[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

has anyone heard of this (from nypost)
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
6/24/2004  3:06 AM
The Sonics are intently listening to an offer of Kurt Thomas for Jerome James (one year left at $5.4M) and the 12th overall pick. The idea is to select a talent-rich high school player obviously not named Dwight Howard (No. 2 to Charlotte) or Shaun Livingston (No. 4 to the Clippers.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/17578.htm

I personnaly would do that in a heartbeat.
- Open time for sweet
- Gives another soon to be expiring contract
- 12th pick ? briggs please, what can we get with that ?

AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/24/2004  3:14 AM
These picks are being just given away at this point, it's getting ridiculous.

If Josh Smith is there at number 12 I don't even think about it. If Josh is gone but JR is still there, I'd consider it but wouldn't be too sure. It all depends on who's there. If I can grab Araujo, one of the Smiths, etc., almost definitely. If those guys are taken, no.

Sweetney could step in and get a ton of PT from this deal.
#Knickstaps
raven
Canada
6/24/2004  3:19 AM
wow bigsmooth, you're in the usa and still awake ?
RonRon
Member: #246
6/24/2004  4:18 AM
"entertaining" is the keyword

i hope this is true, Anyone of of those 3 would sound like a great addition. Sonics might be using NY to try to get a better deal but I think it sounds a little too good to be true. I think the Knicks would have to take back a booth or another contract for a exiring contract or nazh, or frank williams would have to be included since brent barry should be leaving. Although they still have flip, which really isnt a natural 1 but an undersized 2
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2004  7:11 AM
Posted by raven:

The Sonics are intently listening to an offer of Kurt Thomas for Jerome James (one year left at $5.4M) and the 12th overall pick. The idea is to select a talent-rich high school player obviously not named Dwight Howard (No. 2 to Charlotte) or Shaun Livingston (No. 4 to the Clippers.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/17578.htm

I personnaly would do that in a heartbeat.
- Open time for sweet
- Gives another soon to be expiring contract
- 12th pick ? briggs please, what can we get with that ?

You absolutley do this trade period.

Big Snacks is a big talent but he just is too hungry for the wrong type of thing.

If the Knicks coaches can get their hands on JJ it could be dynomite.

On the real.....Jerome James reminds me of Dampier for the laziness. I personally think Jerome James can play and can be a good pick up.

I don't even wanna talk about the 12th pick.....that 12th pick is the insurance the Knicks need for Houston. That would be great to get one of those high schoolers and they hopefully they turn into more of a T-Mac instead of Deshawn Stevenson.

Awesome trade in my opinion.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
raven
Canada
6/24/2004  7:21 AM
would the sonics do it ?

They're quite young and they don't really need another project.

JJ is a bloated bad contract and KT helps right now.

I think it's a fair deal, though I wouldn't refuse to add our 2nd rounder to sweaten it if needed.
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
6/24/2004  7:38 AM
If there is some truth to this.. I would love this deal. I think that is the sentiment expressed thus far on this thread.

Jerome James is a big body, that reminds me of Mark Blount.. He has some game. The problem is as everyone has alluded to.. HE IS LAZY!

But forget about him, the real part of this trade that gets me excited is getting the #12 pick. We'd have so many more options. Either trading the pick for veteran help.. or going after one of the young guards like Kirk Snyder, Luke Jackson or Josh Smith.

I hope this isn't more than just another Peter Vescey idea, I hope there is some validity and that this deal gets done. Honestly, I can see why it could happen.. Seattle needs a starting caliber Power Forward that will add insurance in case Nick Collison doesn't get back. They won't be resigning Jerome James, and don't need anymore inexperienced youth.. a veteran would serve them well.

The Knicks are the home team of the draft, they'd be creating a positive response for Isiah in his first term out.. I doubt that Zeke wants to hear chants of Fi-reeeeeeee Thom-assssssss!
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/24/2004  7:39 AM
I'd do it in a second. Opens up a spot for Sweetney and gives us some cap relief after next year, and gets us a young prospect. Don't include the 2nd round pick (ok maybe I would)....but definatly not F. Williams.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/24/2004  8:45 AM

the real part of this trade that gets me excited is an opportunity to get rid of Kurt Thomas by adding another player with a little athletisism.

Posted by JayNYC:

If there is some truth to this.. I would love this deal. I think that is the sentiment expressed thus far on this thread.

Jerome James is a big body, that reminds me of Mark Blount.. He has some game. The problem is as everyone has alluded to.. HE IS LAZY!

But forget about him, the real part of this trade that gets me excited is getting the #12 pick. We'd have so many more options. Either trading the pick for veteran help.. or going after one of the young guards like Kirk Snyder, Luke Jackson or Josh Smith.

I hope this isn't more than just another Peter Vescey idea, I hope there is some validity and that this deal gets done. Honestly, I can see why it could happen.. Seattle needs a starting caliber Power Forward that will add insurance in case Nick Collison doesn't get back. They won't be resigning Jerome James, and don't need anymore inexperienced youth.. a veteran would serve them well.

The Knicks are the home team of the draft, they'd be creating a positive response for Isiah in his first term out.. I doubt that Zeke wants to hear chants of Fi-reeeeeeee Thom-assssssss!
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/24/2004  8:47 AM
looks like i wasn't too far off on my proposal yesterday:

http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=5001

would you guys do a nazr and frank deal to seattle for calvin and the #12 and take araujo?
or even kurt and our 2nd rounder for calvin and the #12?
djsunyc
6/24/2004  8:55 AM
this to me is a NO-BRAINER.

get rid of kurt
bring in a another expiring contract
AND get the #12 pick
turtle33
Member: #537
Canada
6/24/2004  9:00 AM
i say we do the orginal deal with kurt for james and #12 nd see if they will also add a shandon anderson for calvin booth and maybe swap second rounders. anderson is usless to us, but we could use more big guys. and dam can booth block shots. if we have to we could add williams or something, i like williams but he is as well useless to us (marbury 40 minutes a game).

c-booth, james, nazr
pf-sweetney, nazr, booth

big agressive rebounders, and lots of shot blocking.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2004  9:11 AM
while I do think the Sonics would love to dump James tell me why they would want KT and his long term deal when they have Collison coming back this year 100% ?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
6/24/2004  9:18 AM
i don't think collison is ready to start AND kurt can play center from time to time. i don't know why seattle would do it but seattle and dallas were always the two teams that were interested in kurt so i guess the reporters and us are running with that notion.

that's why moving calvin booth instead of james is probably a better deal for the sonics.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2004  9:21 AM
Posted by turtle33:

i say we do the orginal deal with kurt for james and #12 nd see if they will also add a shandon anderson for calvin booth and maybe swap second rounders. anderson is usless to us, but we could use more big guys. and dam can booth block shots. if we have to we could add williams or something, i like williams but he is as well useless to us (marbury 40 minutes a game).

c-booth, james, nazr
pf-sweetney, nazr, booth

big agressive rebounders, and lots of shot blocking.

Shandon for Booth would be one of those trades that people would wonder what the heck happened there but that is exactly the type of trade that would rid the Knicks of Shandon Anderson.

Let's not forget how terrible Booth is though. He can block shots and that is about it. He can run the floor but that makes no sense if the dude can't catch, shoot or actually stop running without hurting himself.

I still like the idea of having James and Booth on the team with Nazr. Knicks still need a top notch power forward to start. Sweetney could be that guy and I hope he can be.

Still lets see if that trade plus the one you added goes down....

Sweetney/Nazr
Timmy/Penny
Jerome James/Booth
Marbs/Frank
Houston/Frank/Penny

There is too many question marks with that team.

Not exactly what we would expect the roster to look like next year.
That team might not make the playoffs especially with teams like Cleveland and Orlando most likely gonna step up from last year.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/24/2004  9:24 AM
It is so funny how people were saying Zeke traded away our future in the marbury deal, our future which essentially would have been a mid first round pick in this draft, a draft in which a team just basically gave away a lottery pick for future considerations, another team that traded a lottery pick for a veteran and other teams looking to dump picks for cash... What does that tell you about the draft? What does that tell you about IT? It tells me that the guy does his work and knows his stuff...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/24/2004  9:26 AM
This would be cool with me. For what its worth Vecsey was the first to report the Oak/Camby from years ago. He's often wrong, but he seems to have a pulse on some of the draft day deals.

Jerome James can block shots and board. He's is just out of shape, lazy and soft. Zeke might be a kick in the pants for him. The no.12 pick could net us Kirk Snyder, and athletic wing player who can defend and score a little. I am high on him. Or possibly Luke Jackson...a flat out shooter/scorer with a high basketball IQ and good athleticism. Or BRIGGS' fave Josh Smith...a dunking fiend. Once you get out of the lottery it becomes a wasteland but we can still get a good player with the no.12 pick.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2004  9:38 AM
i'd like to reserve my place in line to sign up for this one...anybody got a pen?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/24/2004  10:18 AM
I do this deal in a heartbeart. There will be some very nice players available at 12 like Arajou, Josh Smith, maybe Al Jefferson. I'll gladly take Jerome James because he can actually be a decent player for us but I like him more because of his expiring contract, we all know how useful those are
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/24/2004  10:52 AM
If we got the #12 I would trade down and unload Anderson & try to unload Norris as well.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
has anyone heard of this (from nypost)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy