[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Will Okafor's game translate in the NBA????
Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

4/6/2015  11:32 PM
I am sorry folks, the kid appears to be bigger then everyone he plays against in college. He is a good passer, but he is only effective offensively when he is inside 10' from the basket. He is a decent post player in college, but I think he will not be a success until he adds a 12 to 18' jumper to his game. He is a similar player to Jefferson IMO, but Jefferson can actually face the basket.
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
malassise
Member: #5993

4/6/2015  11:35 PM
yes
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/6/2015  11:38 PM
He is going to be great.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/6/2015  11:38 PM
Yep. For 10-15 years.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/6/2015  11:39 PM
I think a cross between Eddy Curry/Boozer/Mike Sweetney.

Tough choice who to take at 2 ok4, mudiay, russell, Winslow or Kaminsky

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/6/2015  11:39 PM
Dude is a 18-19 year old freshman. Stop acting like he's a finished product. Why is it okay for us to judge and project what Towns can be based on potential, but not Ok4?
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/6/2015  11:41 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I think a cross between Eddy Curry/Boozer/Mike Sweetney.

I think you already made your choice.

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/6/2015  11:48 PM
good nba player ... If he does not extend his range, shoot better FT's and play better defense, then he will just be a good player.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/6/2015  11:50 PM
Uptown wrote:Dude is a 18-19 year old freshman. Stop acting like he's a finished product. Why is it okay for us to judge and project what Towns can be based on potential, but not Ok4?

I would not take him at #1 for various reasons, but yes, he is still a baby in some ways.

Right now he's imposing looking, but the way his muscles look does not match his level of physical maturity and strength. Winslow is basically the same age, but clearly he is more mature physically than OK4.

OK4 quickness should improve as his body hardens, but that should not be a reason for not hustling and being a better help defender, and I question his basketball "instincts," unless he is working down low on the offensive end.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/6/2015  11:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2015  11:59 PM
OK4 is a tough call because I don't think he is in shape..He had some easy looks at the rim and couldn't finish..I'm not sure we have seen what this guy could be in college..He needs to change his regiment and approach to the game..The talent is there but who knows..I didn't see one alley hoop to him when his man was cheating..So he doesn't have the legs for it??..

He has the talent but at 19 it's hard to know if he has the desire..
Finestrg
Member: #1069

4/6/2015  11:59 PM
A couple of closeups of Okafor standing next to Kaminsky -- maybe it was just me but I'd swear it looked like Okafor had a couple of inches in him. Depending on where you look -- Okafor's listed at 6'10" and Kaminsky 7'. Didn't look like that to me. And then there's the girth/strength -- no comparison--Okafor by a mile there. I think Okafor will play a lot of 5 in the NBA.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/6/2015  11:59 PM
Uptown wrote:Dude is a 18-19 year old freshman. Stop acting like he's a finished product. Why is it okay for us to judge and project what Towns can be based on potential, but not Ok4?

Yup, it seems players who are good or poised or polished get discriminated against because people assume they have less upside than a player who isn't good or polished at anything

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/7/2015  12:01 AM
holfresh wrote:OK4 is a tough call because I don't think he is in shape..He had some easy looks at the rim and couldn't finish..I'm not sure we have seen what this guy could be in college..He needs to change his regiment and approach to the game..The talent is there but who knows..I didn't see one alley hoop to him when his man was cheating..So he doesn't have the legs for it??..

He had a couple of ferocious dunks in the first half.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/7/2015  12:05 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Yup, it seems players who are good or poised or polished get discriminated against because people assume they have less upside than a player who isn't good or polished at anything

No its because of his defense. Which happens to be the area where Towns excels

Uptown

4/7/2015  12:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/7/2015  12:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:OK4 is a tough call because I don't think he is in shape..He had some easy looks at the rim and couldn't finish..I'm not sure we have seen what this guy could be in college..He needs to change his regiment and approach to the game..The talent is there but who knows..I didn't see one alley hoop to him when his man was cheating..So he doesn't have the legs for it??..

Duke guards dont throw alley-oops to the rim, they throw 3pters to the rim. Imagine how good ok4 will be with a legit pg and a summer or 2 of real NBA game developmental work outs on his game.

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/7/2015  12:11 AM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Duke guards dont throw alley-oops to the rim, they throw 3pters to the rim. Imagine how good ok4 will be with a legit pg and a summer or 2 of real NBA game developmental work outs on his game.

Well that's the thing..I don't think he is a shape either..Key is to find out if he really wants it..If he puts in the work he can be a good player..
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/7/2015  12:12 AM
Of course--hes going to be a monster 4 man. Id pick him #2 at worst with almost no angle to trade down.
RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown

4/7/2015  12:18 AM
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Well that's the thing..I don't think he is a shape either..Key is to find out if he really wants it..If he puts in the work he can be a good player..

The advanced low post skill he possesses at this age shows he has put in a ton of work already. The disire appears to be there. Once in the NBA, with legit trainers, he has the potential to be a monster in the paint.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/7/2015  12:20 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I think a cross between Eddy Curry/Boozer/Mike Sweetney.

Except he's taller than all those guys.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/7/2015  1:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Uncontested, and in one way or another, he was benefitting from what another player on his team did.

Definitely not a ball hawk type.

At times, he give you the kind of play on D and as a rebounder that you see from Bargs on his worst days.

Sorry, but there is no other way to put it, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Will Okafor's game translate in the NBA????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy