Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/30/2015  12:41 PM
TPercy wrote:

this guy comes off as a dick

I hate to say this but Pat Riley did the same exact thing at MSG his first time back?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

3/30/2015  12:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
TPercy wrote:

this guy comes off as a dick

I hate to say this but Pat Riley did the same exact thing at MSG his first time back?

this is true. I have no problem with what he did. At least he did not give the crowd the finger.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

4/1/2015  9:43 PM
Kanter is going crazy again tonight. Looks like that sample size is getting bigger.
BRIGGS
4/1/2015  10:30 PM
mreinman wrote:Kanter is going crazy again tonight. Looks like that sample size is getting bigger.

Hes easily the number 1 free agent whether people get it or not. In fact hed be better if Westbrook looked to distribute more and not jack 30 shots.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/1/2015  10:51 PM
also I can see signs where kanter can turn into a reasonable shot blocker--from what I have seen--hes showing signs just like his passing. This guy could be a real superstar. Hes so far above Monroe---I think Kanter is capable of punting up 5 40 point games a year and avg 25-13--3-1.5. Thats his capability. Really hes almost doing that with OKC at 22 years old.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/1/2015  11:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:also I can see signs where kanter can turn into a reasonable shot blocker--from what I have seen--hes showing signs just like his passing. This guy could be a real superstar. Hes so far above Monroe---I think Kanter is capable of punting up 5 40 point games a year and avg 25-13--3-1.5. Thats his capability. Really hes almost doing that with OKC at 22 years old.

isn't he a restricted FA? don't you think OKC intends to keep him?

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/2/2015  12:03 AM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:also I can see signs where kanter can turn into a reasonable shot blocker--from what I have seen--hes showing signs just like his passing. This guy could be a real superstar. Hes so far above Monroe---I think Kanter is capable of punting up 5 40 point games a year and avg 25-13--3-1.5. Thats his capability. Really hes almost doing that with OKC at 22 years old.

isn't he a restricted FA? don't you think OKC intends to keep him? IDK but going to a frontloaded max puts them at 90mm and repeat tax so they are looking at a 65mm dollar bill and they would have ibaka kanter durant mcgary adams collison jones

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
4/2/2015  12:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote: IDK but going to a frontloaded max puts them at 90mm and repeat tax so they are looking at a 65mm dollar bill and they would have ibaka kanter durant mcgary adams collison jones

and westbrook...

yeah, i dunno. i guess we'll see. i feel like it's more likely durant leaves okc than kanter. but we'll see.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/2/2015  8:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/2/2015  8:20 AM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote: IDK but going to a frontloaded max puts them at 90mm and repeat tax so they are looking at a 65mm dollar bill and they would have ibaka kanter durant mcgary adams collison jones

and westbrook...

yeah, i dunno. i guess we'll see. i feel like it's more likely durant leaves okc than kanter. but we'll see.

I think for better or worse Durant is theirs for now. Kanter if anyone has watched multiple games since his trade---he is clearly and its not really close a higher end basketball player/prospect than Monroe. I dont know about the effort he gave in Utah what style of play etc... but in OKC he played very hard hes been great. Case in point last night--and I watched 3 quarters again. First of Kanter had his 30-15 through less than 3+ 4 Q's(maybe 14 minutes)--he only took 1 more shot the ENTIRE 4thQ because Westbrook ran the same exact play over and over--either he charged into the basket or found Morrow for 3. I mean they ran the same play the whole Q. If they had kept Kanter in the game--he wouldve had a 40-20 night. And his jumpshot is nice--he hit everyone of his FT's and hits 3-4 16 footers--the kind that Monroe doesnt have in his arsenal. If someone said BRIGGS who would you rather have Kanter or lets say Mark Gasol--to me its a NO brainer--this guy is just getting started hes the same age as Frank Kaminsky hes younger than a good portion of senior players in college. Hes a guy who can get us 25-12 a night---Monroe s not even close to that. The thing that I have noticed--is that I think Kanter will block shots and hes a good passer. In th e right system Kanter will be a good passer no doubt about it. Hes a helluva player kudos to OKC for making a steal of a deal--but just like James Harden--and this is MUCH worse--they cant afford to keep him.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/2/2015  8:34 AM
This requires giving more weight to 20 okc games than the rest of his career. That's just too big a leap of faith
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/2/2015  8:57 AM
Im pretty sure Kanter has just played his way off the FA market. He's 100% a max player with his size and age.

OKC has a history of being cheap but they have learned their lessons here, I have no doubt.

I would expect them to match whatever max offer Kanter gets. Then I expect them to trade Westbrook in a sell high that nets them a couple first rounders and a huge trade exception.

They probably draft a PG, and gee... wouldnt Grant from NO look great? Build around Grant/Kanter/Ibaka. Thats a great PG with a great frontcourt. If/when Durant comes back you can compete for a title.

Sorry Briggs.. I can see about 100 scenarios where OKC keeps Kanter, and not too many where they let him go (that make sense).

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
4/2/2015  9:00 AM
If the Lakers keep their pick I could see them sending it to OKC for Westbrook.
crzymdups
USA
4/2/2015  9:18 AM
fishmike wrote:If the Lakers keep their pick I could see them sending it to OKC for Westbrook.

Could definitely see this. Yeah, I think the Lakers are more likely than the Knicks to trade their pick for a "win now" move for the last year of Kobe and also to try to find a successor to Kobe. Lakers are the only team dumber than the Knicks these days, which is saying something.

I agree I can't see Kanter leaving OKC. Briggs, you are absolutely right about him, I think, but I also think OKC knows this. I bet they get him for slightly less than the max, too. Something like 5 years $70M or something.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/2/2015  10:58 AM
fishmike wrote:Im pretty sure Kanter has just played his way off the FA market. He's 100% a max player with his size and age.

OKC has a history of being cheap but they have learned their lessons here, I have no doubt.

I would expect them to match whatever max offer Kanter gets. Then I expect them to trade Westbrook in a sell high that nets them a couple first rounders and a huge trade exception.

They probably draft a PG, and gee... wouldnt Grant from NO look great? Build around Grant/Kanter/Ibaka. Thats a great PG with a great frontcourt. If/when Durant comes back you can compete for a title.

Sorry Briggs.. I can see about 100 scenarios where OKC keeps Kanter, and not too many where they let him go (that make sense).

Whatever may be--lets see what happens up to the FA period. If there are no moves--then its a no brainer. I dont think OKC can afford to pay 65mm this year in luxury taxes.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
4/2/2015  11:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:Im pretty sure Kanter has just played his way off the FA market. He's 100% a max player with his size and age.

Whatever may be--lets see what happens up to the FA period. If there are no moves--then its a no brainer. I dont think OKC can afford to pay 65mm this year in luxury taxes.

well this year its done.. so they have some flex. I agree they arent maxing out Kanter without making other moves. So they have some tough decisions. They dont have options with Durant aside from hope he gets healthy. Ibaka isnt going anywhere either. That leaves Westbrook who's insane play will have some teams willing to do stupid things to get him.

Harden really stings them... no way they let Kanter walk. We have an equal chance of landing Kanter at this point as we have of landing Jimmy Butler... about 1%

BRIGGS
4/2/2015  12:24 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

well this year its done.. so they have some flex. I agree they arent maxing out Kanter without making other moves. So they have some tough decisions. They dont have options with Durant aside from hope he gets healthy. Ibaka isnt going anywhere either. That leaves Westbrook who's insane play will have some teams willing to do stupid things to get him.

Harden really stings them... no way they let Kanter walk. We have an equal chance of landing Kanter at this point as we have of landing Jimmy Butler... about 1%

Thye are not giving up WEestbrook hes their PG--they can t replace him. They have 6 bigs--someone who makes big $ has to go.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
4/2/2015  12:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Thye are not giving up WEestbrook hes their PG--they can t replace him. They have 6 bigs--someone who makes big $ has to go.

yea.. so who makes big money and who is the most replacable? KD/Westbrook and Ibaka make money. Nobody else is getting paid there. Your pining for Kanter. Thats not an asset they can move. Westbrook is. How do you improve that team if your OKC? Why get Kanter in an RFA year and let him walk when he explodes. There is zero logic there man.

Ibaka is only making $12mm. KD is making $20ish. Westbrook is the player thats makes sense to move. They are fighting for the playoffs, not competing for a title. If your building long term and keeping things fluid what do you do? You trade the PG who is often hurt anyway, you sell high because Kanter is more important and Westbrook is going to be a hot commodity.

Watch.. Westbrook to the Laker, Kanter gets 5/$70. Letting Harden go is one thing. They arent letting a potential franchise big walk at 23 years old. This flys in the face of logic.

Waiters/Novak/Morrow combine for $12mm and are all expiring. They will jettison those guys before losing Kanter. I think you need to move on from thinking this guy is an option. He's as possible as Jimmy Butler. Go ahead and offer a max deal, its getting matched.

mreinman

4/2/2015  12:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

yea.. so who makes big money and who is the most replacable? KD/Westbrook and Ibaka make money. Nobody else is getting paid there. Your pining for Kanter. Thats not an asset they can move. Westbrook is. How do you improve that team if your OKC? Why get Kanter in an RFA year and let him walk when he explodes. There is zero logic there man.

Ibaka is only making $12mm. KD is making $20ish. Westbrook is the player thats makes sense to move. They are fighting for the playoffs, not competing for a title. If your building long term and keeping things fluid what do you do? You trade the PG who is often hurt anyway, you sell high because Kanter is more important and Westbrook is going to be a hot commodity.

Watch.. Westbrook to the Laker, Kanter gets 5/$70. Letting Harden go is one thing. They arent letting a potential franchise big walk at 23 years old. This flys in the face of logic.

Waiters/Novak/Morrow combine for $12mm and are all expiring. They will jettison those guys before losing Kanter. I think you need to move on from thinking this guy is an option. He's as possible as Jimmy Butler. Go ahead and offer a max deal, its getting matched.

Exactly right. If Kanter plays like this then OKC will keep him. If he doesn't then we should not overpay for him.

Selling Westbrook now would be a smart move and selling at peak.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/2/2015  2:31 PM
man if only Sump would have had his hot streak late instead of early some team would have maxed him out for a 20+ game run.
BRIGGS
4/3/2015  10:53 PM
I've got Mike Green as a believer. This guy has so much potential its scary. From continually watching him you can also see his 2 way possibilities. There is no doubt he can play a good brand of d with continued skill work as he has the athletiscm and work ethic. He runs the floor hard every play he's powerful agile
RIP Crushalot😞
Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy