[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kurt Thomas
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/25/2004  11:35 AM
I had a dream lastnight that Sweetney is going to average 20pts 11rebs next year!
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  11:36 AM
And here is the thing rod: KT does not claim to be a superstar. He is not eating up half our salary cap. he does not refuse to rebound, play defense or anything like that. We know what he is going to give us. He is a perfect backup PF or a perfect complement to a offensive center. Thats it.

Allan Houston refuses to do anything other than shoot. I HATE HIM SO MUCH. Another knick fan brought up a good point on a diff forum. Malone, Baron Davis, Jneal, Rasheed, all play injuerd and allan wants to sit out without even trying? I cannot belive we actually tried to build a team around him for a short period.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/25/2004  11:45 AM
yeah man thats the truth. If Houston, Penny and Shandon were off the team we would likely have either Shaq, Kobe, or McGrady. That's just depressing.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/25/2004  12:25 PM
in KT's mind, he's a starter...he didn't like the idea of going to the bench when Dice came back, & he won't like the idea of backing up Sweetney 1 day either...trade him now when you can still get something for him...he will be worthless in a year's time when he's coming off the bench, 33 years old & still on the books for 3 more years, trust me.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  12:33 PM
Posted by TMS:

in KT's mind, he's a starter...he didn't like the idea of going to the bench when Dice came back, & he won't like the idea of backing up Sweetney 1 day either...trade him now when you can still get something for him...he will be worthless in a year's time when he's coming off the bench, 33 years old & still on the books for 3 more years, trust me.
Worthless? What exactly do u call worth less? Give me stats of a worthless player.

And let me ask you sumthin, 'would u want a player who doesn't think he is a starter on your team?'
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/25/2004  12:46 PM
i'm speaking in terms of trade value dude,,,relax...i don't think KT is garbage, but i know if they don't trade him now, they probably never will be able to get anything worthwhile for him...that's the only point i'm trying to make...

anyway, do you think Mike Sweetney couldn't put up close to 11 & 8 next year if given starters' minutes? don't you want to see him get a chance to start?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
6/25/2004  2:31 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'm speaking in terms of trade value dude,,,relax...i don't think KT is garbage, but i know if they don't trade him now, they probably never will be able to get anything worthwhile for him...that's the only point i'm trying to make...

anyway, do you think Mike Sweetney couldn't put up close to 11 & 8 next year if given starters' minutes? don't you want to see him get a chance to start?

I agree TMS, I think KT's trade value probably peaked a couple of years ago when he was 15/10 pretty consistently after the McDyess injury with no one else in the frontcourt (spoon/othella really don't count)He was a servicable F/C with only a couple of years left on his deal at 5 mil/yr or so, a very good value. Now, a couple of years older coming off an injury and offseason surgery, with a 4yr 28mm contract, his value is lower.

I don't fault Isiah for giving him the extension b/c he probably would've signed with Dallas for MLE, but the truth is, if he was allowed to become a FA, I doubt KT would get any more than the MLE from ANY team w cap space. There are just better/younger players out there for the production he provides. If Stro Swift or Blount can be had for the MLE, what makes KT worth 3mm more per year? Still, he's a hardworking guy who could help a veteran team, but not what the knicks need right now. Sweetney should be the starter next year unless Isiah pulls a miracle and lands a big name PF. Sign Baker for the LLE to backup PF and C.

KT for Walker, Rahim or as the key piece of a sign and trade for Sheed or Dampier is unrealistic. He might work as a throw in w our expiring deals at the deadline for someone. KT for Stackhouse or KT/Fwill for JJames/Flip Murray (forget the draft pick) is a deal I'd do right now, as I think this is the best KT could bring back in a trade at this point.
Kurt Thomas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy