AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/26/2004  6:37 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

what about signing S. Jackson?
He's a possibility. But I think Crawford is the only swing man diamond out there that can possibly be obtained for the MLE. Otherwise, I think the Knicks are better off going for a strong low-post defender at PF/C.
timmyTtop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #680
6/26/2004  8:26 PM
damn i wish it was july 1st already
Bonn1997
USA
6/26/2004  9:35 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:

damn i wish it was july 1st already
FAs can't be signed until mid July. GMs and players' agents can simply talk on July 1, which isn't very exciting for us fans
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/26/2004  10:25 PM
........try ricky davis for thomas + damarr
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
USA
6/26/2004  11:02 PM
Posted by Bobby:

Ricky Davis is a cancer. I'd rather have Shandon Anderson
Bobby
USA
6/27/2004  8:38 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Bobby:

when you say ricky davis is cancer, what are you referring to ?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
USA
6/27/2004  9:53 AM
I'm refering to his bad attittude, lack of team play. Did you see how much the Cavs (esp Lebron) improved the minute he was traded for far less talented players? But hey, we haven't had players who put up tripple doubles in a long time. We could really use one who will shoot at the opponent's basket try to get the ten rebounds
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/27/2004  11:21 AM

Wow.....that's all I'll say...Wow...

If Crawford is a no, I'd like to see Jackson here....maybe Manu...I don't think we need a great SG with this team, especially at this point with so many younger players with potential coming through that play that spot...I personally wouldn't mind if Houston got hurt they gave the spot to a Dermarr or Trev for a while to see how they develop...
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bobby
USA
6/27/2004  12:29 PM
Did you see how much the Cavs (esp Lebron) improved the minute he was traded for far less talented players?

initially you can expect improvements with any trade until the halo wears off. imo, the real pickup was jeff mcinnis. The week or two they lost jeff was the case for cavs not making playoffs.

But hey, we haven't had players who put up tripple doubles in a long time. We could really use one who will shoot at the opponent's basket try to get the ten rebounds.

whipdeedo! and bob sura did the same thing, I guess he’s cancer too ? just goes to show one’s misdirection in a system when standards and expectations are not defined.

I'm refering to his bad attitude, lack of team play.

When chemistry is not correct, and making room for the franchise player is not soon enough the bad attitude and lack of team play = cancer? C’mon, ricky davis offers more talent (plays sg and sf) and bang for buck than jamal can offer. If you’re saying our newly formed leadership can’t take on a refinement process and get ricky davis to ny….fine, but to say he’s cancer is not necessarily so.
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/27/2004  12:50 PM
honestly, it seems like players are usually on good behaviour here, the ones that seem to be cancers elsewhere

wait until ricky tries to misbehave here - marbury and IT will freeze him out like a deadbeat landlord... ricky's game seems custom fitted for nyc. he'd be great here with marbury, the type of baller that could be had on the low for KT... or even dikembe (expiring contract) and $3 mil cash

i agree with playa (bobby), we need to go for this guy. he's perfect. a sprewell clone in my opinion, with more height. let mark agguire and IT mentor this guy. we'd have a backcourt set for years, and not have to break the bank for anyone...
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/27/2004  1:24 PM
IF we could dump Shandon and Moochie, give em KT and take back Davis, LaFrentz and maybe Chucky Atkins, would you do it?
Bobby
USA
6/27/2004  3:06 PM
Posted by VDesai:

IF we could dump Shandon and Moochie, give em KT and take back Davis, LaFrentz and maybe Chucky Atkins, would you do it?

.....in a ny minute. will doc and danny mind losing chucky atkins?

nice trade although
Bobby
USA
6/27/2004  3:13 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

honestly, it seems like players are usually on good behaviour here, the ones that seem to be cancers elsewhere

wait until ricky tries to misbehave here - marbury and IT will freeze him out like a deadbeat landlord... ricky's game seems custom fitted for nyc. he'd be great here with marbury, the type of baller that could be had on the low for KT... or even dikembe (expiring contract) and $3 mil cash

i agree with playa (bobby), we need to go for this guy. he's perfect. a sprewell clone in my opinion, with more height. let mark agguire and IT mentor this guy. we'd have a backcourt set for years, and not have to break the bank for anyone...

i could not have said it better, excellent post, except.....
i'm not playa !
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/28/2004  10:03 AM
if you can trade Tim Thomas for say, an Erick Dampier, then i would be all in favor of signing Stephen Jackson to the MLE...but we don't need another swingman unless that happens...we need to address the frontcourt needs 1st.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/28/2004  10:15 AM
Did Stephen Jackson not play a lot at SG?

he is listed as a forward and at 6'8" would not really be a SG-

I think I'd be happy with either Crawford or Jackson- we need some kind of insurance for allan houston- we need some talent on this team that will enable Shannon Anderson to be a content 12th man-

and I don't think it would be a bad thing to have someone who can challenge Tim Thomas for playing time-
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/28/2004  10:22 AM
again, we need to address the frontcourt issues first...if you can do that via trade, then using the MLE on a Stephen Jackson would be perfectly acceptable.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
IF we can't bring in Crawford...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy