Gamethread 4/13 Knicks vs. Hawks
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

1/13/2016  1:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2016  1:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
fishmike wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:I'm happy for Galloway. He had a great night.

So does it take 80 games to get a hang of the triangle? Can we have an 80-game training camp?

same... we field inferior talent every night and they play hard. Fisher coaches like a college coach, taking time outs to teach and make points. Galloway had a fantastic game against a good player and a good team.

Hopefully tons of teams were scouting the Hawks and fell in love with THjr and make us great offers for him.

Its a slow day at work

Very Briggsian of you.

I'm also pretty sure there were 2...maybe 3 posters who talked about trading THJ to get the pick we eventually used to take Grant.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2016  2:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:
fishmike wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:I'm happy for Galloway. He had a great night.

So does it take 80 games to get a hang of the triangle? Can we have an 80-game training camp?

same... we field inferior talent every night and they play hard. Fisher coaches like a college coach, taking time outs to teach and make points. Galloway had a fantastic game against a good player and a good team.

Hopefully tons of teams were scouting the Hawks and fell in love with THjr and make us great offers for him.

Its a slow day at work

Very Briggsian of you.

I'm also pretty sure there were 2...maybe 3 posters who talked about trading THJ to get the pick we eventually used to take Grant.

You know... Briggs only started doing that (and how often does he actually?) after a few folks became very obsessed with proving him wrong at every corner. That sucks as he's been one of the staples on this forum for a decade + and adds more than most.

That being said this wasnt a look at how right fishmike was. Im wrong more often than right. Just ask Mrs. Fishmike. If there was a point its simply that you cant fixate on small because its too easy to lose focus. Gotta look at the big. Im just old enough to understand patience works many things out, and the sky is falling reactions are unproductive and ultimately those situations are reversible if you stick to a plan and do things the right way. We ALL wanted the #1 pick.

But lets reflect... do you think ATL makes that trade if THjr doesnt have the game he had? I cant say one way or another but its hard to think that seeing him at his best didnt influence them. If I had to give Briggs a hard time I would say the knock is his tendancy to fall in love with players after a short scouting report. Have to wonder if some of that took place with Atl and Timmy?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Gamethread 4/13 Knicks vs. Hawks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy