[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/25/2015  3:54 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Why would someone need to watch a player 90 times to figure something out?

Because they want to see if said player can produce consistently against different matchups, different lineups, different circumstances, to measure out his strengths and weaknesses over time?

So they ( they as in NBA scouts and GMs and analysts) don't make a reactionary decision regarding their personnel?

that sounds about right. lol

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Member: #3189

3/25/2015  3:55 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Why would someone need to watch a player 90 times to figure something out?

Because they want to see if said player can produce consistently against different matchups, different lineups, different circumstances, to measure out his strengths and weaknesses over time?

So they ( they as in NBA scouts and GMs and analysts) don't make a reactionary decision regarding their personnel?

why the knicks attend every kentucky game and not just watch one on TV

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2015  5:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Kanter is still dragging their defense down and that is the only issue with him when you talk about maxing him out. If he doesn't play great offensively for 82 games he will hurt you. if he was >$10m you take that chance but he will make more than that.

Im sure you know 1 attainable player thats even close to Kanter right now:)

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/29/2015  11:36 AM
Ha, after Kanter threw the entire jazz org under a bus and admitted not even liking playing basketball his entire nba career, the jazz promptly whooped OKC:

Trevor Booker:

"He can say what he wants...we know we have a great organization. He got his stats...and as always, he got the L, too."

Maybe an indication of some character issues.

BRIGGS
3/29/2015  11:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, after Kanter threw the entire jazz org under a bus and admitted not even liking playing basketball his entire nba career, the jazz promptly whooped OKC:

Trevor Booker:

"He can say what he wants...we know we have a great organization. He got his stats...and as always, he got the L, too."

I'll hold my voice but if we do get towns I'm pounding the table for Kanter as hard as hell

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Member: #1069

3/29/2015  2:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2015  2:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ha, after Kanter threw the entire jazz org under a bus and admitted not even liking playing basketball his entire nba career, the jazz promptly whooped OKC:

Trevor Booker:

I'll hold my voice but if we do get towns I'm pounding the table for Kanter as hard as hell

I feel ya on Kanter--dude would fit like a glove next to Towns--I just think it's gonna be hard though -- we're talking about a premium tier 1 RFA that was traded for and a guy that's played extremely well for his new team (even in their losses). I'd offer Kanter a top contract as early as possible in FA, preparing myself for rejection when OKC matches. I'd then quickly turn to a few of the tier 2/UFA types: If we're lucky enough to get Towns, go get me Alexis Ajinca (underrated post/mid range scorer w/o breaking the bank), Lavoy Allen (underrated post/mid-range scorer/rebounder who shouldn't be expensive), Gerald Green (I'd love Khris Middleton but same deal as Kanter I fear--Green's a nice alternative at 6'8"), and Cory Joseph (underrated young 6'3" PG--by not signing any max players, we should be able to throw enough money at this kid to give SA pause). Sign Jordan Bachynski, Khem Birch and Eric Griffin. Bring up/sign Thanasis Antetokounmpo and resign Alexey Shved.

5 - Ajinca
4/5 - Towns
3 - Melo
2 - Green
1 - Joseph
-------------------------
5 - Bachynski
4/5 - Allen
3 - Griffin
2 - Ledo
1/2 - Shved
5 - Cole Aldrich
4 - Birch
3 - Early
2/3 - T. Antetokounmpo*
1 - Galloway unless a better option presents itself (I might actually prefer Shane Larkin here for his speed, penetration and ability to change the pace). If we elect to keep LG, he needs to work on PG skills and nothing but during the off-season, specifically keeping/retaining his dribble**

* Assuming THJ's traded.
** Assuming Calderon's stretched or retires.

Just trying to keep it realistic -- if we drafted Towns, I could see something like this.

BRIGGS
3/29/2015  2:08 PM
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Trevor Booker:

I feel ya on Kanter--dude would fit like a glove next to Towns--I just think it's gonna be hard though -- we're talking about a premium tier 1 RFA that was traded for and a guy that's played extremely well for his new team (even in their losses). I'd offer Kanter a top contract as early as possible in FA, preparing myself for rejection when OKC matches. I'd then quickly turn to a few of the tier 2/UFA types: If we're lucky enough to get Towns, go get me Alexis Ajinca (underrated post/mid range scorer w/o breaking the bank), Lavoy Allen (underrated post/mid-range scorer/rebounder who shouldn't be expensive), Gerald Green (I'd love Khris Middleton but same deal as Kanter I fear--Green's a nice alternative at 6'8"), and Cory Joseph (underrated young 6'3" PG--by not signing any max players, we should be able to throw enough money at this kid to give SA pause). Sign Jordan Bachynski, Khem Birch and Eric Griffin. Bring up/sign Thanasis Antetokounmpo and resign Alexey Shved.

5 - Ajinca
4/5 - Towns
3 - Melo
2 - Green
1 - Joseph
5 - Bachynski
4/5 - Allen
3 - Griffin
2 - Ledo
1/2 - Shved
5 - Cole Aldrich
4 - Birch
3 - Early
2/3 - T. Antetokounmpo*
1 - Galloway unless a better option presents itself (LG needs to work on PG skills and nothing but during the off-season, specifically keeping/retaining his dribble)**

* Assuming THJ's traded.

Just trying to keep it realistic -- if we drafted Towns, I could see something like this.

Kanter is where I aoidl go. He's physically put together at 6-11 260. 22 years old unlike Monroe he can hit the 16 foot jump shot he has shown he will be a ball mover and I think he has good upside as a defender. He's a guy who has upside to score 22-24 points a game with 10-12 rebounds 3 assists and 1.5 blocks 50%+

RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
3/29/2015  2:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Trevor Booker:

really? I feel it would be more safe going for Ajinica to go with Towns as both could spread the floor and are young with great upside
Both are long, mobile, agile, and can score inside/out, with high potential on DEFENSE

Kanter is a good scoring Center but we do not have a Westbrook like player to draw the attention away from him and a BIG like Steven Adams/Ibaka to compliment his weakness
He is the complete opposite of Tyson Chandler while I feel we need 2 way players and not add more weakness's to any positions that would finish the game, especially if CA is in our plans moving forward

I guess it comes down to price and if CA still has trade value and even wants to stay in NYK if we are heading toward the yougth/development/rebuilding roster
We will know by the end of the summer, if we will be building a team that will put the financial commiments in order to compete, or continue to add/build for our future with the rise of the cap in 2017
I know CA has a NO trade clause but both Phil Jackson and CA didn't envision the season to go down like this and I just do not see any TOP tier talents choosing NYK over another team for the same price

I expect SVG to go after Draymond Green or/and Ajinica for a HUGE contract, mimicking a philosophy similar to Orlando with Drummond/a young D12 and looking to trade Monroe or let him walk...
Reggie Jackson has been putting up triple doubles again but I do not think he is a max player despite the numbers he is putting up

RonRon
3/29/2015  2:24 PM
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Trevor Booker:

5 - Ajinca
4/5 - Towns
3 - Melo
2 - Green
1 - Joseph
5 - Bachynski
4/5 - Allen
3 - Griffin
2 - Ledo
1/2 - Shved
5 - Cole Aldrich
4 - Birch
3 - Early
2/3 - T. Antetokounmpo*
1 - Galloway unless a better option presents itself (I might actually prefer Shane Larkin here for his speed, penetration and ability to change the pace). If we elect to keep LG, he needs to work on PG skills and nothing but during the off-season, specifically keeping/retaining his dribble**

* Assuming THJ's traded.

IF Towns and Ajinica are our staring PF/C, it would be a waste if we did not get players that could fully use their ability to space the floor and penetrate effeciently/effectively
And for Green, I like him as well, that is why I would offer Kawaii Leanard a MAX contract day 1 of free agency to put pressure on The Spur's to grab contracts in 3 days
It comes down to price I guess, I would love it if we could get Draymond Green and Danny Green together, their HIGH IQ, multiple skill sets, defensive abilities would really change the identity of our starting lineup

If we could somehow get

Ajinicia
Draymond Green
Danny Green

with Towns, I would really like our ability to improve by 2017...

mreinman

3/29/2015  2:30 PM
RonRon wrote:
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Trevor Booker:

5 - Ajinca
4/5 - Towns
3 - Melo
2 - Green
1 - Joseph
5 - Bachynski
4/5 - Allen
3 - Griffin
2 - Ledo
1/2 - Shved
5 - Cole Aldrich
4 - Birch
3 - Early
2/3 - T. Antetokounmpo*

* Assuming THJ's traded.

IF Towns and Ajinica are our staring PF/C, it would be a waste if we did not get players that could fully use their ability to space the floor and penetrate effeciently/effectively
And for Green, I like him as well, that is why I would offer Kawaii Leanard a MAX contract day 1 of free agency to put pressure on The Spur's to grab contracts in 3 days
It comes down to price I guess, I would love it if we could get Draymond Green and Danny Green together, their HIGH IQ, multiple skill sets, defensive abilities would really change the identity of our starting lineup

If we could somehow get

Ajinicia
Draymond Green
Danny Green

with Towns, I would really like our ability to improve by 2017...

That would be a dream lineup and playoff ready.

FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/29/2015  2:43 PM
He's immature... He's a bonehead... He's playing for a big payday and that's all... He is so transparent...
Finestrg
Member: #1069

3/29/2015  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2015  4:18 PM
FistOfOakley wrote:He's immature... He's a bonehead... He's playing for a big payday and that's all... He is so transparent...

Really? How well do you know him to determine that?!?

What he is to me, potentially at least, is an even better version of Rony Seikaly who was a VERY GOOD NBA big man himself back in the late 80s/early-mid 90s. Kanter's a DAMN GOOD player and he's only 22 -- problem is he's no longer a realistic target for us. How the hell does OKC let this guy walk out the door after surrendering Reggie Jackson and a future 1st round pick to get him? They won't, esp. with Durant's injury setback.. Not like they got raped in that trade--they made a very good trade. Gotta keep him now though otherwise the trade's a bust. At the very least, they may be open to a S&T with someone but they'll expect ample assets back in return and rightly so. We have nothing to give anyone. Ugatz! I'd bet anything that they're prepared to match ANY offer, even a max offer. Wouldn't stop me from making an offer--let's test OKC--but I wouldn't expect to get him. Brandon Knight in PHX, same deal. Even Khris Middleton--he wasn't traded but he's also a RFA and I can't picture the Bucks letting him walk out the door for nothing either. You gotta figure these teams will match a max offer, esp. OKC and PHX who surrendered assets to get their players...That's what the league wants -- they don't wanna see Shaquille O'Neal leaving the Magic for the Lakers, that's why they changed the rule and added "restricted" free agency. There's always a chance and you can't say never, but these aren't guys I can pencil in hypothetically and say, "OK, pencil in Enes Kanter at the 5. Check. Next." It's just not realistic anymore. Forces me as a Knick fan to look at the secondary FA choices: Alexis Ajinca, Cory Joseph, etc., and consider how they'd work next to whoever we draft. I just hope for our sake Phil and co. have their FA board and are prepared to go in different directions and consider all available players, even juggling the idea of signing multiple FAs at once. That's what it's gonna take -- patience, aggressiveness and the willingness to multi-task and keep tabs on multiple players all at once. And that's not even factoring in the draft which we desperately need to get right...Phil's got his work cut out for him, no question. I hope he's up for the challenge..

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/29/2015  4:32 PM
Finestrg wrote:
FistOfOakley wrote:He's immature... He's a bonehead... He's playing for a big payday and that's all... He is so transparent...

Really? How well do you know him to determine that?!?

Maybe selfish style of play?

Maybe demanding a trade midseason?

Maybe throwing his old team under the bus in the press when he could have taken the high road (if there was a high road to take)?

His actions don't exactly scream high character.

He sounds like a guy, who in tough times, doesn't appear to be a stabilizing force or a true leader, but a locker room lawyer and someone who will throw fuel on already hot fire. Given NY's rabid and vicious media, do you think Kanter's lack of restraint would eventually hurt or help the Knicks?

Tyrion: Do you think dipping his wick ( i.e. having sex) will cure what ails him (i.e. King Joffrey and his nasty/cruel disposition)?
Bronn: There's no cure for being a ****. Game of Thrones S02E04

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/29/2015  4:57 PM
The kid isn't even 23 yet(25 in Phil Jackson years). He should have taken the high road but he has been playing well and felt the need to talk. Not the best decision on his par but nothing that says he is a player to stay away from.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
RonRon
3/29/2015  6:33 PM
he has done everything in order to "fit in" in Utah
Utah already was invested in Favors but Kanter just maybe the better OFFENSE talent

Since the trade he has been able to play off of Westbrook at make the most of it
Sometimes changes are for the better, looking at our roster, Reggie Jackson, and sometimes it isn't like MCW and Rajon Rhondo

FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/29/2015  8:28 PM
He couldn't get minutes in Utah because he kept fouling..... So in order to stay on the court he gives up easy buckets... He literally sidesteps any confrontations at the rim... He demanded a trade when gobert was coming on and losing minutes..

There is nothing about him that says he actually wants to win... He tore into Utah... The city... The players.... The organization... He is rephrensible...

BRIGGS
3/29/2015  9:26 PM

I think it's more like he is 22 years old./ He's a pretty darn good NBA player for 22. Hes very powerfully built--I mean built to last. He hasnt even scratched the surface and you can see him as a 22-12-3-1.5 player in his prime.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/30/2015  7:05 AM

Yeah, he's only played like a max contract player for about 20 games. It's too much of a risk.
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/30/2015  10:20 AM

this guy comes off as a dick
The Future is Bright!
mreinman

3/30/2015  12:25 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Yeah, he's only played like a max contract player for about 20 games. It's too much of a risk.

who cares ... if you have a good eye you can judge a player after 20 minutes of play.

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy