[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

jax vs. wilkens
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
6/25/2004  5:55 PM
i am sure you are going to here rumors of jackson coming to the knicks in the next year or so, especially after every losing streak. it does sound great but is jackson what we need with this team? people have been harsh with lenny and might want a change but we have to look at what is best for our team. so here is what i noticed with both coaches

LENNY WILKENS: Positives- a player's coach. he gets results by respect factor alone. as one of the few coaches with a ring today,he knows basketball and is an underrated x's and o's coach. uses many different offensive schemes to keep the other team guessing. usually quite adequate with time management. does well with star point guards. teaches adequate defense. willing to play whoever deserves it not only becuase they are veterans ( see shandon anderson).

Negatives- emotion. needs to be in your face at times but chooses not to. an adequate defensive coach but no where near great. not a game day coach who can make constant adjustments for the next game ( displayed evertime his teams get swept out of the playoffs which happened more than a few times). teams tend to tune him out faster than usual. can not really handle adversity.questionable substitutions at key moments. he can coach well in close games but usually lose games by blowouts. ill prepared compare to other coaches. lazy practices.

PHIL JACKSON:Positives- coach of the most complex and hardest offensive set to defend: triangle offense. allow enough freedom for players to solve problems but strict enough to earn respect. underrated defensive coach. well prepared each game, especially in the playoffs. no other coach can handle as much adversity as him. besides riley, one of the best motivation speakers among coaches. uses "mind games" to pull strings whether it is for the players, referees or media.

Negatives- some would say he is overrated. the only reason he may have won is because he had the best players on the planet playing for him ( mj, kobe, and shaq). tends to rely too much on his assitants which further the argument of being overrated. can get outcoached. when it is "hot in the kitchen", he tends to leave ( lakers this year and bulls '98). uses strictly the triangle which hurts palyers who play other positions, particularly point guard. triangle offense can only be used effectively on teams with superstars. offense is very limited and becoming predictable. arrogance that tends to anger players and other coaches.

so that is what i see. i think getting jackson is a slight upgrade but how the team is constructed it is not smart. as far as i am concern, the best coach for our team is coaching detroit right now.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/25/2004  6:07 PM
Larry Brown was my #1 choice too...but since he was unavailable, i was hoping Isiah would hire Chuck Daly or Rudy T...Lenny is too much like Don Chaney imho...a nice guy, but this team needs someone to get on their case once in a while.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/25/2004  6:21 PM
i'll take Jax over lenny anyday of the week
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  7:03 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

i'll take Jax over lenny anyday of the week
I'll take Jax if he comes with a side of Shaqx
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
jax vs. wilkens

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy