[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trevor Ariza
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/25/2004  3:31 PM
there was a stretch when Houston first went down and Shandon was a serviceable backup. He averaged like 12 points and 4 boards a start for a couple weeks, and the Knicks were playing ok.

I think once Isiah got here he really regressed. I dont know if he just hated ISiah and loved Layden, or he was tryng to hard or what. Obviously he wasnt big with Lenny as he got his first DNP and that broke his streak of consecutive games played.

He's owed like $21 mill over the next 3 years... we are stuck. Even the Garden cant eat that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/25/2004  3:39 PM
I like that Ariza was projected to be a lottery pick if he stayed in school. Thats what I look for with 2nd round picks these days. As opposed to picking up a stiff who was okay in college for 3-4years and the whole country loves then he gets drafted and never plays like Trajon Langdon for example or John Wallace or Mateen Cleaves
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  4:08 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I like that Ariza was projected to be a lottery pick if he stayed in school. Thats what I look for with 2nd round picks these days. As opposed to picking up a stiff who was okay in college for 3-4years and the whole country loves then he gets drafted and never plays like Trajon Langdon for example or John Wallace or Mateen Cleaves
U BETTER NOT BE CALLING JOHN WALLCE A STIFF! You cannot call him stiff bro.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 06/25/2004 16:09:30]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/25/2004  4:14 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

What did John Wallace ever accomplish in the NBA?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  4:34 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by gunsnewing:

What did John Wallace ever accomplish in the NBA?
John Wallace is a Guard.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/25/2004  6:24 PM
hahahahaha you are right. John Wallace is a guard lol Man he was my favorite player in 97 although he drove me crazy. I thought he was going to become the second coming of Dominque Wilkens lol
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
6/25/2004  9:59 PM
One-on-One with Trevor Ariza
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/ariza_qa.html

Suns.com: What would you say are your major strengths on the basketball court?

Ariza: I can see the floor really well. I’m not a selfish player. It’s fun to help assist other people score. I’m a team player.

Suns.com: How close are you to being ready to play in the NBA?

Ariza: I think I’m ready now. If I can get a little stronger, I think I can be a pretty good player.

Suns.com: Do you feel you can come in and contribute right away?

Ariza: That’s my goal. I think I can do that.

Suns.com: What areas do you feel you need to work on most?

Ariza: Getting my shot more consistent and strength. I’m going to keep shooting and stay in the weight room, that’s all I can do.
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
6/26/2004  12:27 AM
Isiah on Ariza:
http://www.nba.com/knicks/inthepaint/isiahdraft_040625.html

"He's 6-8, has a seven-foot wingspan, and has a potential to be a very good defender, ball mover and distributor," said Thomas. "He can handle the ball. He can play three positions for us. And he is the same age as all these high school players you've seen. This kid has a potential for a great upside. We didn't think we'd get a player such as him at 43."

Indeed, Ariza didn't participate in a workout for the Knicks because "his agent thought he'd go in the first round," according to Thomas. "But we saw him in Chicago (NBA Pre-Draft Camp) -- and we were very impressed. We didn't think we'd get a player with his size and strength. There's no telling what his body and game might grow into with some NBA coaching."
Trevor Ariza

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy