[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Just wondering
Author Thread
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/29/2004  9:52 PM
If he's only got a year left, i'd take him for the same reason i'd take toine, despite them being bodies in front of sweetney and his development i think its realistic to move deke, othella and kurt for either, thus opening up two roster spots for young bucks. I'm frankly more interested in who we're moving than who we're getting. If we can get Crawford, and open up a few roster spots, I'd condider it a succesful off season. rome wasn't built in a day and we're not gonna be a good team for at least a couple of seasons. (my definition of good = 50 wins, no more choking in last ten seconds, interesting to watch and making it to at least game 7 of the second round of the playoffs)

What can you tell me about USA archers?
AUTOADVERT
Chico
6/29/2004  9:55 PM
let me qualify my statement, i'm more interested in who we're moving than who we're getting provided its a 3 for 1 trade. i believe we need roster openings more than any one particular position (all right we need an athletic big man, but i'd argue we need to clear roster space more- you can't sign an athletic big man if you have no space on the roster for him)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2004  10:09 PM
Chico, you should change the title of all your threads to "why I know everything, and why you all are only here to me make me look smart"

Man.. your a really great poster. Thanks for opening my eyes and inspiring great discussion.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chico
6/29/2004  10:55 PM
Dude, "your" is a possesive, as in "your brain is bigger than mine, Chico." i imagine you meant to use the contraction "you're" which is short for you are...but after reading your posts over the past few months, you've given me no reason to assume you have any command of the english language or the ability to use it. When you insult someone's intelligence, at least don't make grammatical mistakes that start getting corrected in second grade. It really hurts your argument.
fishmike
USA
6/30/2004  10:09 AM
lol.. my point exactly. It must be lonely at the top.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2004  10:10 AM
Posted by Chico:

If he's only got a year left, i'd take him for the same reason i'd take toine, despite them being bodies in front of sweetney and his development i think its realistic to move deke, othella and kurt for either, thus opening up two roster spots for young bucks. I'm frankly more interested in who we're moving than who we're getting. If we can get Crawford, and open up a few roster spots, I'd condider it a succesful off season. rome wasn't built in a day and we're not gonna be a good team for at least a couple of seasons. (my definition of good = 50 wins, no more choking in last ten seconds, interesting to watch and making it to at least game 7 of the second round of the playoffs)

What can you tell me about USA archers?

Thats it? Need I make more grammatical errors to insight a worthy retort?

I don't know the first thing about archers, but they don't have shoe deals, and they don't make a whole lot of money. Those are the real patriotic olympians.

What happened at Indy with George Karl was the self centered bloated ego professional team imploding under its own weight. Notice Paul Pierce was not even asked back?

Larry Brown will right the ship and still win a gold metal with good team ball. If there is murder, I am not thinking "we lose a player", but the games are tainted as a political statement and not the "world coming together to play sports in peace". That is what the olympics are about. Shame of you to think of Stephs death as a loss to the knicks as the loss of a family member. His death is just as tragic as any servicemen who put his life on the line. MSG with 19500 spectators makes for a nice terrorist target also. Chica, it is all messed up, and yeah we all thinking about it, but lets collectively stick our heads up our asses and just talk hoop dude.

Your not entirely wrong, just out of place.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/30/2004  12:54 PM
Posted by Chico:

Dude, "your" is a possesive, as in "your brain is bigger than mine, Chico." i imagine you meant to use the contraction "you're" which is short for you are...but after reading your posts over the past few months, you've given me no reason to assume you have any command of the english language or the ability to use it. When you insult someone's intelligence, at least don't make grammatical mistakes that start getting corrected in second grade. It really hurts your argument.

""English" should be capitalized.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
6/30/2004  1:26 PM
TMS.. thank you for doing the 10 seconds of research it takes to make a worthwhile post. I know Chica hates nothing more than when people dont do their legwork.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/30/2004  1:41 PM
to quote the greatest entertainer of our generation, justin timberlake, "where is the love?"
flyingvee
Member: #405
6/30/2004  2:32 PM
It's ok to voice a concern, but in this case you should seek out the facts before you speak. They are spending 4 times the money for security in Athens than they did in 2000 in Sydney. The will have NATO patrolling along with Israeli special forces in addition to the massive security force in place. What happened in 72 in Munich was a tragedy and a wake up call. The Olympics were always a spiritual gathering where nations would stop their wars and go compete and celebrate. Obviously terrorists don't abide by this world spirit as shown by their barbaric actions (beheading prisoners).

Other than the putdown of Athens, which I can deal with as an adult, the one thing that really irks me about these statements is placing the loss of Marbury as a bigger tragedy. Yes of course, such a loss would be devasting anyway, but in what way? The loss of a player or revunue, OR the loss of a LIFE? Does that mean the life od Marbury is more important than the life of some cute pixie gymnanst thats been working her whole life to go to the Olympics? All these athletes have devoted their life to go to the games and represent their country, and Marbury himself has said what an honor it is for him to represent the US, and for that I salute him. Unlike the other un-named pussies in the league that are either afraid or too lazy to do so. Most other countries, an invite to the national team means a mandatory appearance or risking suspension. True we have the freedom here, but in retrospect, I guess it's ok for the kid down to street to volunteer and go get himself blown to bits in Iraq for his country for peanuts, while a spoiled overpaid superstar can't find it in him to go play some "supervised street-ball" with other all-stars for his country. And thats what it would have been to have Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac, KG, Duncan and others together. Right now, who the hell is the center on this team other than Duncan? Even Ben Wallace who sayed he'd play backed out now. Serbia is going to be looking to pound us on the boards, the guys will really have to give an all-out effort. So to Marbury and Iverson and Duncan, thanks for going. To the others, thanks nothing. By the way, I will be at the games working as a tech for NBC and I like my odds there better than walking in Manhattan, more likely to get shot in NY than get hit in Athens. Peace
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/30/2004  2:40 PM
well said flyingvee...funny, i covered alot of the same points, but you made it sound so much more believable...i wonder if Chico will call you a mindless sheep chewing on his cud too after that post?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2004  9:49 AM
Flyvee,

you expanded my concept and was well done. Good job, and thanks for sharing an inside perspective.

looks like chico/Playa done ran and hid.

raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/1/2004  10:17 AM
Posted by flyingvee:

It's ok to voice a concern, but in this case you should seek out the facts before you speak. They are spending 4 times the money for security in Athens than they did in 2000 in Sydney. The will have NATO patrolling along with Israeli special forces in addition to the massive security force in place. What happened in 72 in Munich was a tragedy and a wake up call. The Olympics were always a spiritual gathering where nations would stop their wars and go compete and celebrate. Obviously terrorists don't abide by this world spirit as shown by their barbaric actions (beheading prisoners).

Other than the putdown of Athens, which I can deal with as an adult, the one thing that really irks me about these statements is placing the loss of Marbury as a bigger tragedy. Yes of course, such a loss would be devasting anyway, but in what way? The loss of a player or revunue, OR the loss of a LIFE? Does that mean the life od Marbury is more important than the life of some cute pixie gymnanst thats been working her whole life to go to the Olympics? All these athletes have devoted their life to go to the games and represent their country, and Marbury himself has said what an honor it is for him to represent the US, and for that I salute him. Unlike the other un-named pussies in the league that are either afraid or too lazy to do so. Most other countries, an invite to the national team means a mandatory appearance or risking suspension. True we have the freedom here, but in retrospect, I guess it's ok for the kid down to street to volunteer and go get himself blown to bits in Iraq for his country for peanuts, while a spoiled overpaid superstar can't find it in him to go play some "supervised street-ball" with other all-stars for his country. And thats what it would have been to have Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac, KG, Duncan and others together. Right now, who the hell is the center on this team other than Duncan? Even Ben Wallace who sayed he'd play backed out now. Serbia is going to be looking to pound us on the boards, the guys will really have to give an all-out effort. So to Marbury and Iverson and Duncan, thanks for going. To the others, thanks nothing. By the way, I will be at the games working as a tech for NBC and I like my odds there better than walking in Manhattan, more likely to get shot in NY than get hit in Athens. Peace

great great post. thx.
Just wondering

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy