Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

3/18/2015  1:58 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Splat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Brutal win--I was hoping to just finish this out with 3 straight losses to SA Minny and Philly to give us a nice working margin for the last 10. Ill say San Antonio called some strange plays at the end and didnt use Splitter enough in the 2nd half

Seems like teams will start taking their foot off the gas pedal as we approach the end of the season. And of course, the roll players need to feed their kids, so they will be playing hard. But we will still finish within the top three worst teams. So we still good.

I just dont want to go through this awful season and be rewarded with pick #6. Any wins will have absolutely zero carry over affect and are completely valueless to the mission. Its fine to "play well" and lose down the stretch while competing.

If the Knicks win too many meaningless games and as a results don't get a top 3 pick and a bunch of posters here start saying "It's all good" then I might go back into hulk mode.

Wow. hulk mode. nixluva, duck!

It's all good. Every win is truly enjoyable Not enough?

I hope we end up just barely missing the playoffs. Nothing?

Maybe Phil and Dolan can give Melo a contract extension before the season ends.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2015  2:04 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:First time in NBA history that a sub .200 team beat the defending champs. Shows that some of these guys might make good role players going forward.

Or the Spurs laid off the gas pedal, as they enter the last stretch of the season. Some of them are pushing 40, and mentally checked out against the worst team in the NBA. It happens on all levels.

Yes, and the Knicks wanted it more. Its never been done in the history of the league, not something that happens every season. Especially for a Popovich coached team. Good stuff.

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/18/2015  2:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:First time in NBA history that a sub .200 team beat the defending champs. Shows that some of these guys might make good role players going forward.

Or the Spurs laid off the gas pedal, as they enter the last stretch of the season. Some of them are pushing 40, and mentally checked out against the worst team in the NBA. It happens on all levels.

Yes, and the Knicks wanted it more. Its never been done in the history of the league, not something that happens every season. Especially for a Popovich coached team. Good stuff.

It does happen a lot though. I remember the Knicks in 94 lost a game in March or April to a truly wretched 76ers team and that loss cost them home court against the Rockets, I think. Or at least it cost them the overall no.1 seed in the East to the Hawks.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler

3/18/2015  2:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

It does happen a lot though. I remember the Knicks in 94 lost a game in March or April to a truly wretched 76ers team and that loss cost them home court against the Rockets, I think. Or at least it cost them the overall no.1 seed in the East to the Hawks.

Lol, you had to go back twenty years, and it still wasnt a loss against the defending champs . Sure bad teams beat good teams from time to time, but this one was good enough to make the record books.

Not something I want to wear on a T-shirt, but its still good to see these guys giving it their all and doing something that no team with a roster this depleted, has ever done before.

blkexec
Member: #748
3/18/2015  2:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2015  2:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Lol, you had to go back twenty years, and it still wasnt a loss against the defending champs . Sure bad teams beat good teams from time to time, but this one was good enough to make the record books.

Not something I want to wear on a T-shirt, but its still good to see these guys giving it their all and doing something that no team with a roster this depleted, has ever done before.

What I like the most is that we did it at home. I'm tired of teams going into the Garden and having career games against us. That needs to be a top agenda item for Fisher and company. But I agree Gus, it makes that victory even sweeter knowing it broke the record books. Let me be careful with that statement, because as soon as we get pick#5, somebody will pull this thread back up and say, "How sweet was that win now?" Remember, it's against fan rules to show any kind of joy during tank mode. Didn't you get the memo?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler

3/18/2015  3:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2015  3:26 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

What I like the most is that we did it at home. I'm tired of teams going into the Garden and having career games against us. That needs to be a top agenda item for Fisher and company. But I agree Gus, it makes that victory even sweeter knowing it broke the record books. Let me be careful with that statement, because as soon as we get pick#5, somebody will pull this thread back up and say, "How sweet was that win now?" Remember, it's against fan rules to show any kind of joy during tank mode. Didn't you get the memo?

IDK blkexec, the only stat that I really care about is that the team with the worst record hasnt won the lottery in eleven years. Ive been told by those into stats thats its a meaningless statistic. It tells me that the worst record doesnt even make getting the number one pick likely.

We are on our way to the worst record in franchise history, hard for me to get upset when they win now and then, especially the way they did last night. If there is going to be any second guessing IMO, it should be not where we are in the draft, but who we pick. Much more data to pour over, much more tangible evidence to examine vs. ping pong balls bouncing around inside a glass jar.

mreinman
Member: #3189

3/18/2015  3:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

IDK blkexec, the only stat that I really care about is that the team with the worst record hasnt won the lottery in eleven years. Ive been told by those into stats thats its a meaningless statistic. It tells me that the worst record doesnt even make getting the number one pick likely.

We are on our way to the worst record in franchise history, hard for me to get upset when they win now and then, especially the way they did last night. If there is going to be any second guessing IMO, it should be not where we are in the draft, but who we pick. Much more data to pour over, much more tangible evidence to examine vs. ping pong balls bouncing around inside a glass jar.

Its not likely, its a 25% chance at best.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
GustavBahler

3/18/2015  3:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I will be very happy with a top 3 pick.

mreinman

3/18/2015  3:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Me too ... don't want someone to hit that 35% flush on us.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/18/2015  3:59 PM
You know what is really funny? When Bargs get subbed out for defensive purposes and they insert Smith. Like how bad is that?
mreinman

3/18/2015  4:00 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:You know what is really funny? When Bargs get subbed out for defensive purposes and they insert Smith. Like how bad is that?

its not for defense, its for rebounding

yellowboy90

3/18/2015  4:08 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:You know what is really funny? When Bargs get subbed out for defensive purposes and they insert Smith. Like how bad is that?

That would be sad too but I doubt they say that the .4 rebs Smith is averaging more than Bargs is going to make a difference. It's stupid either way because they both suck in both areas.

Bargs and Bargs-lite need to go.

mreinman

3/18/2015  4:11 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That would be sad too but I doubt they say that the .4 rebs Smith is averaging more than Bargs is going to make a difference. It's stupid either way because they both suck in both areas.

I disagree with you about Smith ... he will be back and hopefully at the right price.

In the triangle, we need good midrange shooters and he has been doing that well. Curious how he has done the second half vs the first half ... his TS this year is under 50 which is brutal and his WS48 of .030 is beyond brutal.

This may be a case of my eye test blinding me, or, that his second half numbers are much better than his first.

GustavBahler

3/18/2015  4:34 PM
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Me too ... don't want someone to hit that 35% flush on us.

Lottery night is going to be something else, can't wait.

yellowboy90

3/18/2015  4:48 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I disagree with you about Smith ... he will be back and hopefully at the right price.

In the triangle, we need good midrange shooters and he has been doing that well. Curious how he has done the second half vs the first half ... his TS this year is under 50 which is brutal and his WS48 of .030 is beyond brutal.

This may be a case of my eye test blinding me, or, that his second half numbers are much better than his first.

He had a wonderful .502 TS% pre all star and now has a .450 TS% post all star. I doubt his other stats look different. He shot a few threes and made me giddy but that's about it. He is bad like his Italian brother from another mother.

Jason smith has turned you into Billy Ray Valentine

mreinman

3/18/2015  4:51 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

He had a wonderful .502 TS% pre all star and now has a .450 TS% post all star. I doubt his other stats look different. He shot a few threes and made me giddy but that's about it. He is bad like his Italian brother from another mother.

"I can see! Its a miracle!"

You are right ... he passed my eye test lately ... the stats are really bad. I need to not fall back into bad habits!

yellowboy90

3/18/2015  4:57 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

You are right ... he passed my eye test lately ... the stats are really bad. I need to not fall back into bad habits!

mreinman

3/18/2015  4:58 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Splat
Member: #5862

3/18/2015  5:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Lottery night is going to be something else, can't wait.

I'm gonna make a fortune selling valium to the UK board

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
GameThread: SanAntonio coming to town

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy