[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Case for Emmanuel Mudiay
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
5/20/2015  12:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/20/2015  12:42 AM
I get the feeling Phil doesn't want to take a guard. But he should look real close at the Western Conference finals. Not only do those teams shoot the three, they are led by dynamic guards. Mudiay and Russell are both promising dynamic guards. No funny business, Phil. Take whichever dynamic guard you luck into and walk away happy and lucky.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/20/2015  12:45 AM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I think Mudiay should be the pick. I know Phil is a Jedi and doesn't like point guards or whatever, but I hope he pulls his head out of his ass long enough to realize the Knicks need a point guard. Or Phil could just retire and let Isiah make the pick?

Hey man, just remember that Phil is a man who's personally coached some of the greatest players in the NBA and PLAYED with some of the greatest players in the NBA. He learned from GM's like Jerry West and Jerry Krause. Don't be like some of these other guys who don't fully respect the massive amount of knowledge Phil has acquired over the decades. It's really nonsensical to have that kind of disrespect for a man that has seen that much winning. You think you might learn a little something learning at the feet of greatness like he's seen?

Phil has the reference of Jordan and Kobe in his mind when he views any guard. Just try to remember those things when you make jokes about Phil. No one has spent more time with greatness than this man.

Well, to be fair, Iman Shumpert and JR Smith got to spend more time with greatness than Phil this season when he gave them to Lebron James for free so Lebron could make the Finals again.

Phil was a great coach. So far, he's been the worst executive the Knicks have ever had, which is pretty impressive. Somewhere Isiah is laughing and waiting to get his old job back.

A few months with Lebron verses Phil's decades with Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Shaq, Kobe etc. Not to mention great GM's like Jerry West and Jerry Krause. I think perhaps you aren't thinking clearly right now. Phil is not the worst executive we've ever had even with this season. This is the highest pick we've had since Ewing. You haven't even seen what he's going to do with the team yet. It's very premature to be talking like this before the draft and free agency are done.
tj23
Member: #3119

5/20/2015  12:46 AM
I am 100% fine with #4 as long as it still nets us Russell or Mudiay.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/20/2015  12:57 AM
tj23 wrote:I am 100% fine with #4 as long as it still nets us Russell or Mudiay.

I think it could potentially net us either PG. Philly likes Russell now, but there is still a lot of visibility to gain on both. Combine, workouts...things could be in flux. Either way, looks like we'll get our PG of the future.

Winslow is a really nice 2-way player, but I feel he has limited upside. Would not take him at 4. If we could trade down and snag Winslow + WCS/Kaminsky, I would no longer regret losing out on a top 2 pick and Towns/OK4.

My prediction as of now: Mudiay. Just a gut feeling.

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

5/20/2015  1:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I think Mudiay should be the pick. I know Phil is a Jedi and doesn't like point guards or whatever, but I hope he pulls his head out of his ass long enough to realize the Knicks need a point guard. Or Phil could just retire and let Isiah make the pick?

The Knicks scouted Mudiay. I agree that he shoukd be the pick. I think Phil takes him or stein. The Knicks seem to have a lot of interest in Stein. Not sure if they have a trade scenario in place if stein is available later or if they would consider him at 4.

So tired of the tears for that bum JR Smith. He had every chance to show his worth in NY. All he did was hang out and be hung over. The true traits of a bum. Shumpert also had four years to become a player. Thanks for nothing guys.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/20/2015  1:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/20/2015  1:23 AM
Moonangie wrote:
tj23 wrote:I am 100% fine with #4 as long as it still nets us Russell or Mudiay.

I think it could potentially net us either PG. Philly likes Russell now, but there is still a lot of visibility to gain on both. Combine, workouts...things could be in flux. Either way, looks like we'll get our PG of the future.

Winslow is a really nice 2-way player, but I feel he has limited upside. Would not take him at 4. If we could trade down and snag Winslow + WCS/Kaminsky, I would no longer regret losing out on a top 2 pick and Towns/OK4.

Moon--I like you're line of thinking--thats how Im thinking---Id rather get a multi asset trade.

RIP Crushalot😞
Moonangie

5/20/2015  1:13 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

Moon--my bet5 is a Willie Stein at C with Kaminsky at 4--that would make willie stein more valuable with Frank as a passer--but I like you're line of thinking--thats how Im thinking---Id rather get a multi asset trade.

Honestly BRIGGS, I am still of the mindset that we should explore trading Melo, perhaps to the Lakers. I am in full rebuild mode b/c I don't see the Knicks' window for contention in the next five years. Melo will miss the boat in NYC, so why stay?

If we could take back the #2 to select our big plus Mudiay/Winslow @4, I'd be willing to take less for Melo than he's worth. Something like the #2 and a top-3 protected first rounder in 2016, with a second rounder this year and some players involved via a third team to make it not ridiculous and match salaries.

I am not a Melo hater...he's a stud. But he ****ed up by making us trade with Denver, so he is better off taking a shot in Chitown or LA. Not gwine happen for him in the City.

BRIGGS
5/20/2015  1:23 AM
Moonangie wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

Moon--my bet5 is a Willie Stein at C with Kaminsky at 4--that would make willie stein more valuable with Frank as a passer--but I like you're line of thinking--thats how Im thinking---Id rather get a multi asset trade.

Honestly BRIGGS, I am still of the mindset that we should explore trading Melo, perhaps to the Lakers. I am in full rebuild mode b/c I don't see the Knicks' window for contention in the next five years. Melo will miss the boat in NYC, so why stay?

If we could take back the #2 to select our big plus Mudiay/Winslow @4, I'd be willing to take less for Melo than he's worth. Something like the #2 and a top-3 protected first rounder in 2016, with a second rounder this year and some players involved via a third team to make it not ridiculous and match salaries.

I am not a Melo hater...he's a stud. But he ****ed up by making us trade with Denver, so he is better off taking a shot in Chitown or LA. Not gwine happen for him in the City.

I think Dolan would trade his mother before he traded Melo.

RIP Crushalot😞
PhilinLA
Member: #696
5/20/2015  1:29 AM
I love both Guards and would be thrilled with either.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
callmened
Member: #4234

5/20/2015  1:41 AM
all this means to me is i have to read/watch more about mudiay to get comfy with the idea of drafting him
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
5/20/2015  2:04 AM
callmened wrote:all this means to me is i have to read/watch more about mudiay to get comfy with the idea of drafting him

I have a hard time believing the Knicks will take a 19 year old PG whether the decision is right or wrong. I read tonight that the Knicks have not even scheduled a workout and never went to China to see him play. Think about that.

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
Member: #748
5/20/2015  2:24 AM
Chad Ford: The Knicks will talk trade with everyone and are also big Justise Winslow fans. Not sure they’re sold on Mudiay ... Twitter @chadfordinsider - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/emmanuel_mudiay#sthash.THNSgTSU.dpuf
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
callmened
Member: #4234

5/20/2015  2:25 AM
wow. smh
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
USA
5/20/2015  2:26 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:all this means to me is i have to read/watch more about mudiay to get comfy with the idea of drafting him

I have a hard time believing the Knicks will take a 19 year old PG whether the decision is right or wrong. I read tonight that the Knicks have not even scheduled a workout and never went to China to see him play. Think about that.

I think the Knicks will schedule a workout now that they know the players in range of where they're drafting. Due diligence would suggest that the Knicks MUST scout every player and have good intel on worthy players. It would make no sense not to scout a top prospect. The Knicks can't know for sure that they won't have to keep the #4 pick and so they may very well have to make sure that they get the best player possible. It's just part of the process. The may have intent to see what they can get in a trade but what if you can't make a deal? You MUST make sure that you can get the best player at that pick if you have to keep it.

Proper planning would suggest you're prepared for any eventuality and many different scenarios. You should have a plan for what you would do with picks 1-5 and what you'd do based on every possible draft mock. You should have a plan for what to do if all the top players you want are gone and you can't make a trade. In this case #4 means there are lot of players left to choose from and you should plan workouts to make sure you're making the right decision, whether that's a trade of keeping the pick.

nixluva
USA
5/20/2015  2:40 AM
Knicks GM Steve Mills already spoke with the 6-foot-5 Mudiay at the lottery, his agent told SNY.tv.

“I just know they had a chance to sit and talk, shake hands and exchange pleasantries,” Dwon Clifton said of the brief Mills-Mudiay meeting. Clifton added that he expects Mudiay to go in the 2-4 range.

Snip-
ESPN’s Fran Fraschilla compared Mudiay to NBA Hall of Famer Jason Kidd.

“In Mudiay, you have a Jason Kidd-type point guard who’s probably 6-4, 215, powerful, strong, quick, jump shot has to be fixed a little bit but in time could be very good as well,” Fraschilla told SNY’s The 4 Quarters Podcast.

Former Knicks coach Larry Brown, currently coaching at SMU, had hoped to coach Mudiay this past season before he opted to play in China instead. Brown compared Mudiay to John Wall of the Wizards and Deron Williams of the Nets.

“I look at John and the way he’s evolved and I feel comfortable that Emmanuel is a lot like that,” Brown told SNY.tv in March.

Brown also compared Mudiay to Deron Williams of the Nets, and touted Mudiay’s abilities as a defender and rebounder in addition to his skill set in running a ball club.

“I think when Deron Williams was healthy and young [they were similar],” Brown said. “He shot the ball better than Emmanuel but Emmanuel’s shot is not broken. If you’re conscientious, you can become a reasonable shooter if you’re shot’s not broken and his shot is not broken. But he doesn’t need to shoot to be effective because I think he’s pass-first. I think he’s a special defender and I think he’s an elite rebounder.”

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/knicks-could-be-eyeing-mudiay-international-man-of-mystery-at-no-4-in-nba-draft/
BRIGGS
5/20/2015  2:41 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think the Knicks will schedule a workout now that they know the players in range of where they're drafting. Due diligence would suggest that the Knicks MUST scout every player and have good intel on worthy players. It would make no sense not to scout a top prospect. The Knicks can't know for sure that they won't have to keep the #4 pick and so they may very well have to make sure that they get the best player possible. It's just part of the process. The may have intent to see what they can get in a trade but what if you can't make a deal? You MUST make sure that you can get the best player at that pick if you have to keep it.

Proper planning would suggest you're prepared for any eventuality and many different scenarios. You should have a plan for what you would do with picks 1-5 and what you'd do based on every possible draft mock. You should have a plan for what to do if all the top players you want are gone and you can't make a trade. In this case #4 means there are lot of players left to choose from and you should plan workouts to make sure you're making the right decision, whether that's a trade of keeping the pick.

Teams will miss the gun on Kaminsky. Big white slow whatever you want--best player at 4. 7-1 Face up 4 with all of the skills. If I was Steve Mills Id figure out who DOES not want Kaminsky from 5 down and when he stops--then he should work on a scenario where we may look ot trade down and pick up a 2016 #1 and kaminsky OR someone who can get us Jordan Mickey ion the back of the draft.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
5/20/2015  11:56 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Teams will miss the gun on Kaminsky. Big white slow whatever you want--best player at 4. 7-1 Face up 4 with all of the skills. If I was Steve Mills Id figure out who DOES not want Kaminsky from 5 down and when he stops--then he should work on a scenario where we may look ot trade down and pick up a 2016 #1 and kaminsky OR someone who can get us Jordan Mickey ion the back of the draft.

If Mudiay has the much higher upside then you have to take the kid. I like Kaminsky and maybe he's a steal in the draft but IMO the Knicks have to go after a player who can be a Star for them. An impact player at #4 makes the most sense to me. The might be able to acquire another pick and add a kid like Kaminsky.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/20/2015  1:36 PM

23:00 minute mark - 12 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds

20 points, 3 assists, 5 turnovers, 3 steals, 8/18 shooting, 1/5 threes

19 points, 6 assists, 4 turnovers, 9/15 shooting, 0/3 threes

15 points, 6 assists, 6-15 shooting, 0/3 threes

16:00 minute mark - 22 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists

Moonangie

5/20/2015  2:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

I think Dolan would trade his mother before he traded Melo.

Dolan is primarily a businessman, he's not blowing Melo weekly. He wants to do whatever will get the Garden rocking again. IMO, that's about winning and competing in the Playoffs, and title contention. So his decision-making will be based around profitability, which should align well with getting back to contention.

Maybe he thinks Melo has enough to get there, but last season told me otherwise.

nixluva
USA
5/20/2015  2:41 PM
Watching the China videos you can see some interesting things from Mudiay. He's not playing wild or out of control for an 18 yr old. He was very patient in most cases. I think his shot will come. He's not a Rondo in terms of shooting IMO. Moves the ball and plays within the offense.
The Case for Emmanuel Mudiay

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy