[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If you're Orlando's GM what would you do w/the #1 pick?

Author Poll
TMS
Member: #674
USA
If you're Orlando's GM what would you do w/the #1 pick? I'd probably take Dwight Howard now since T-Mac is likely to be traded...before i said i would have taken Okafor, but that was under the assumption that T-Mac would be there. now, i think if i were Orlando's GM, i would take Howard at #1, then trade Steve Francis to another team like Chicago for their #3 & filler (Antonio Davis?) & take Sean Livingston... that would give you a nice young nucleus to build with going into the future w/Howard, Livingston, Gooden & Mobley.
Draft Dwight Howard
Draft Emeka Okafor
Trade down for more picks
Trade for an established veteran
View Results

Author Thread
mikesknicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #684
USA
6/24/2004  1:41 PM
I'd trade down for more picks. This draft is not that good that if you can get say 2 players for one, and trade one for a vet. and still end up with a young prospect also that's all you can ask for. Win now(vet) plan for future(prospect).
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/24/2004  1:49 PM
If this TMAC deal goes down they should go for Emeka. If they can get 2-3 good starters for TMAC they could put Okafor at center and get solid sooner than later.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
USA
6/24/2004  2:00 PM
i just think keeping a malconted Steve Francis can only be detrimental to team chemistry...i would rather move him if i could & start over w/a young stud prospect like Howard who has the upside & draws comparisons to KG along w/some other good young players...Okafor is going to be a stud also, but i think he would make more sense for a competitive team looking for an immediate impact rookie.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2004  2:31 PM
Man who cares what Francis says.....Him and mobley on Orlando with Okafor at the 4 spot maybe Cato......and they still have Drew Gooden? Orlando could make the playoffs.

Ffancis has no say he's a salve to the contract just like the rest of them.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  2:47 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-sptmagic24062404jun24,1,5990367.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines
"The much-anticipated trade of superstar Tracy McGrady to the Houston Rockets could bring both Seattle all-star guard Ray Allen and Miami Heat small forward Caron Butler, in one of several, multiteam scenarios still being considered by the Orlando Magic. General Manager John Weisbrod -- on the eve today's NBA draft -- refused to talk about any trade specifics involving McGrady, but NBA sources confirmed the interest of both Seattle and Miami in being part of a deal." Orlando Sentinel

"Francis, also an all-star, likely would be traded elsewhere. The Magic have talked with Seattle about a Francis-for-Allen trade, also with lesser players involved from both sides. The Magic, at the same time, have talked to the Miami Heat about a trade that would send Mobley and forward Drew Gooden in exchange for Butler, their promising, second-year forward. Gooden has played especially well against the Heat in his career, averaging 22.7 points and eight rebounds per game against them last season." Orlando Sentinel

"The Heat, who tried desperately to land McGrady when he was a free agent in 2000, also have talked with the Magic about a deal involving Eddie Jones or Brian Grant, along with Butler for McGrady. They would love to put McGrady together with Lamar Odom, giving them two incredibly versatile swingmen, much like the Magic once anticipated doing with McGrady and Grant Hill." Orlando Sentinel

"In anticipation of getting Francis from Houston, the Magic also have talked to the Washington Wizards about a deal involving point guard Gilbert Arenas and former No. 1 pick Kwame Brown. Francis played his college basketball at the University of Maryland, and he would give the Wizards a much-needed public relations boost." Orlando Sentinel
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  2:49 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/cs-0406240387jun24,1,2135097.column?coll=cs-basketball-print
"The Clippers, meanwhile, were said to have entered the bidding for McGrady because Orlando supposedly is having second thoughts about acquiring an unhappy Steve Francis." Chicago Tribune
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/24/2004  3:02 PM
its irrelevant at this point. there's never been such a *****-ass-bitch gm in the history of sports. there's never been a case of inmates running the assylum. what a wimp this guy is. he lets a little punk like stevie push him around? he lets t mac decide when he's gonna practice? when he's gonna play? you do the trade with houston, if stevie bitches you tell him to shut up. if he malingers or doesn't play, you sue his ass. if i'm orlando i give up the number one pick just to take John weisbrod off my team
TMS
USA
6/25/2004  9:10 AM
first of all, you can't sue a player for being whiny little you know what & ruining the chemistry in the lockerroom...Francis is signed for several more years at max money...he has absolutely no reason to be motivated to play if he isn't happy in his situation, so for you to simply say the guy needs to pipe down & play is being overly naive to the situation imho...the fact is, it would be a bad idea to have a guy like him on your team unhappy...it's counterproductive to winning & sets a horrible example for the other players...that type of thing is best nipped in the bud before it proliferates to the other players on your team...that's why i'm saying it would be best for Orlando to trade Francis to a team like Indiana or even Dallas if Steve Nash signs elsewhere...they're not going to want a rookie running the team right away when they are looking to win a championship in the next couple years...the Magic can get very good value for Steve Francis if they play their cards right, & it would be smart for them to do that rather than have the guy crying for the next few seasons how much he hates playing on a losing team.
If you're Orlando's GM what would you do w/the #1 pick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy