[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jerry West--we will match any offer for stromile swift
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
7/1/2004  12:20 PM
unless the plan is to trade gasol pretty soon.

[Edited by - raven on 07/01/2004 12:20:46]
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/1/2004  3:30 PM
I don't think they will trade Gasol unless its for a similar star.

and then, why pay so much for a back up.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2004  4:28 PM
Sto and Craw are not quite busts, but sometimes you have to move on and throw in the towel on a player for a certain amount of money. Craw has his Flaw's and to pay a guy 30 mil or more whom your not going to start over a rookie gordan is a big message. Craw can get good minutes at either guard spot in NY and start when h20 is out and eventually replace him.

The dynamics of him and Marbs would be fun to watch.

either way, once he is not playing for a contract he can calm down and play real ball.

Grizz are similar, pay 30mil plus for dumb athletic Stro?
At least he is young, paying Damp for 6 years is crazy. every year there is one player whom jsut gets screwed. Stephen Jackson last year, Kandiman also was over estimating his pay.

But that MLE is not chump change at it raises our number even higher. Just cuz we have it does not mean we use it. Even Isiah does not have a blank check.
BigAppleStar3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #683
USA
7/1/2004  4:47 PM
Hard to say with Jerry West. Memphis is not New York City. Stromile Swift is like their 4th or 5th most important player. West cannot afford to spend $40M on a backup. Pau Gasol and other key players more important than Swift are FA's in the next year or so.

I think a Kurt Thomas swap for Swift would be good for both teams. We obviously need an athletic freak like Swift and Hubie Brown needs a veteran rugged PF next to Gasol.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/1/2004  5:14 PM
what West was hoping (and has been hoping) to do is package 2-3 of his good players in Miller, Swift, Wright, Posey, Battier, Wells or Williams for a star type player. He hasnt been able to do that and now he's hit with the decision on how much to pay these guys. With all those guys on the bubble I find it hard to believe West plans to keep them all. I'm sure he wants to keep an asset like Swift, but is that asset worth 40mm? To us... I think yes, to Mem I would say no.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/1/2004  7:13 PM
i've been reading rumors that Dampier is interested in going to MEM...maybe West can work some kind of sign & trade w/the Warriors? they have some good young players i'm sure the Warriors would be interested in...West pretty much has no shot at Shaq or Kobe, since Kupchak is not gonna trade either one back to him in any case.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Jerry West--we will match any offer for stromile swift

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy