[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Adonal Foyle?
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/29/2004  10:32 AM
I like Chris Andersen...my concern is that he is not all that big, not as established/accomplished as a shotblocker and even more raw offensively than Foyle. He's got some crazy athletic ability as evidenced by last years dunk contest, and IMO he's a chance worth taking, but is ready for more than 15 minutes per game yet? And is he gonna be more expensive than Foyle?
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
USA
6/29/2004  10:38 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Did anyone see how bad Foyle was when he was even playing last season?

Wasn't he injured/coming off of injury? That's why I figured we could get him for cheap. Still he only got 13 mins per in the games he played b/c Dampier was finally having a good season, and he still got more than a block a game. He should be fully healthy and ready to this year.
His body was breaking down last year; so therefore he should be fully healthy this year? You're right injuries contributed to his poor play last year. He was a 3 pt/4 rb player last year when he's usually a 4/5 player. He'd be a steal for the LLE, but he's not worth a dime of the MLE
His body was breaking down? I thought his injury was early in the season and he came back in January and played out the rest of the year. He's 29, its not like he's 35. He was only playing 13 minutes per after he came back, and has this entire offseason, so yes he should be heeled by now unless he has some kind of Allan Houston situation. My initial post mentioned we should target him with the LLE anyway. I'd consider him if we were splitting the MLE, but there are some targets I'd go after first. I wouldn't give him anything over 2.5 mil per.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/29/2004  10:46 AM
Posted by VDesai:

I like Chris Andersen...my concern is that he is not all that big, not as established/accomplished as a shotblocker and even more raw offensively than Foyle. He's got some crazy athletic ability as evidenced by last years dunk contest, and IMO he's a chance worth taking, but is ready for more than 15 minutes per game yet? And is he gonna be more expensive than Foyle?

i could tolerate Nazr starting at C if we had Anderson coming off the bench in that role...then you bring in Sweetney, & you have a nice second unit that brings hustle & effort to every game...i'm not sure you get that w/Foyle.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
USA
6/29/2004  10:50 AM
Another thing with Andersen is that he can play some PF and if we trade Kurt he'd be an athletic backup for Sweetney. Andersen is a projection though...I don't know if we wanna risk the full MLE on a guy like this. I would give him the 3mm per year for 3 to 4 years as someone above suggested. I'd be wary to go further...
TMS
USA
6/29/2004  11:05 AM
of course, i'd been saying all along i don't think he is worthy of a full MLE...a portion of it i am more than willing to do.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/29/2004  3:55 PM
Foyle is going to be 30 next year- and his free throw shooting makes shaq's look great.

And for the Chris Anderson fans out there- he is a hustle player- he is a Kurt Rambis, Stanislav Medvedenko, Mark Madsen type player- someone without any real skills, smart enough to listen and learn from the coaches and with an all out passion and hustle for the game that good things happen and his team mates go- wow, I better get my behind in gear.

and imho we should be out there trying to find our 'own Chris Anderson' as opposed to over paying a role player who might end up at the end of our bench in street clothes cause the minute after he signed with us he got hurt.

And I think IT is trying to do just that with his eye for bringing in local kids for summer camp and the likes of our 2nd round pick- guys with energy for the game who are going to be cheap.
TMS
USA
6/29/2004  3:59 PM
hey, if Lamizana can fill that role, i'd have no problem saving the MLE.
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/29/2004  5:02 PM
If you're going to get Andersen for 3 years and $9 million, then it's not that big of a gamble. To have a shotblocking athlete like that in our frontcourt, I'd think that's worth it.
#Knickstaps
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2004  5:07 PM
Why does anybody think Doleac will make the min $1.5m??

He made 2mm last year, and he is improved.

This guy is good for a raise. Guess 3mm.

I think Vin Baker is our starting center, Nazr back up.

Bring in Doleac if we trade KT for Crawford. Otherwise the pick and roll would work nice with RashWeed at PF. Sign and Trade with Detroit: KT for RashWeed. No StackWeed please!
TMS
USA
6/29/2004  5:22 PM
Vin Baker's a FA...you'll have to use part of the MLE on him if you want him...or the LLE at the very least.
Adonal Foyle?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy