what da fudge is atlanta doing?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/28/2004  3:42 PM
they have now drafted 4 wings with high picks in the last two years

diaw childress smith smith

they are likely not even trying to get their best player back who was young in Jackson because he plays the same position--they have 0 size NO PF no C and probably made the biggest reach in the draft by selecting ivey at 37--they couldve got him as an undrafted rookie and taken some size somehere - i really dont know who will be worse atlanta[who will be worse than last year] or charlotte. the NBA should put Atlanta on some kind of probation of threatning of expulsion.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/28/2004  3:52 PM
Atlanta will be worse than Charlotte this year. That team is completely directionless. At least Charlotte has some semblence of a plan. Atlanta's got Jason Terry, but even he might be moved and he seems to have peaked.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/28/2004  4:10 PM
they're getting Kobe, don't forget.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/28/2004  4:10 PM
Its the Donald Sterling plan for making $$$ and sellling jerseys. you get a bunch of fast running dunking kids like Odom, Miles, Richardson and Maggette and you have a team that gets a log of highlights and no wins, but your payroll is $30mm so your making cash and happy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/28/2004  4:24 PM
This is why its silly when you say we have zero zilcho chance of getting guys like Crawford or Swift. The amount of retardation around the league is unreal. Your talking about Atlanta right now... How do you think Bulls fans feel about trading Artest, Brad Miller and Mercer for Jalen Rose?

Isiah is smart and a big part of me hopes he does nothing so we can fleece some team at the trade deadline thats desperate for $6 mill in savings or cap (crap) space.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/28/2004  5:33 PM
I have said it in years past, compared to some of those teams, even Laydog is not as bad when compared.

The ability to spend foolishly is better than no abilty to spend at all.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
6/28/2004  5:45 PM
I dunno about that, at least they can always come to there senses and start doing the right thing. When you spend on crap you are stuck with it for years and there is virtually nothing that you can do unless you get lucky like we did with Marbury.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/28/2004  6:09 PM
Posted by fishmike:

This is why its silly when you say we have zero zilcho chance of getting guys like Crawford or Swift. The amount of retardation around the league is unreal. Your talking about Atlanta right now... How do you think Bulls fans feel about trading Artest, Brad Miller and Mercer for Jalen Rose?
Don't forget trading Elton Brand for a high school kid
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/28/2004  8:58 PM
itd be nice if we could try to trade for one of those wingman if they are too overloaded. i really like childress he reminds me of a better verrsion of tayshaun prince - hes long and is a strong defender and has a shot and is athletic, and i think he would take over nicely for houston if they moved him to the 2, which his skills would fit. plus, he can be our main perimeter defender and a backcourt of him and marbury would be awesome. i dont know if atlanta would be willing to give him up (probably not if they drafted him 6) or if they were, i dont know what it would take.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Bonn1997
USA
6/28/2004  9:37 PM
Posted by nyballer:

itd be nice if we could try to trade for one of those wingman if they are too overloaded. i really like childress he reminds me of a better verrsion of tayshaun prince - hes long and is a strong defender and has a shot and is athletic, and i think he would take over nicely for houston if they moved him to the 2, which his skills would fit. plus, he can be our main perimeter defender and a backcourt of him and marbury would be awesome. i dont know if atlanta would be willing to give him up (probably not if they drafted him 6) or if they were, i dont know what it would take.

How many of these hyped up wing players will be the next Calbert Cheaney?
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/28/2004  10:24 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyballer:

How many of these hyped up wing players will be the next Calbert Cheaney?
it's possible, i'm not saying im a mindreader. but from what ive seen of him i think he could be a very good 2nd option on a team. i feel like he could step into houstons role longside marbury because of his athleticism, his length, his defense and his shot. could he be a bust? sure, it's always possible. sweetney could be a bust too, it's almost always a risk when drafting players. but from what ive seen i think childress will be very good
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/28/2004  10:42 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I have said it in years past, compared to some of those teams, even Laydog is not as bad when compared.

I agree, I live here in Atlanta and everyone here thinks that the hawks are a joke, I mean Billy knight is a jackass, he is even more of a idiot than layden, believe me, the Hawks went into the offseason dumping talent for cap space, and hoping to get Howard in the draft, they are a rudderless ship, they should have taken Jameer nelson, they should have traded Reef and ratliff for some young talent instead of hoping to sign a whole bunch of free Agents who do not want to come to a losing team, who's ownership doesn't have clue and the team has no head coach, they let Rivers and Scott get gobbled up without even making a run at either... That is why I think the knicks will do good this offseason, there is just too much incompetency in the league for zeke not to do well..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/28/2004  10:54 PM
Knicks just seem to not able to take advantage of much since we got Spree.

I don't think we got lucky with marbury, we took on Pennys huge contract. I don't know why penny gets such a big pass around here. Shandon is brutalized, and everybody wrote off Allan and wants Finely or StackWeed to replce him. Or throw 5 million at Stephan Jackson!

Im not saying getting marbury was not worth Taking on penny, but not too many teams were willing to do it. That is why some think we could have held onto Lampe.

Funny, Isiah's big signature deal was from notes left by Laydog!

Yeah, thats the ticket, Laydog will long be remembered for being the misunderstood genious! LOL!
Bonn1997
USA
6/28/2004  11:11 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Knicks just seem to not able to take advantage of much since we got Spree.

I don't think we got lucky with marbury, we took on Pennys huge contract. I don't know why penny gets such a big pass around here. Shandon is brutalized, and everybody wrote off Allan and wants Finely or StackWeed to replce him. Or throw 5 million at Stephan Jackson!

Im not saying getting marbury was not worth Taking on penny, but not too many teams were willing to do it. That is why some think we could have held onto Lampe.

Funny, Isiah's big signature deal was from notes left by Laydog!

Yeah, thats the ticket, Laydog will long be remembered for being the misunderstood genious! LOL!
Penny's a thousand times better than Shandon. And a contract with 2 seasons remaining is not an awful contract. It's one season away from being a very valuable expiring contract actually
tkf
Member: #87
6/29/2004  12:00 AM
penny with his current contract is still a bargain compared to shandon, penny is not the player he used to be but even that is 10x the player shandon is, and ever will be...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/29/2004  12:24 AM
Nalod writes the same thing in each post.
#Knickstaps
Rich
Member: #511
USA
6/29/2004  12:55 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I disagree. When you have cap room, the franchise can be turned around quickly. When you have no cap room, a team has limited options for years.

Layden is as bad as it gets.

Edit: I typed this post before I saw Big Sm00th's post.
what da fudge is atlanta doing?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy