[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Today is July 1st
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
7/1/2004  7:26 AM
Today is supposed to be the biggest day for free agents, and so far, I have yet to hear what Isiah or better yet who Isiah have contacted. I wonder if he called Kobe and Sheed? because he did say that those two were his number 1 priority.

My wish is to see some real ballers in our team. Guys that are very athletic and not one dimentional. players with exceptional handling skills and most of all basketball IQ.

Holla at me.........
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/1/2004  8:54 AM
I love Sheed, but I like him on Detroit (not that I wouldnt mind him in NY) but he seems to fit that team so well - why give it up? What incentive does he have to come to NY and leave a Championship team?

I am not so hot on Crawford and I dont know why people all are over his jock strap. He has proven nothing.

Kobe wont be a Knick - its that simple - Laker for life.

Shaq - its too bad Isiah blew his wad on Marbury although all of those players and contracts probably wouldnt have been enough to get the daddy to NYC. He is the missing piece the Knicks have needed since Ewing went on the decline, unfortunately it was not meant to be.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/1/2004  9:12 AM
Isiah has supposedly contacted Kobe, Rasheed, and Jamal Crawford a little after 12:00 last night. I'm sure he has contacted more free agents but those are the first three he most likely called.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/1/2004  9:38 AM
So has every other team in the league so that doesn't mean much.

Right now we are just in a waiting game. That's understandable because players want to make top dollar. The thing is you can't wait too long. The idea is to basically have your rosters major pieces together before August cuz you want guys to meet up and get ready for the season.

You gottta get guys focused early. There are championships to be won.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/1/2004  9:41 AM
Crawford's like 24 and averaged 17 points/ 5 assists last year. He could play PG and SG for us and would take some pressure off of Marbury while providing insurance for Houston. He's not a consistent shooter and doesn't do much on D, but he has a ton of upside, but for the MLE or in a trade for KT, why not?
EnySpree

7/1/2004  9:51 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Crawford's like 24 and averaged 17 points/ 5 assists last year. He could play PG and SG for us and would take some pressure off of Marbury while providing insurance for Houston. He's not a consistent shooter and doesn't do much on D, but he has a ton of upside, but for the MLE or in a trade for KT, why not?

That is the big plus on Crawford. He has to find a way to control his fury. Kid is nasty though. His nickname is something like "the crossover" or "kid crossover" or something like that. I can really see him playing that role man for real....He can definately get 30 minutes especially with Houston on the team cuz you can't keep Crawfords skills off the court.

Houston usually goes off in the 3rd.....Crawford has shown a passion for playing in the fourth quarter. If you see the big picture it is truly a beautiful thing.....

Knicks just have to get legit on the interior. Sweetney has potential to bring it, but after Nazr who do we have? Doleac would add a dimention Knicks need from the center spot. That might be good enough....

Yup focus on a Joe Dumars, Vinnie Johnson type to play with Marbs and Houston in the back court.....sign doleac and hope those rookies pan out to fill out the roster.

Sounds like a plan to me. Actually it sounds like a photo copy of the 88-89 pistons.

[Edited by - enyspree on 07/01/2004 09:52:55]

[Edited by - enyspree on 07/01/2004 12:02:33]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/1/2004  9:51 AM
For all the guys who think crawford wouldn't be a nice plus int the mix, just chek back our sweep by the nets, and by the way, most of our blowouts in the regular season.

As soon as team focused on marbury to get the ball out of his hands, they know we had nobody able to create a shoot, to beat of the dribble, to make some plays.

that's what crawford can bring.

provided he's well driven (marbury, lenny and IT should provide that) he should improve quickly and thrive if surrounded by veterans.
s3231
USA
7/1/2004  10:36 AM
I have a feeling that Isiah is gonna use the MLE on a bigman and do a sign and trade for Crawford. Who will be that bigman? Let's wait and see...

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/01/2004 10:39:05]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
VDesai
USA
7/1/2004  10:56 AM
Posted by s3231:

I have a feeling that Isiah is gonna use the MLE on a bigman and do a sign and trade for Crawford. Who will be that bigman? Let's wait and see...

I think he's gonna have to at least throw the MLE at Crawford first before he can precipitate a sign and trade. I don't think the Bulls are banging down the door for Kurt Thomas, so they're not gonna make a deal without any thread.

The waiting period with Crawford might handcuff us from offering the MLE to some big men, who might sign elsewhere.

diderotn
Member: #650
USA
7/1/2004  11:09 AM
Crawf may be a tough deal, but Mo Peterson isn't. He played under the supervision of Lenny in Toronto, and had a pretty good relationship with Lenny. He even went as far as criticizing Vince for making the smart comments that he made when Lenny got fired.
The true Knickabocker..........
raven
Canada
7/1/2004  12:01 PM
throwing the mLE at crawford to see the bulls match and then doing a S&T would be a good idea, though I doubt it would go that way.

thing will likely to be :
"i'm about to offer the MLE to JC"
"Ok so i'll match"
"Ok so let's deal"
EnySpree

7/1/2004  12:09 PM
Posted by raven:

throwing the mLE at crawford to see the bulls match and then doing a S&T would be a good idea, though I doubt it would go that way.

thing will likely to be :
"i'm about to offer the MLE to JC"
"Ok so i'll match"
"Ok so let's deal"

Paxton seems like a ball buster.....like that kid that won't trade that one card he has no mater who you are offering him....just cuz you want it and he has it.

just as an example.....I used to collect cards of all the knicks and I wanted this Derek Harper card really bad (cuz eh had the Knick uniform on)and I offered him some guys rookie card of I forgot who but he would not let him go.....what a jerk.
s3231
USA
7/1/2004  12:15 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by s3231:

I think he's gonna have to at least throw the MLE at Crawford first before he can precipitate a sign and trade. I don't think the Bulls are banging down the door for Kurt Thomas, so they're not gonna make a deal without any thread.

The waiting period with Crawford might handcuff us from offering the MLE to some big men, who might sign elsewhere.

Yea I know Isiah will most likely have to throw the MLE at Crawford before a sign and trade can happen. I meant that ultimately, I think we will use the MLE on a bigman while doing a sign and trade for Craw.
s3231
USA
7/1/2004  12:15 PM
w/e I'm just anxious to see what Isiah has in store for us this offseason. Whether he does something by trading or by free agency I can't wait to see what he does.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/01/2004 12:17:54]
raven
Canada
7/1/2004  12:17 PM
ditto.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/1/2004  12:39 PM
He might end up doing nothing, or simply just resign DerMarr or get Doleac back.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
s3231
USA
7/1/2004  12:50 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

He might end up doing nothing, or simply just resign DerMarr or get Doleac back.

I'll be fine with that, our team has enough talent to improve internally. Plus, no one really knows how good this team is since someone is always injured, hopefully our guys will be healthy this year and we will be able to see some chemistry develop.

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/01/2004 12:51:43]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/1/2004  12:52 PM
Agreed. Our interior defense certainly does need to be worked on, though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
s3231
USA
7/1/2004  1:02 PM
Yea too bad Mutombo isn't in his prime
VDesai
USA
7/1/2004  1:57 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by s3231:

Yea I know Isiah will most likely have to throw the MLE at Crawford before a sign and trade can happen. I meant that ultimately, I think we will use the MLE on a bigman while doing a sign and trade for Craw.

IF Crawford signs an offer sheet and we're negotiating a sign and trade, do we have to pull the offer sheet in order to offer the MLE to someone else? I'm not sure how this works with restricted FA's.

Today is July 1st

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy