[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/11/2015  6:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2015  6:40 PM
callmened wrote:Can he learn defense? Sure he's still young. Do we have the defense to hide him? No. Or at least not yet

He just strikes me as a talent that would flourish in the right environment. Just not sure we have the right environment

Actually we have no environment. If I can start with two guys who can give me 25 points--one guy who can rebound the ball--then I can work at other positions. I think Kanter can bully teams in the east from the 4. We cant score points we need a guy we can throw the ball into and can get two. The nice part is hye can step out and aslo hit the 18 footer and hes an 80% FT shooter. Its MUCH easier to work with that then buying a Jason Smith for cheap and hoping he plays well. Kanter is a lock for 20-25 points 10-12 rebounds and 55% every night. In this case if they want to trade down and get a Stein if they are not 1--then we can do that. There are things we can do. This guy is an all star offensive player and rebounder. If he was playing with Ibaka at C and Durant at 3 BANG theres OKC's low post scorer they never had. Here it is--if we DO NOT do something like this--we will continually be behind in talent. HIGHER end talent wins--figure out the role players later. Im not 100% on Kanter but how can he not be high on the list. Who else we acquiring? Spend 8mm on 11 point Danny Green who feeds of the SA system> disaster signing in the making.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
4/11/2015  6:51 PM

Here is a Kanter defensive compilation. Other than 1 bad play against Griffin---Kanter to me holds his own throughout the video against both C and PF's. Judge for yourself.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/14/2015  9:26 AM
lantern with another 27-13 last night. He'd be perfect here. He's a great offensive rebounder he can score all over the floor and if we had a cadre of secondary bigs like smith admins son Aldrich lantern would fit in real nice. Then maybe we just take heron ha as a great shooter slasher
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2015  10:00 AM
Kanter is playing like a guy who really really really wants to get paid. The timing of his breakout is noteworthy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Finestrg
Member: #1069

4/14/2015  10:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2015  11:51 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Here is a Kanter defensive compilation. Other than 1 bad play against Griffin---Kanter to me holds his own throughout the video against both C and PF's. Judge for yourself.

Thanks for posting. Weird video, huh? Usually people create a video to illustrate a particular point, one way or another -- as in, he's either good defensively or bad defensively...This is one of those rare videos that comes off neutral. That's OK--I like that it's not heavily opinionated one way or another. It give the best feel for what to expect...I completely agree that he holds his own throughout. Here's what I saw: 100% willing defender, digs in on his man well, keeps his hands up, never loses sight of his man, shows decent lateral quickness for someone that big once his man makes his move, shows a willingness to bang and hold his ground (more than enough strength to guard the post) and he shows a decent amount of quickness & effort closing out on guys/challenging shots. I see a rather nice defensive acumen out there. 2 plays against Blake Griffin shown: the first one was a monster travel on Blake about halfway through that had me laughing my ass off it was so blatant; then a 2nd play toward the end he played excellent defense on Blake--Griffin just made a tough/contested shot...This 'Kanter can't play any defense' stuff is so overblown it's not even funny.. Not one play did I see him not engaged on defense. He offered up a good amount of resistance on every play shown. The bottom line is this man is at least an adequate defender AND a young DYNAMO on the offensive end. Plus rebounder too. There are other bigs like Monroe and Ajinca that we might have to consider, but this guy is clearly a step up from those guys.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/14/2015  10:18 AM
I really have no idea if I would be okay with Kanter here or not... It sounds like he wants to get paid. But then again I thought the same thing about Boogie Cousins. Calipari gets the best big men to play for him. So I don't know if I'm for or against the signing. Kind of depends on the day.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
4/14/2015  10:44 AM
fishmike wrote:Kanter is playing like a guy who really really really wants to get paid. The timing of his breakout is noteworthy.

I have watched kanter intensively. Many games since trade did not see him much before that only when they played Knicks. He plays hard he's no where near as bad on d as made out not a shot blocker but he's an effort guy best offensive rebounder in nba. The other day they spread the floor and kanter took 10 16-18 footers while Westbrook drove in and he hit 5 of those. He's got great offensive diversity and what I can see he does is listen to the coach. This guy is a guy who can change fortunes for the Knicks in coordination with the other guys. He's way way better than monroe

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Member: #4234

4/14/2015  11:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2015  11:25 AM
everyone (podcasts, articles, fans, forums and stats) that ive researched say hes HORRIBLE HORRIBLE on defense (especially help side defense and effort since he lets anyone get in post position). ive posted references to that here and i can post the (OKC and utah) podcasts here too if people are interested. the general consensus in okc is that hes a talented offensive player (postups and shooting) but that his defense negates his productivity. ibaka is vital to keeping him around because he covers up his weaknesses. now from what ive personally seen of him over the yrs (i watch ALOT of nba games on nba legue pass) is the same. nice offensive player who dogs it on defense. so thats my opinion based on what ive seen with him at okc and utah. i wouldnt mind him here on the knicks as long as hes surrounded with smart intelligent defensive players who could be role models for him to push himself. fortunately the knicks have alot of those.

BRIGGS and i disagree on our opinions of him. but at least readers can see both sides. i think we both agree that hes a very talented offensive player (more than monroe) but we differ because i think hes absolutely clueless on defense and BRIGGS thinks hes not that bad on D

PS i think this is all a moot point anyways because OKC just might keep him

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
4/14/2015  11:38 AM
Last night while Greg Monroe was playing in the 15 th straight loss for the Pistons putting up 7 points nada 3 rebounds kanter helped keep Plc in the playoff hunt with 27-13. I thought even more impressive was kanter a last game where Scottie brooks tried a new look with kanter just outside making multiple 18 footers.
RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/14/2015  11:56 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Last night while Greg Monroe was playing in the 15 th straight loss for the Pistons putting up 7 points nada 3 rebounds kanter helped keep Plc in the playoff hunt with 27-13. I thought even more impressive was kanter a last game where Scottie brooks tried a new look with kanter just outside making multiple 18 footers.

I am not really a Greg Monroe fan... I think he's soft. But then again I thought Pau was soft and that worked all right for Phil.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2015  12:09 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Last night while Greg Monroe was playing in the 15 th straight loss for the Pistons putting up 7 points nada 3 rebounds kanter helped keep Plc in the playoff hunt with 27-13. I thought even more impressive was kanter a last game where Scottie brooks tried a new look with kanter just outside making multiple 18 footers.

I am not really a Greg Monroe fan... I think he's soft. But then again I thought Pau was soft and that worked all right for Phil.

Detroit is just playing out the string. Monroe is human. He's just going through the motions. Im not his biggest fan, I do like him but this isnt the best time to evaluate that. He is what he is
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/14/2015  12:56 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Detroit is just playing out the string. Monroe is human. He's just going through the motions. Im not his biggest fan, I do like him but this isnt the best time to evaluate that. He is what he is

Monroe on detroit is important but kanter on utah was not?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BRIGGS
4/14/2015  1:22 PM
Why lantern works

A. He's a top 3 offensive rebounder in the nba with such a high emphasis on 3 ot shooting. Rebounding becomes much more prevalent

B. Scoring a team that has a guy who can score 25 points in and out At 55% is rare.

C he plays and runs the floor hard. If you're a willing worker you can be a good defender at 6-11 260 hes a bully in the east underneath with touch

D big man who shoots 80% from the ft line

E can hit the mid and deep shots

F. Watching him he can be a savvy willing passer

G he's 22 still a baby younger than many draft picks

Hes just going to get better and better and as his defense moves up will become one of the more valuable players in this league.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/14/2015  2:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Why lantern works

A. He's a top 3 offensive rebounder in the nba with such a high emphasis on 3 ot shooting. Rebounding becomes much more prevalent

B. Scoring a team that has a guy who can score 25 points in and out At 55% is rare.

C he plays and runs the floor hard. If you're a willing worker you can be a good defender at 6-11 260 hes a bully in the east underneath with touch

D big man who shoots 80% from the ft line

E can hit the mid and deep shots

F. Watching him he can be a savvy willing passer

G he's 22 still a baby younger than many draft picks

Hes just going to get better and better and as his defense moves up will become one of the more valuable players in this league.

agreed. if he ever improves his defense from awful to mediocre he will be an all star for years to come. extremely talented but still learning (the game and to grow up)

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
4/15/2015  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2015  10:49 PM
Kanter finished off 25-15-2-1

Well I can only give my personal opinion but I'd sit down and think what this guy demonstrated in okc This guy is a 22-25/12-13/2-3 55% player if Boston gets him well be done for 7-8 years in the east

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/15/2015  11:12 PM
excellent numbers and offensive game. that should never be questioned. its his defense that the concern. he will get paid this summer and most likely overpaid for his numbers
BRIGGS
4/15/2015  11:22 PM
callmened wrote:excellent numbers and offensive game. that should never be questioned. its his defense that the concern. he will get paid this summer and most likely overpaid for his numbers

Whoever gets him is getting a top 3 pf

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened

4/15/2015  11:48 PM
thats how sad this free agent class is. lol

PS BRIGGS were obviously both stubborn. so we can keep going back and forth with this. lol. whats ironic is that im a fan of kanter; thats why i watch him so much. regardless it will be interesting to see where he ends up

BRIGGS
4/16/2015  2:28 AM
There is NO other mobile 4 available who can play inside out who can do 25-15like enes. None not close. Enes is the only 7 footer who can lead the nba in rebounding and score over 20 points in high % way other than k love who couldn't avg 55% in anyway possible. Enes is unique with his rebounding abilities in a league that caters to a high miss rate with the high 3 pt usage rate.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/16/2015  2:51 AM
More interesting numbers

In the last 26 games with okc he was #1overll in rebounds per minute played #1in offensive rebounds and #3defensively

He ranked#2 in ft frequency from the 4spot and made them at 80%

He took 4 three pt shots and hit 3 of them

He had more assist in 26 games with okc than he did with Utah he had 4 or more assists Ina game 3 times

RIP Crushalot😞
Enes Kanter is becoming my number 1 free agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy