[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Comparing Ariza
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/28/2004  11:34 AM
To other drafted College G/Fs there freshman yr in this yrs draft.

Childress: PPG/7.8, RPG/4.8

Deng: PPG/15.1, RPG/6.9, AST/1.8, STL/1.3, FG%/.475, FT%/.710, 3P%/.360

Igoudala: PPG/6.4, RPG/4.9, AST/2.1, STL/1.5, FG%/.381 FT%/.670, 3P%/.205

Jackson: PPG/7.8, RPG/4.1, AST/2.0

Snider: FG%/.377, 3PT%29.7, FT%62.5, SPG/0.7, RPG/4.6, APG/1.4, PPG/13.7

Ariza: PPG/11.6, RPG/6.5, APG/2.1, SPG/1.7, FG%/42.6, 3P%/23.7, FT%/50.4

What will hurt him is that Jackson, Snider, Childress, Igoudala stayed in school and got to play a lot and develop there games. Ariza will have to develop his game by NBA practices(I'm hoping he is good enough to get some mins in games). I don't know if that will prolong his growth, speed it up, or what. Different players work better in different situations. But I know exactly what Chad Ford was talking about when he said that Ariza is the type of guy u look for in the 2nd rd. Because he has just as much potential as some of these guys that were taken earlier. He just came out to early. If any of the other G/Fs (other than Deng) came out there freshman yr they may have not even been drafted. But in the 2nd rd the reward is great. He played against great compition at UCLA as well and went toe to toe with Agoudala when they faced Arizona holding him to 2/11 from the field. The only question is do we have the room for him to develop.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/28/2004  11:51 AM
I like how you did that.....

I puts things in perspective. Ariza may have stepped up bigger than he did if he hadn't had a collapsed lung. Geez louis I would imagine that hurts like the dickens!How did that happen anyway

In all seriousness.....I think the kid will stick. I also said that about John Wallace and Lavar Postel. I never seen the kid play but he was given the point guard reigns after recovering from a flippin collapsed lung? They say UCLA is in a the weakest conference in the NCAA since when was that the case? There is always an excuse.

With all my babble....I can see Ariza doing his thing. Isiah could very well open up 3 slots all for players he can develop a la Bender, Harrington, O'neal, and all those guys in Indiana.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/28/2004  12:16 PM
I looked at UCLA's schedule and when you factor in schools like Oregon, Oregon state, and Arizona twice, that is good competition, this kid excelled vs Good competition, and the key is that he like defense, that is a huge plus, I am sure he will stick from what I read about the kid, I can't wait until the summer leagues start..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
6/28/2004  12:23 PM
the young guys will play this yr. We need their energy and IT knows that. We need to run more and defend all over the court to eat time.

I'm looking forward to see them in the summer leagues.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/28/2004  3:35 PM
the knicks will play vets as much as possible iMHO. IF ariza even makes this roster[there is a good chance he wont unless he shows real bonafides right away because of our roster #s] he's a guy that will take time to develop. Hes a guy who needed atleast one more year of school--so its likely that if he does make the roster he will be number 15 on IR

remember the money men

C- Nazr 5mm Deke 5mm
PF Thomas 5mm Sweetney 2mm harrington 3mm
SF Thomas 13mm Andersen 7mm
SG Houston 16mm Hardaway 14mm
PG Marbury 16 mm FW 1 mm norris 4mm

thats 11 guys right there. its not likely they would sit andersen for a rookie unless andersen totally goes into the gutter.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/28/2004  4:28 PM
I think he's in the gutter now. I think that he never gets off the bench (even if Houston cant play) until he's willing to work on a buyout. Otherwise he can sit on the bench. He was so bad down the stretch it wasnt even funny.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/28/2004  6:05 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I think he's in the gutter now. I think that he never gets off the bench (even if Houston cant play) until he's willing to work on a buyout. Otherwise he can sit on the bench. He was so bad down the stretch it wasnt even funny.
Yeah, Isiah's not happy with Anderson. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent the whole season on the IR
Comparing Ariza

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy