[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kurt Thomas
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/24/2004  11:37 AM
I rememeber at the trade deadline when KT was re-signed and the Knicks declinded a deal for Malik Rose and the Spurs pick, people complained that Isiah blew yet another opportunity and he's going to run the franchise in the ground.

Now KT's name has popped up in every trade rumor. KT for Stackhouse, KT for Antoine, KT for JJames/#12 pick, etc. It's obvious KT still has some value and Isiah did not mess anything up by not dealing him at the break.

Out of all the deals mentioned above, which one would you want to do most and why?

I'm going with KT for JJames and the 12th pick, because I think with the 12th pick you could add JR or Josh Smith, Robert Swift (a potential franchise C), Rafael Araujo, etc., and the chance to add a young, budding talent is too good to be true. Stackhouse I like but I don't think he's needed if Houston's healthy, which he apparently is, and Antoine's positives are even with his negatives.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/24/2004  11:41 AM
To me more people were ripping Zeke for just the rummors of trading KT for Rose & the pick. I don't remember anyone mad that he didn't make that trade. Some were upset we weren't able to land Dampier or Wallace though.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2004  11:42 AM
1 question...if teams are so interested in Kurt Thomas, why has there not been a deal made already? all this talk about the Mavs willing to give up Walker for KT, the Wizards giving up Stack for KT, the Sonics giving up a lottery pick for a 32 year old PF w/a longterm deal...does it mean those teams are actually interested or that some newspaper writers just have too much time on their hands?

who knows? maybe those rumors are true? but why on earth would Isiah pass them up if those teams were offering those types of deals? it doesn't make sense to me, unless Isiah has caught the Scott Layden bug & is holding out hope that the Lakers will take KT for Shaq or Kobe.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/24/2004  11:47 AM
I think 2 things could be happening. Zeke is creating a lot of buzz around KT to make it seem like he has a lot of value around the league. So that when a real trade comes along KT will have good value.

And /Or the writers are only spiting out half the truth. And other pieces are involved that we don't know about. It could go from KT for Stack to KT, Frank Williams, & Mutombo for Stack, Bradley, and other stuff.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/24/2004  11:48 AM
The no.12 pick/Jerome James one is good. We could get Kirk Snyder or Luke Jackson with that pick, which is the depth we need on the wing and Houston's future replacement. James could contribute, or be an expring deal that we add to Deke, Othella and Tryb. I think that much money adds up to 14 mil.
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  11:50 AM
Posted by VDesai:

The no.12 pick/Jerome James one is good. We could get Kirk Snyder or Luke Jackson with that pick, which is the depth we need on the wing and Houston's future replacement. James could contribute, or be an expring deal that we add to Deke, Othella and Tryb. I think that much money adds up to 14 mil.

if you could get the #12 pick & Luke Jackson was available, that would open up the possibility of making a trade w/the Pacers for Al Harrington, because Larry Bird is in love w/that kid...so again, i don't understand how Isiah could possibly be hedging on that deal if it was on the table...i think what newyork is saying must be true...there's probably more to the deals than are being reported, if they're even on the table at all...i can't wait til tonight to see what develops.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/24/2004  1:58 PM
1 question...if teams are so interested in Kurt Thomas, why has there not been a deal made already?

Some trades take a lot of time if you want to be careful and make sure you're making a good trade. Look how long it took the Knicks to trade Sprewell.
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  2:02 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
1 question...if teams are so interested in Kurt Thomas, why has there not been a deal made already?

Some trades take a lot of time if you want to be careful and make sure you're making a good trade. Look how long it took the Knicks to trade Sprewell.
it doesn't take me long to figure out the knicks are getting a good deal for KT if they get Walker, Stack or the #12 pick in return.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/24/2004  2:06 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

it doesn't take me long to figure out the knicks are getting a good deal for KT if they get Walker, Stack or the #12 pick in return.

of course not; but it takes a long time to work out the details of the trade. These latest rumors started only a few days ago!
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  2:10 PM
i realize that, but the deals for T-Mac, the Chicago/Phoenix trade, & the Dallas/Wizards trades took place all in the blink of an eye after they were first reported on...some of them weren't even reported on at all, which is usually what happens when deals actually do down...so all these rumors & whatnot about KT being appealing to other teams doesn't strike much truth to me, because if the Mavs were really approaching the Knicks w/Walker or Stack in hand, i have a hard time believing Isiah would refuse, unless of course, like i said, they're asking for more than what's being reported, which would make the deals less appealing for Isiah to make...that's why i have a hard time believing alot of these rumors.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

6/24/2004  7:50 PM
The mavs actually have a use for KT... they have mad offense and no D... KT can play D...
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
6/25/2004  5:18 AM
Posted by Elite:

The mavs actually have a use for KT... they have mad offense and no D... KT can play D...

actually he can't play D,which is why mavs dont want him. do you actually watch him play or just see the mad face he makes? did you happen to see maurice taylor make him his b*tch all game long?
Yes! - Marv Albert
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/25/2004  10:05 AM
Posted by TMS:

i realize that, but the deals for T-Mac, the Chicago/Phoenix trade, & the Dallas/Wizards trades took place all in the blink of an eye after they were first reported on...

that's the huge misconception. who knows when these deals come about or how long they take. did anyone know that layden was talking to colangelo BEFORE last season for marbury? nobody knew until the deal was done. every single reporter posts these rumors b/c it's their job and 99.95% of them are bogus or made up. isiah could've been making offers that were rejected everytime or maybe isiah was turning them down b/c he thinks kurt is still valuable for us. who knows what's going on? all we can do is judge on the moves made, not the moves not made.
TMS
USA
6/25/2004  10:27 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:

i realize that, but the deals for T-Mac, the Chicago/Phoenix trade, & the Dallas/Wizards trades took place all in the blink of an eye after they were first reported on...

that's the huge misconception. who knows when these deals come about or how long they take. did anyone know that layden was talking to colangelo BEFORE last season for marbury? nobody knew until the deal was done. every single reporter posts these rumors b/c it's their job and 99.95% of them are bogus or made up. isiah could've been making offers that were rejected everytime or maybe isiah was turning them down b/c he thinks kurt is still valuable for us. who knows what's going on? all we can do is judge on the moves made, not the moves not made.

you misunderstood my post...i was saying basically that i don't believe those deals were on the table at all, because there's no way Isiah would have passed up a chance to trade KT if he could get Walker or a lottery pick out of the deal imo...basically i think all those published rumors were BS.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/25/2004  11:07 AM
or better yet did you see Kenyon Martin, Who isn't in the league of Garnett, webber, duncan, dirk, J'neal

RAN circles around Kurt Thomas
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  11:18 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

or better yet did you see Kenyon Martin, Who isn't in the league of Garnett, webber, duncan, dirk, J'neal

RAN circles around Kurt Thomas
Did you see that he was actually not running around KT? It seemed like it because he was getting the ball passed to him perfectly from J.Kidd.

Do u also see that Kenyon Martin runs around everyone including Garnett? Thats not cause he is really good or Garnett is a bad defender, its cause Kidd fakes everyone out and pulls off an amazing pass. Work on getting H2O out first before u worry about KT. Atleast KT tried.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/25/2004  11:22 AM
In fairness to Kurt thats a terrible matchup for him. KMart does that to more guys than just Kurt. Kmart always abused Toine Walker, I mean totally took him out of his game on both sides of the ball. Yet at the same time Walker killed Jermain Oneil and was a big reason for the Celtics upsetting the Pacers last year. My point is just that some matchups make players just look bad... you have to look at them on a nightly basis. KT is a great ROLE player to me. Good defender, hits some open shots with good range, good hustle, can make a lot of good things happen for stretchs. Ask him to play 40 minutes and you see why his best role was coming off the bench. I think it still is.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/25/2004  11:26 AM
I agree, he's a great 6th or 7th man, but realistically, he is no starter. It's too bad he got spoiled, and it shows that he is. Everytime the thought of him going to the bench, pops up, he screams like a baby.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/25/2004  11:29 AM
I'm convinced you need a top-notch PF to win if not a center. Get us Webber!!!!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
6/25/2004  11:31 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I'm convinced you need a top-notch PF to win if not a center. Get us Webber!!!!!
I'm convinced, isiah, dumars, Jordan, pippen disagree.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Kurt Thomas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy