[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Read between the lines
Author Thread
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
6/25/2004  6:31 PM
Just seems like you are connecting invisible dots and letting blind baseless assumptions lead you by the nose Chico

What makes you think Zeke had anything to do with Marv other than to “prove” your own wild theories.

Your credibility took a big hit with the Zeke traded away two of Layden’s picks away argument. First off, concerning the principals in question, one pick has no intention of playing here, while the other one is a questionable prospect at best, whose work ethic was publicly questioned. On top of that, those two picks were included in a package that landed us a 27 year old star point guard future hall of famer.

Your coaches argument holds the weight of toilet paper. Were “Riley, Nelson, or Jackson” available this year? Is Don Nelson really more high profile than Wilkins? Furthermore, if Zeke was so obsessed with having a puppet as a coach, he would have just kept Done Chaney around to manipulate like Dolan and Layden did. Who knows, Mark Acquire might turn out to be a hell of a coach.

Zeke’s ego to me is a healthy one. The ego of a winner with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove (which translates into good days for us fans). Zeke has mortally wounded the meek, loser, no accountability corporate mentality that placed “getting along”, and being a good corporate solider with “character” above everything else. My man, this franchise was a complete embarrassment before he showed up. That doesn’t count for anything?

As far as Willis Reed, far be it from me to disrespect a legend (one of my father’s heroes) , but what exactly is Willis Reed’s role in the organization? Just one of the thousands of scouts, advisors, or assistants that fill every NBA team. Its not like he had designs on any major role, he is more or less a face and name they trot out for team functions or public appearances. Its not like Zeke was threatened by him. If a Willis Reed falls in a forest does he make a sound?
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/25/2004  6:57 PM
For Zeke to look good the Knicks will have to be successful so either way its a win win.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/25/2004  7:42 PM
Posted by sebstar:

Just seems like you are connecting invisible dots and letting blind baseless assumptions lead you by the nose Chico

What makes you think Zeke had anything to do with Marv other than to “prove” your own wild theories.

Your credibility took a big hit with the Zeke traded away two of Layden’s picks away argument. First off, concerning the principals in question, one pick has no intention of playing here, while the other one is a questionable prospect at best, whose work ethic was publicly questioned. On top of that, those two picks were included in a package that landed us a 27 year old star point guard future hall of famer.

Your coaches argument holds the weight of toilet paper. Were “Riley, Nelson, or Jackson” available this year? Is Don Nelson really more high profile than Wilkins? Furthermore, if Zeke was so obsessed with having a puppet as a coach, he would have just kept Done Chaney around to manipulate like Dolan and Layden did. Who knows, Mark Acquire might turn out to be a hell of a coach.

Zeke’s ego to me is a healthy one. The ego of a winner with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove (which translates into good days for us fans). Zeke has mortally wounded the meek, loser, no accountability corporate mentality that placed “getting along”, and being a good corporate solider with “character” above everything else. My man, this franchise was a complete embarrassment before he showed up. That doesn’t count for anything?

As far as Willis Reed, far be it from me to disrespect a legend (one of my father’s heroes) , but what exactly is Willis Reed’s role in the organization? Just one of the thousands of scouts, advisors, or assistants that fill every NBA team. Its not like he had designs on any major role, he is more or less a face and name they trot out for team functions or public appearances. Its not like Zeke was threatened by him. If a Willis Reed falls in a forest does he make a sound?

your posts are right on the money, you are saving me so many key strokes, I agree 100% with everything you said.. It is funny chico tried to reduce the credibility of the rumor of willis reed wanting to leave by saying it is just "newspaper talk" yet all of his perceptions about Isiah thomas were drawn from what evidence? Oh let me guess.... The NEWSPAPERS!!!!! (sigh)
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/25/2004  8:37 PM
Posted by Chico:

Ahhh but that's exactly my point. What if we can never get Phil Jackson, not because he doesn't want to, not because of money, but because Zeke doesn't want to share the spotlight. An article within the last week said just that, that Zeke and Phil couldn't coexist. If Phil Jackson is the right move for this team, which he very well might be, and Zeke doesn't get him for personal reasons, than he is putting zeke above the knicks that's what i'm saying.
so, is what your saying that, if zeke does'nt pick up phil jack then he's making a bad decision? IF that's what you mean, i could'nt disagree w/you more. there are certain types of people and personalities that cannot coexist. also, zeke is trying to build a young, run & gun team. that's not exactly phil's style.
oh, one more thing. phil's over-rated.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2004  12:13 AM
I don't believe Isiah had anything to do with Marv, and Willis has a better job for him back home in the swamp. Willis was kept here in honor of him, not real imput.

Isiah is and isn't some things he is made out, but those things are not his doing.

And I agree he has a healthy ego, which is not all together a bad thing.
Read between the lines

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy