[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what if dallas can't trade for shaq?
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
6/28/2004  6:10 PM
They are then stuck with Stack, Finley and Walker. Both Stack and Finley are SG's, and Walker is really a PF. They don't like Walker at all as he is a waste in there lineup. Having Stack or Finley on the bench is silly when you have Howard and Daniels. They still need a defensive big. They need a true SF to either start or come of the bench to at least be able to play a traditional lineup when it is beneficial.

So how about this trade:

Walker and Finley to NY for KT, TT, Deke, Trybanski, and OH, it work in realgm.

Dallas gets Thomas who they want for defense, they get rid of Walker. They get a SF and get rid of one of there SG's, and they have soured on Finley recently as well. They also OH Deke who are nice hussle bigs to provide some toughness of the bench for them. They then sine lets say Blount or Dampier to the MLE.

Now Dallas has a lineup of:
C Blount/Deke/Podkolzine/Bradley
PF KT/OH/Najera
SF Dirk/TT/Howard
SG Stack/Howard/Daniels
PG Nash/Daniels/Harris
They still have a ton of scoring, but also some much imroved D.

Lets say we sine and trade Mohammed for Dampier cause we become contedners with that trade and he wants to come. We also sine Doleac with the LLE.
C Dampier/Doleac
PF Walker/Sweetney
SF Penny/Houston/Demarr/Ariza
SG Finley/Houston/Demarr
PG Marbury/FW/Barret
IL Anderson, Mooch, Lamizina
We are much better defensively too, and we have a ton of scoring as well. As far as I can see this trade makes both teams better. Penny and Finely are like day and night compared to TT and Houston on D.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/28/2004  6:29 PM
Not a bad deal at all but I wouldn't do that trade in the end just because I'm not too crazy about bringing Finley in at the expense of TT. Finley wouldn't really serve any purpose if Houston is healthy because I would definitely start Allan over Mike. Plus, having Penny in the starting lineup just scares me because of his past injuries. Penny has always been on of my favorite players and I still think he can be a decent starter but if he gets injured your screwed. I would try to do a different deal going after Antonie Walker alone.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/28/2004  6:58 PM
They'll have no problem moving walker. he's an ending contract and a scoring machine. for all his faults, his value outweighs the negatives. i don't think there's even the slightest chance he'll be on the mav's roster come training camp. while the draft was a bore, this offseason will be the nba equivalent of supercontinent pangea breaking up and creating the seven contintinets that make up our earth.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/28/2004  7:00 PM
Finley is 6-7 225 and would start at SF here with Houston at SG if we were somehow able to get him. Finley is better than TT in every way...better scorer, rebounder, defender and distributor.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/28/2004  7:24 PM
Finley is better than TT in every way...better scorer, rebounder, defender and distributor.

that would pretty much rule out any reason for Dallas to make that trade, wouldn't you think? we all know Walker's a much better player than KT as it is...unless you were giving up Sweetney in the package, i really don't see why Dallas would be motivated to even consider that package, especially when they have Josh Howard who's a very talented young swingman in his own right.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/28/2004  7:49 PM
I never said Dallas would take it. The only reason they would take it is money...Finley is 30 or 31 and is owed 65+ million for the next 4 years. Of course Dallas is one of the few teams willing to spend nearly as much as us, so the point of them saving money is moot.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/28/2004  8:28 PM
Great trade for the Knicks; awful trade for the Mavs
what if dallas can't trade for shaq?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy