[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: SanAntonio coming to town
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
3/17/2015  11:23 PM
stopstandthere wrote:great win, full effort.

The players deserved this. The fans deserved this.

You just put a bulls eye on your chest with that statement. Everybody duck....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

3/17/2015  11:30 PM
blkexec wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:great win, full effort.

The players deserved this. The fans deserved this.

You just put a bulls eye on your chest with that statement. Everybody duck....

Let me revise. The fans who cheer for this win deserved it (excluding those who rooted for a loss FOR THIS GAME).

I am NOT anti-tank but would able to cheer for any small win for this team. It is not often happened this season we know it.

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

3/17/2015  11:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2015  11:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Brutal win--I was hoping to just finish this out with 3 straight losses to SA Minny and Philly to give us a nice working margin for the last 10. Ill say San Antonio called some strange plays at the end and didnt use Splitter enough in the 2nd half

Seems like teams will start taking their foot off the gas pedal as we approach the end of the season. And of course, the roll players need to feed their kids, so they will be playing hard. But we will still finish within the top three worst teams. So we still good.

I just dont want to go through this awful season and be rewarded with pick #6. Any wins will have absolutely zero carry over affect and are completely valueless to the mission. Its fine to "play well" and lose down the stretch while competing.

If the Knicks win too many meaningless games and as a results don't get a top 3 pick and a bunch of posters here start saying "It's all good" then I might go back into hulk mode.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/17/2015  11:39 PM
Popovich wasn't happy but he also gave some praise to the Knicks for doing what they were supposed to do.

blkexec
3/17/2015  11:44 PM
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Brutal win--I was hoping to just finish this out with 3 straight losses to SA Minny and Philly to give us a nice working margin for the last 10. Ill say San Antonio called some strange plays at the end and didnt use Splitter enough in the 2nd half

Seems like teams will start taking their foot off the gas pedal as we approach the end of the season. And of course, the roll players need to feed their kids, so they will be playing hard. But we will still finish within the top three worst teams. So we still good.

I just dont want to go through this awful season and be rewarded with pick #6. Any wins will have absolutely zero carry over affect and are completely valueless to the mission. Its fine to "play well" and lose down the stretch while competing.

If the Knicks win too many meaningless games and as a results don't get a top 3 pick and a bunch of posters here start saying "It's all good" then I might go back into hulk mode.

If you are a true knick fan, then you should know how this story will end!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/17/2015  11:46 PM
^^imagine if it was barkley on TNT giving a post match analysis..
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/17/2015  11:59 PM
At one point I thought Fisher hinting that Calderon might not play the rest of the season was the team's way of tanking, but quickly realized he and Phil were probably more interested in seeing Shved and Galloway, and maybe even Larkin, get big minutes the rest of the year.

A tanking order comes from higher management, or perhaps a guy like Popovich, who is an institution unto himself, and has nothing to prove. Fisher is too new and too proud to tank it, and nobody presently capable of playing on the court for the Knicks would even think about tanking.

It doesn't even have to be a pride thing, although for many on this team it is- almost everyone is playing for a spot on the team next year, or trying to look good for other teams.

I agree with the play tough lose tight concept- unfortunately, no player on the Knicks is even thinking about next year's draft slot.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
blkexec
3/18/2015  12:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2015  12:10 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:At one point I thought Fisher hinting that Calderon might not play the rest of the season was the team's way of tanking, but quickly realized he and Phil were probably more interested in seeing Shved and Galloway, and maybe even Larkin, get big minutes the rest of the year.

A tanking order comes from higher management, or perhaps a guy like Popovich, who is an institution unto himself, and has nothing to prove. Fisher is too new and too proud to tank it, and nobody presently capable of playing on the court for the Knicks would even think about tanking.

It doesn't even have to be a pride thing, although for many on this team it is- almost everyone is playing for a spot on the team next year, or trying to look good for other teams.

I agree with the play tough lose tight concept- unfortunately, no player on the Knicks is even thinking about next year's draft slot.

Thank you...Thats why theres really no point in getting salty over each win. Phil is no dummy, thats why he's scouting college games now. He didnt think this team would win their way out of the top spot. If he's smart, he will see how they perform this week, after this modivated win, before he starts pulling the plug on some of the roll players like Shevd / Galloway. But it has to be somebody he's willing to bring back. He's not sitting anybody thats trying to play for a new contract, unless he give their agent a unofficial guarantee for next season.. If you sit Shevd, I believe we lose every game. This guy gets to the rim, breaks down the defense, gets a few steals....and gets to the free throw line. He's the only one doing this. Gallo is hot and cold like the rest of the team. But Gallo can't do it by himself. One of these guys have to sit, if the winning streak continues.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
3/18/2015  12:29 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:At one point I thought Fisher hinting that Calderon might not play the rest of the season was the team's way of tanking, but quickly realized he and Phil were probably more interested in seeing Shved and Galloway, and maybe even Larkin, get big minutes the rest of the year.

Id like to see Quincy Acy Wear Lance Thomas and Larkin get significant burn the next two games as in their turn to play. If the organization doesnt want bargs back--i dont care if he plays but balance it by giving Acy minutes. And by all means bring Calderon back anytime they want:)

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/18/2015  1:10 AM
Well a bounce here or there and they could easily have lost this game so i'm not really gonna panic about the few wins they get. It's always tough for this team to play consistently well enough to win games. My guess is that they'll be fighting for that top spot all the way to the end. To be honest I don't know how they managed to stay at the top of the Draft for so long. I was pretty sure that Philly was gonna tank their way past the Knicks a long time ago.
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/18/2015  1:39 AM
i have no problem winning with players that i expect to be back next year.. the thing is.. most if not all these guys will probably not be back.... they cannot sustain this level of play but they can sustain it long enough to torpedo a golden opportunity...

bargs with 10 rebounds? amundsen with 17??? this happened also with hardaway getting hot against the lakers also... these guys play out of their minds at the worst possible times and it is killing our future....

stopstandthere
Member: #6004

3/18/2015  2:14 AM
No panic here. Please take a look of our standing right now. We have room to win. In any event, we can loss all the coming games. At the end of the day, it is still a matter of luck for the picks.

Or we should not be joyful.. but keep the porker face till the day of draft.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/18/2015  10:42 AM
Wtf we beat the Spurs? You gotta be kidding me. We can't even tank right. Now we are gonna beat Minnesota and Philly twice
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/18/2015  10:56 AM
As long as Timmy Hardaway can make a healthy return to the lineup soon, the losses should continue to pile up.
¿ △ ?
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/18/2015  11:04 AM
crzymdups wrote:As long as Timmy Hardaway can make a healthy return to the lineup soon, the losses should continue to pile up.

exactly!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
USA
3/18/2015  11:20 AM
True true
gunsnewing
USA
3/18/2015  11:23 AM
I really hope Adam Silver rigs this draft for us like Stern did for the Cavs all these years
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2015  12:31 PM
First time in NBA history that a sub .200 team beat the defending champs. Shows that some of these guys might make good role players going forward.
blkexec
3/18/2015  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2015  1:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:First time in NBA history that a sub .200 team beat the defending champs. Shows that some of these guys might make good role players going forward.

Or the Spurs laid off the gas pedal, as they enter the last stretch of the season. Some of them are pushing 40, and mentally checked out against the worst team in the NBA. It happens on all levels.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/18/2015  1:53 PM
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Wow. hulk mode. nixluva, duck!

It's all good. Every win is truly enjoyable Not enough?

I hope we end up just barely missing the playoffs. Nothing?

Maybe Phil and Dolan can give Melo a contract extension before the season ends.

GameThread: SanAntonio coming to town

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy