[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2004 NBA Draft
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2004  5:14 PM
sure, if you can get Swift or JC w/the MLE, go for it...i'm just saying Blount & Etan are more realistic options...& i would much rather have those guys than KT at this point if you can use KT to get anything of value at all in another deal.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/24/2004  5:32 PM

"yes. we have talked about this many times already and i keep repeating it but if we go into the season with the same roster, being healthy, and with a full training camp, we'll be fine and better than last season. deke and othella will become really valuable at the deadline and then next offseason is when we can make a major move. developing sweetney and frank and having the team win will only increase the value of EVERY player on the team.

would i like isiah to try to improve this team by signing someone? yes, but i'd rather it be with the MLE/LLE (for swift, crawford, doleac, someone of that nature)

do i think we need to make a trade? no, we don't have to do anything and we'll still win 45 games next season.

if re-building usually is accepted as having a 3 year plan, then year one, we made the playoffs. this will be year two, and we'll improve on our wins and hopefully get homecourt and advance a round. year three is when we make a run at the division. it seems to be playing out that way...
[/quote]

"if" we go into next season healthy...the fact is houston will more likely than not be "unhealthy" and with stephon playing in the olympics, there's a much higher chance of him being injured next year (not to mention beheaded) than if he didn't. Those are such humungous "ifs" that you might also say we can win 45 games by trading penny for webber. i honestly think thats just as likely as houston and marbury both being 100% next year.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2004  5:40 PM
but we also saw how frank and marbury played well together in the backcourt. i think frank and sweetney, and maybe dermarr will see increased roles. h20 shouldn't play more than 20-25 mins/night anyway and a frank and marbury backcourt was pretty effective. i think we're alright.

also, this is h20's first injury ever. he may bounce back from it 100% - remember, his game isn't based on speed or athleticism, just a jumpshot. and with tim there for the full season, he will pick up the slack.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 06/24/2004 17:41:15]
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/24/2004  6:56 PM
right...but if you can't walk, you can't jump. right now houston can't walk. right now, his agent "isn't sure if he will ever be an elite player." considering these guys are spinners and liars, you gotta read into that saying its possible he can never play at an nba level. Its also not exactly true that this is his first injurY. yes i capitlized the Y on purpose. He has 2 injuries, not one. BOTH his knees are injured. There's no cartilidge. This isn't some sprain or twist that can just heal up. This is a big problem. If we do trade for Stackhouse, there's at least a 50% chance that Houston is retiring.
2004 NBA Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy