavs..A team that will prevent us from getting to the next level in the Eastern Conference...U can't excuse how amateurish this makes Phil Jackson look..

smackeddog
5/27/2015  11:07 AM
holfresh wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't know how you can call that a great trade when we got nothing in return..Firstly, let me say I didn't want JR and Shump traded or Woodson fired for that matter..I got used to the idea of the consolation prize for having them traded was decent draft pick, so I'm guilty of that...I always thought we could have kept the best of the 54 win team and let Chandler and Amare's deals roll off..I had always look at both guys as role players..We just needed another piece next to Melo to compete in the East at the time..We aren't going to be able to replace the talent lost by spending 10 mil..I can agrue that JR or Shump has played as well if not better than Milsap this playoffs who will be looking for 18 mil next year..The point of them eating cap space is mute because replacing them will cost much more money..Add Calderon's contract was just plain silly..

And we are helping Lebron and the Cavs..A team that will prevent us from getting to the next level in the Eastern Conference...U can't excuse how amateurish this makes Phil Jackson look..

I said great trade for the CAVS!

THE 2015 NBA playoff thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy