[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread 4/13 Knicks vs. Hawks
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2015  10:55 PM
TPercy wrote:I'm happy for Galloway too, 26 pts on 12 shots with 6 dimes and 5 boards. Hella nice. I just wish he did this earlier in the season.

Also, in Berman's article I believe Fisher said that Galloway is the team leader.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/13/2015  11:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TPercy wrote:I'm happy for Galloway too, 26 pts on 12 shots with 6 dimes and 5 boards. Hella nice. I just wish he did this earlier in the season.

Also, in Berman's article I believe Fisher said that Galloway is the team leader.

Some fans and the media spend so much time dissing the Knicks that they forget that some of these players are part of our future. We need them to develop and play well. They're coming back next year. While the fact we've fallen back in the lottery is distressing, the fact that the young players are playing well is not a bad thing. It's a very good thing.

Some have scoffed at the idea that there would be some continuity next year. I have never looked down on that. These young players are very much part of the process and we don't have enough cap to get an entirely new team. It's not even a good idea IMO to do that. We do need to upgrade the top of the rotation but the young players are part of the process of remaking this team.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/13/2015  11:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Some fans and the media spend so much time dissing the Knicks that they forget that some of these players are part of our future. We need them to develop and play well. They're coming back next year. While the fact we've fallen back in the lottery is distressing, the fact that the young players are playing well is not a bad thing. It's a very good thing.

Some have scoffed at the idea that there would be some continuity next year. I have never looked down on that. These young players are very much part of the process and we don't have enough cap to get an entirely new team. It's not even a good idea IMO to do that. We do need to upgrade the top of the rotation but the young players are part of the process of remaking this team.

Schlosser, KnicksBlog said today the Knicks could bring back 10 guys from ths team. I hope there is more turnover but he pointed out guys strengths and small cap hits.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/13/2015  11:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2015  11:13 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

nix i think you are a good fan but sometimes being critical of the knicks shows that you care and want Them to fix the problems
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/13/2015  11:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Saw something to that effect, too. Also saw Lance Thomas talking to guys in a huddle near the end of the game.

Losing some of your team "leaders" because of injuries and trades has allowed certain players to emerge. Understanding the offense has also helped, I think, and Galloway seems to be directing guys to spots all the time, even when he does not have the ball.

It will be interesting to see how this works out next year, when the team is reshaped with the addition of veterans, and guys like Anthony and Calderon (if he isn't traded or released) come back.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
4/13/2015  11:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Schlosser, KnicksBlog said today the Knicks could bring back 10 guys from ths team. I hope there is more turnover but he pointed out guys strengths and small cap hits.

I've been saying this for a while now but most good teams win with their top 6-7 rotation players. Knicks will have to add about 3 guys to the team's top rotation.

1. Melo
2. Draft Pick
3. Free Agent
4. Free Agent
5. Schved
6. Galloway
7. Thanasis

Just to kind of give an idea of what i'm talking about. It could be 3 free agents but I think that's about the extent of what we'd likely see next year.

WaltLongmire

4/13/2015  11:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I hope it isn't 10... but there are a number of guys who have at least earned a chance to compete for a job next year, and I hope they get the chance.

I am not a fan of Scholsser- who has had a number of strange opinions during the year. I wish I had written them down, but I'm not sure of this guy, sometimes. Just one man's opinion.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
4/13/2015  11:24 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

nix i think you are a good fan but sometimes being critical of the knicks shows that you care and want Them to fix the problems

Shows that I care??? Dude you have no idea how much i've committed to following this team for 40 years. I was just a young kid the last time the Knicks won. I have been suffering all these decades loyally waiting for a title (same with the Jets). I simply don't see the point in blaming the players who are trying to stick in the NBA. What do they care about a possible draft pick? It's not the players fault that the Magic and Hawks stunk and didn't give a flip about the games.

In the end we want to see our young players develop and gain confidence. These are our players. They're coming back next year. Lets hope we still end up with an impact player in the draft, which is still very much a possibility.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

4/13/2015  11:26 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Shows that I care??? Dude you have no idea how much i've committed to following this team for 40 years. I was just a young kid the last time the Knicks won. I have been suffering all these decades loyally waiting for a title (same with the Jets). I simply don't see the point in blaming the players who are trying to stick in the NBA. What do they care about a possible draft pick? It's not the players fault that the Magic and Hawks stunk and didn't give a flip about the games.

In the end we want to see our young players develop and gain confidence. These are our players. They're coming back next year. Lets hope we still end up with an impact player in the draft, which is still very much a possibility.

wow you misinterpreted bigtime. I never said you didnt care. I simply meant you cant blame some fans for getting upset at the knicks sometimes....they just want the team to do well
WaltLongmire

4/14/2015  2:45 AM
The actual difference between the 1 and 2 teams' chances of a number one pick is about 5%, hardly that significant, and the worst case situation is 4 vs 5.

The Jets closing out 8-8 a few years ago was perhaps a worse case of un-tanking, and they won their final game last year, although I don't know if it made a difference position-wise.

The NBA draft is just not as certain, and that's how the NBA wants it.

I would rather have the worst record, and have :rooted" for this, but there are no guarantees in this lottery, and a 25% chance is not so great, even though it is better than the other odds.

This seems like a solid draft- we're going to get a good player, one way or the other, IMO.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/14/2015  7:15 AM
I'm pissed that we're winning, but I suppose you could look on it as, how would you feel if we tanked, and then come the lottery the Twolves (if they'd ended with the 2nd worst record) got the first pick and we fell to fourth. However we all know how this **** is going to go! We'll drop to the worst spot possible no matter where we finish!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/14/2015  9:34 AM
Is Bargs suffering from tankitis?

What a bunch of entitled, whining losers. You play right into the hands of a system that incentivises being as douchey a fan as you could possibly hope to be. Rooting for losses. Instead of wondering why the fuhuck would a lottery system that doesn't actually provide sheeehit for the majority of the effed up franchises who still suhuck no matter how many times they tank, continues to be utilized by a supposedly professional sport.

And please, please, don't point to San Tone again. Anyone who does that, thinking ping pong balls and Tim Duncan go together, has all the brains of a peanut butter sandwich.

The lottery is nothing but a ploy to force possibly good college players into poorly run franchises. It should either go back to the original format, where there is no incentive to be the worst of the worst, or they should do away with the draft altogether and let college players actually just decide where they would want to play. But of course, how could twenty-somethings be expected to decide, all on their own, where they want to work?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2015  10:16 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:I'm happy for Galloway. He had a great night.

So does it take 80 games to get a hang of the triangle? Can we have an 80-game training camp?

same... we field inferior talent every night and they play hard. Fisher coaches like a college coach, taking time outs to teach and make points. Galloway had a fantastic game against a good player and a good team.

Hopefully tons of teams were scouting the Hawks and fell in love with THjr and make us great offers for him.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/14/2015  11:59 AM
The Knicks signed a bunch of guys to plug holes on and Woody's squads... dribble up, pass, chuck in the corner. Sign a center and draft guys that can cover up for others inferior defense.

There was going to be turnover. At least now there are some guys who know what the fk is up.

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/14/2015  8:37 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:The Knicks signed a bunch of guys to plug holes on and Woody's squads... dribble up, pass, chuck in the corner. Sign a center and draft guys that can cover up for others inferior defense.

There was going to be turnover. At least now there are some guys who know what the fk is up.

Papabear Says

The Knicks are a bunch of azz holes. They don't even know how to tank. Winning this game means nothing. 75% of the guys in a knicks uniform playing this game with the hawks won't be back next season. They sucked all season and now they want to play their ass off and right out of the chance for a number one pick. Every other team know how to tank but we have something to prove by winning this game? They better loose tomorrow night. Fisher better not let these good for nothing players go out there and win the damn game. the Timber wolves lost 11 in a row. Do you think they will try to win tomorrow night? Hell no. The commissioner need to make them play hard or take the first pick from them. Damn the Knicks win a game and we still loose.

Papabear
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/15/2015  9:19 AM
Papabear wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:The Knicks signed a bunch of guys to plug holes on and Woody's squads... dribble up, pass, chuck in the corner. Sign a center and draft guys that can cover up for others inferior defense.

Papabear Says

The Knicks are a bunch of azz holes. They don't even know how to tank. Winning this game means nothing. 75% of the guys in a knicks uniform playing this game with the hawks won't be back next season. They sucked all season and now they want to play their ass off and right out of the chance for a number one pick. Every other team know how to tank but we have something to prove by winning this game? They better loose tomorrow night. Fisher better not let these good for nothing players go out there and win the damn game. the Timber wolves lost 11 in a row. Do you think they will try to win tomorrow night? Hell no. The commissioner need to make them play hard or take the first pick from them. Damn the Knicks win a game and we still loose.

I agree with that -- they suck so much they can't even suck properly

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
OldFan
Member: #446
4/15/2015  10:35 AM
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Who are the azz holes? Certainly not the players - if 75% of them are not going to be on the team - why would they care about the Knicks lottery chances? They're trying to stay employed. The coach? Coaches don't get paid to lose games and coaches that lose too many games get fired. Would you make it easier for your company to fire you for the good of the company? I understand your frustration but don't see why someone trying to stay employed is a azzhole.

fishmike
USA
4/15/2015  10:57 AM
OldFan wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Who are the azz holes? Certainly not the players - if 75% of them are not going to be on the team - why would they care about the Knicks lottery chances? They're trying to stay employed. The coach? Coaches don't get paid to lose games and coaches that lose too many games get fired. Would you make it easier for your company to fire you for the good of the company? I understand your frustration but don't see why someone trying to stay employed is a azzhole.

you either respect the integrity of the game or you dont. We have fielded a d league team all year and the result will be one of the worst 3 records in the NBA. The job is done.

Imagine if Shved doesnt break a rib and he continues on that tear? If guys are terrible its not stop posting about how devoid of talent we are and how much Phil sucks. If some of these guys he's brought in like Galloway and Shved play well then its "the Knicks are so stupid, they cant even lose right and they are azzholes for it."

See how that works?

Knicks did this right. Dump players, let the losses mount and give the minutes to guys worth taking a look at. In the end whats the goal? A terrible record and a top 5 pick. The rest is luck.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/15/2015  11:00 AM
OldFan wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

"Fans" rooting for losses are prime examples of why azzholes can't see.

fishmike
USA
1/13/2016  1:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:I'm happy for Galloway. He had a great night.

So does it take 80 games to get a hang of the triangle? Can we have an 80-game training camp?

same... we field inferior talent every night and they play hard. Fisher coaches like a college coach, taking time outs to teach and make points. Galloway had a fantastic game against a good player and a good team.

Hopefully tons of teams were scouting the Hawks and fell in love with THjr and make us great offers for him.

Its a slow day at work
Gamethread 4/13 Knicks vs. Hawks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy