[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

WHy didn't we take Ha Seung Jin?!!!
Author Thread
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/24/2004  11:00 PM
Are you kidding me here? This choice is wack and who the hell was that snarky ******* talking abouut absolutely nothing holding up telfair's shoe while we were picking?
AUTOADVERT
subzero0
Member: #410
6/24/2004  11:07 PM
Dammit!! Portland got him a couple of picks later. The biggest sleeper in the draft and the Knicks pass him up as if they dont need a center. Trust me Ha is already much better than ariza, much better.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/24/2004  11:10 PM
If he is that good, why did he last into the 40s?
Chico
6/24/2004  11:14 PM
Posted by Rich:

are you the stupidest person you know? i'm not necessarily calling you stupid, but that is certainly one of the stupidest things you could say in this circumstance.
subzero0
Member: #410
6/24/2004  11:14 PM
Posted by Rich:

Ok, say it with me s-l-e-e-p-e-r.

Seriously though no one's saying he should have been a lottery pick or anything but Ariza? Ariza? As if we dont have enough forwards. Ha's 7-3, still growing, and has a perimeter shot close to mings. Oh yea and did i mention he is only a teenager. He's gotta develop, but if i had to choose between him and ariza, id take Ha hands down. Its just that simple.

[Edited by - subzero0 on 06/24/2004 23:23:34]
metra
Member: #473
6/24/2004  11:20 PM
If Utah has a predilection towards whites, the Knicks have a predilection towards blacks. Even if he help us win one or two games in the playoffs in 3 years, i wouldve still taken another (black) guy, but not neccesarily Ariza (who tf?). Anyway, 7 foot 3 koreans wouldnt fit in right at MSG with a team of ALL black guys.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/24/2004  11:23 PM
Posted by subzero0:
Posted by Rich:

Ok, say it with me s-l-e-e-p-e-r.

Seriously though no one's saying he should have been a lottery pick or anything but Ariza? Ariza? As if we dont have enough forwards. Ha's 7-3, still growing, handle's the ball better than ming, and has a perimeter shot close to mings. Oh yea and did i mention he is only a teenager. He's gotta develop, but if i had to choose between him and ariza, id take Ha hands down. Its just that simple.

I still trust Isiah's ability to assess talent.
Chico
6/24/2004  11:25 PM
the reason we don't know if he's black or white is because espn chose to have some moron spouting absolute nothingness holding up telfair's shoe while we were picking. while we were picking. so instead of footage of our pick playing, which we were waiting 3 plus hours for, we're treated to some "up and coming" espn nobody shilling for adidas. what bull****.
MX25
Member: #555
USA
6/24/2004  11:26 PM
Forget Ha..I want Mo Ke. He won't be allowed to come over for like 3 years but he's a better sleeper than Ha. Ha can't play 5 on 5 basketball. Mo Ke can.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/24/2004  11:42 PM
I don't mind Ariza. I wouldn't have mind Ha either. Chan 7'2 never got drafted so Im hoping we could add him to our summer league roster.

http://draftcity.com/trevorariza.htm He came out after his freshman yr he has a lot of potental.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/25/2004  1:56 AM
Some of you guys are really harsh. Pipe down a little.

I think Rich asked a very good question. All of these huge big men who end up in the 40s are there for a reason, just like Vranes, last year. Everyone knows all teams need a big center who is really good. If he dropped to that low, though, maybe it's because teams didn't think he had any NBA potential. They don't pass up on these guys for no reason. I am not terribly upset by who we picked, even though I don't know much about him. I wouldn't have minded Paulding though. What happened w/ him, by the way?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
6/25/2004  2:02 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Some of you guys are really harsh. Pipe down a little.

I think Rich asked a very good question. All of these huge big men who end up in the 40s are there for a reason, just like Vranes, last year. Everyone knows all teams need a big center who is really good. If he dropped to that low, though, maybe it's because teams didn't think he had any NBA potential. They don't pass up on these guys for no reason. I am not terribly upset by who we picked, even though I don't know much about him. I wouldn't have minded Paulding though. What happened w/ him, by the way?

Paulding went 54th overall by Detroit
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/25/2004  2:09 AM
lol, geeze louise, and he was projected to go late 20s, early 30s, right? I kinda liked him when he was on Missouri too. I was really only a Missouri fan, though, when Kareem Rush was on the team.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/25/2004  9:25 AM
We wouldn't have taken Ha even with the last pick in the draft. Isiah is not big on international projects and wouldnt keep him on the roster unless he could play this year. Trever Ariza can play...he's still very raw but he can play and not look stupid out there. At the very least he's a chip we can trade.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/25/2004  9:32 AM
my personal take, as an Asian person...i don't care to hear anything that the Knicks didn't pick Ha because he is Asian...does every thread need to degrade into a discussion of race? let's try & stick to the player's talent & potential aspects & leave the race references out of it, shall we?

on the topic of Ariza, i don't understand this pick at all to tell you the truth...i agree w/subzero0 in that i don't see how the Knicks could have passed up on a bigman prospect like Ha, or even Herve Lamizana at the pick when they were both available...why do we need another swingman when we already have TT, Penny, Shandon & most likely DerMarr on the roster already? will this kid even make the roster this season? i highly doubt it, unless he's just absolutely so good that Isiah had him high on his depth chart & wanted him all along...i would have myself preferred a bigman prospect at that spot...but i'm hoping Isiah knows what he's doing here...maybe he has a trade in the works that would create an opening on the bench for this kid to have a role? i'll have to try & be optimistic here.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/25/2004  9:39 AM
TMS, I think Isiah said he didnt expect Ariza to even be there when he picked. In the papers today he mentioned that he thought Ariza could make the roster, while in previous days he said he didnt think anybody he could get in the 2nd round had a chance. IMO, Ariza is a big talent, and while raw, could at least get out there and play D and handle it a little. I read someone out there compare him to Boris Diaw from the Hawks. IMO thats a good comparison.
TMS
USA
6/25/2004  9:49 AM
i am definitely going to give Isiah the benefit of the doubt until i see how this team has progressed by this time next year...if this kid has the goods as advertised, then i hope Isiah has a trade up his sleeve to get him some minutes next season...i'd hate to see another Lavor Postell situation developing.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/25/2004  10:05 AM
When you start thinking 'why did we take this guy when we have a bunch of other players the same size, etc', you remind me of Ed Tapscott when he passed on Ron Artest and picked Fredric Weiss.

And what was the reason given: 'We have many players that same size, LJ, Sprewell, Houston...'

I have no idea about who this guy is- but it sure looks like he could turn into a Bruce Bowen type- someone long, athletic with a nice defensive game.

He's also the kind of kid who might just push Tim Thomas to realize some of his 'POTENTIAL'.

And for all the players his size we have now- we have TT, Allan, Shandon & Penny- what did any of these guys do for us in the playoffs???????

NOTHING!

Nazr isn't bad at the C spot- he shows some nice, flowing offensive moves- seems to have good hands which Knick bigs have lacked a long time.

And for the comparisons to Tayshun Prince- wasn't he a very late 1st round picked that sat all the year before until the playoffs against the nets- Detroit lost, but Tayshun showed up and showed no fear when in the game.
TMS
USA
6/25/2004  10:28 AM
Posted by franco12:

When you start thinking 'why did we take this guy when we have a bunch of other players the same size, etc', you remind me of Ed Tapscott when he passed on Ron Artest and picked Fredric Weiss.

good analogy...not.

1st of all, Ron Artest was highly touted & was widely regarded as the most talented player available when the Knicks' turn to pick that year...unlike this pick, where you yourself are admitting to not even knowing much about this kid Ariza to begin with...so spare me the Ed Tapscott comparisons, because they don't apply here.

[Edited by - TMS on 06/25/2004 10:30:40]
metra
Member: #473
6/25/2004  10:46 AM
The draft sucked and we were never going to get any good players, esp in the 40's. Ariza is WAY too skinny and it looks like hes going to have to develop for 1-2 years. IMO, Isiah's "This kid could make a team" is just crap. What else would he say, without being tactless? Anyway, I doubt anyone in the 40's would have helped us, especially now - which is what IT wanted. How is Ha any different from Wang Zhi Zhi? Started playing basketball in 9th grade, etc.? Some people just dont have bball talent, no matter how much work ethic they have. Just cause some analyst said he resembles Yao, doesnt mean he is Yao.

Im sure IT didnt have the draft in mind when he was trying to make the Knicks a good team again.
WHy didn't we take Ha Seung Jin?!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy