WHy didn't we take Ha Seung Jin?!!!
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/25/2004  10:58 AM
Posted by metra:

How is Ha any different from Wang Zhi Zhi? Started playing basketball in 9th grade, etc.? Some people just dont have bball talent, no matter how much work ethic they have. Just cause some analyst said he resembles Yao, doesnt mean he is Yao.

unless you've ever watched him play & can speak from a point of expertise here, i think you'll agree it's more reliable to go on what scouts are saying about him than what you are just making up in your own head based on the fact that he kid only started playing when he was 14...btw, Samuel Dalembert didn't start playing hoops until very late either...would you have said he isn't worth much now based on that alone?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/25/2004  10:58 AM
Ariza has a ton of potential. He is only 19. He is 6'8.8 & has a 7'2 wing span.

He can handle, pass, defend, has a ton of athletism, body control, a decent shot, can run the break. I think he just needs to refine all his talents to become a good player. If he would have stayed in school for another yr he would have probably been a first rd draft picks next season. So I believe we landed a potential first rd type talent in the 2nd rd. He was the best available talent in Zeke's mind so only time will tell.

Though I do agree that Ha seung Jin was worth the shot that late. Ales Chan & Lamzana & Rice either never were drafted so Im hoping we add them to our summer leage rosters.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
6/25/2004  3:53 PM
last nite jay bilas basically said that Ha had no game what so ever and that his only upside is his size. he said he had no skills and was clumsy. He aslo said that Ha had a very small chance of playing in the league this year and he doughted if he ever will. give me Ariza any day over ha.
WHy didn't we take Ha Seung Jin?!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy