[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

David Aldrige: Stack for KT?
Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
6/24/2004  12:05 AM
I was just watching Sportscenter and David Aldrige said the knicks and mavs are talking about stack for KT.... i think if stack is healthy its definitely a good deal for us because it opens up the spot for sweetney. although i feel like we should wait and see if we can get better for kt, i dont like trading for injured players.

Also, Aldrige said the 3 teams shaq said he would accept a trade to were Dallas, Portland, and NY. he then reported that there was very little chance he would be dealt to portland and that NY wants him, but they dont have the pieces - if LA trades shaq, and it looks like dallas wont give up dirk, i think they might be most willing to trade him to the knicks out in the east, for some of our expiring contacts and sweetney/fwill.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/24/2004  12:09 AM
Shaq makes $30 million. FW, MS, and the expiring contracts don't even come close to matching up.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/24/2004  12:14 AM
Apparently you have nothing to worry about since every online sports news service (ESPN/CNNSI/CBSsportsline) is reporting that Stack has been sent to Dallas in the Jamison deal.

It sounds like the ESPN (TV) report may have been recorded earlier in the evening, because Aldridge is also the reporter for the Dallas-Washington deal involving Stackhouse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1827125
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/24/2004  12:21 AM
Posted by PresIke:

Apparently you have nothing to worry about since every online sports news service (ESPN/CNNSI/CBSsportsline) is reporting that Stack has been sent to Dallas in the Jamison deal.

huh? the claim was that because the Mavs traded traded Jamison and got Stackhouse, the Knicks would now try to get him from Dallas.

Aldrige said the 3 teams shaq said he would accept a trade to were Dallas, Portland, and NY.

Shaq's not an FA. Where he wants to go is irrelevant
Chico
Member: #666
6/24/2004  12:21 AM
as if they would do that if they did match up salarywise? is that what you're implying? do you really think they would trade the most dominant player in the history of the league for Frank Williams, Mike Sweetney and expiring contracts? Even scott layden wouldn't dare suggest that...

i'm so flabbergasted by what you just posted, its no exageration to posit that it is without a doubt the most lopsided trade ever suggested in the history of internet message boards. Ever. Its possible someone might have though of something more ridiculous...but to post it? where basketball fans might read it?

The Lakers have lost just about all their starters except for Kobe possibly, for us to get Shaq, Williams and Sweetney would be the throw ins. We's have to include both Thomas', Nazr and at least 3 future first rounders... and that would be just to get on the phone with the lakers. If you look at what we gave up for Stephon and you look at what trades in the nba really are like, if you look at the fact that we're on planet earth i just don't know how you can value a seond year pg who scores 3 points per game and the least productive (in terms of scoring) top ten pick in last years draft and suggest that they would be the main pieces of a trade for shaq (with cezary tribanski, othella harrington and dekembe mutombo of course)...
Rich
USA
6/24/2004  12:38 AM
The Knicks probably won't be able to do much until the next off season, when TT's and Penny's contracts will have a year to go, and will be very marketable.
Rich
USA
6/24/2004  12:40 AM
Posted by Chico:

as if they would do that if they did match up salarywise? is that what you're implying? do you really think they would trade the most dominant player in the history of the league for Frank Williams, Mike Sweetney and expiring contracts? Even scott layden wouldn't dare suggest that...

i'm so flabbergasted by what you just posted, its no exageration to posit that it is without a doubt the most lopsided trade ever suggested in the history of internet message boards. Ever. Its possible someone might have though of something more ridiculous...but to post it? where basketball fans might read it?

The Lakers have lost just about all their starters except for Kobe possibly, for us to get Shaq, Williams and Sweetney would be the throw ins. We's have to include both Thomas', Nazr and at least 3 future first rounders... and that would be just to get on the phone with the lakers. If you look at what we gave up for Stephon and you look at what trades in the nba really are like, if you look at the fact that we're on planet earth i just don't know how you can value a seond year pg who scores 3 points per game and the least productive (in terms of scoring) top ten pick in last years draft and suggest that they would be the main pieces of a trade for shaq (with cezary tribanski, othella harrington and dekembe mutombo of course)...

Is your post directed at me? If so, huh? My only point is that the salary match up situation is so disparate, that the talent for talent issue is moot.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/24/2004  12:45 AM
Knicks would trade KT and Norris for Stackhouse, that'd be the only move that works.

It sets the Knicks up for the future, they would shed virtually all future salary except Marbury. After the 06-07 season, only Stef would be on the cap, giving Isiah some FA room. Maybe he's not thinking that long term, but I think it helps the Knicks. Sweetney gets PT. As long as you sign a defensive big man, either Blount or Etan Thomas (probably EThomas), then the Knicks lose nothing at all.
#Knickstaps
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/24/2004  1:46 AM
damn Stack for Kurt...I'd love that. Even if it's just to use Stack as trade bait!
Damn! and Stack's only makes about 7mil and his contract is up after 2006-07!!

Are you sure thats a possibility? Sounds to good to be true.

How's this for an atheletic run and gun offense:
C-Sweetney
PF-TT
SF-Stack
SG-H20
PG-Steph

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 06/24/2004 01:48:10]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/24/2004  9:04 AM
Shaq surely does have control over where he's traded...because no team out there is going to give up everything just to get Shaq for 1 year...they will have to be able to sign him to a 2-3 year extension, which Shaq has gone on record he won't do unless he's traded to a select list of 8 teams...NY is on that list, but they don't have the necessary pieces to trade for him, so forget it...NJ has a much better shot, as do the Blazers, Mavs, & probably the Miami Heat, who i would venture to guess are all on that list as well.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyballer
USA
6/24/2004  9:15 AM
Posted by Chico:

my point is, the lakers have said they wont trade shaq to a western conference competitor unless they get dirk, who the mavs have said they don't want to trade. obviously the deal won't be williams, sweetney, and deke/harrington for shaq..thats not what i was saying. we'd probably have to include houston or TT, future draft picks, or maybe someone we will be trading for soon (stack?). but according to aldrige shaq said he wants to go to portland dallas or new york, and the lakers arnet trading him to the first two teams. at this point the lakers can't keep shaq (it's almost gotten to the ewing situation). so the lakers are in a tough spot, and if i were the knicks i would trade pretty much anyone (except MAYBE marbury) for shaq.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/24/2004  9:15 AM
That would be a good deal and make sense for both teams. Stack would be a player that we lacked down the stretch last year and in the playoffs...a non-Marbury player who can create his own shot and a shot for others. Stack's deal actually runs 3 years shorter than KT's. He's an injury risk just like Houston, but as far as upgrading talent this would be a decent shot in the arm. I think KT/Trybanksi would work under the cap for Stack as well. Mavs would get a tough PF/C which they desperately lack and a international project/expiring deal, which would make sense for them. If they don't get Shaq they'd still have Nash/Finley/Walker/Dirk/KT with Howard and Daniels coming off the bench.

Meanwhile we could go with...

PG-Marbury
SG-Houston
SF-Stack
PF-Tim Thomas
C-Nazr

That is a very versatile offensive lineup with 3 20 point scorers and at least 2-3 guys who can bring the ball up. The rebounding would suffer so hopefully Sweets and Nazr get a lot of minutes. We'd also need some shotblocking and defense added. Stack could swing to SG on occasion and TT could swing to SF creating minutes for Sweetney. Then maybe split the midlevel between Doleac and Chris Anderson and bring back DerMarr. Or we could make some more trades...

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2004  9:26 AM
stack is Glen Rice part II with a knee injury and he's 30 this year. I dont see the point with Houston, Anderson, Penny, Stack, TT.. you have 5 guys, like $55mm and 2 positions and everyone of them here for at least two more years.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyballer
USA
6/24/2004  9:35 AM
Posted by fishmike:

stack is Glen Rice part II with a knee injury and he's 30 this year. I dont see the point with Houston, Anderson, Penny, Stack, TT.. you have 5 guys, like $55mm and 2 positions and everyone of them here for at least two more years.

i think stack/houston would be good if there isnt a good chance houston will be back - but then again, stack is injured. if we get both i think TT will be on his way out. how about a TT and stack deal for al harrington and artest? the salaries dont match up but we could take back croshere or someone...the knicks need defense and young players, which they get with artest and harrington, and the pacers need scoring. a lineup of
pg: marbury
sg: houston
sf: artest
pf: harrington/sweetney
c: nazr

is pretty strong defensively (minus houston), and the pacers would have

pg: tinsley
sg: stack
sf: tt
pf: o'neal
c: foster
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  9:36 AM
i'd love it if it was a KT, Shandon & #44 pick for Stackhouse & Najera deal:

C - MLE bigman (Blount or Etan) / Nazr
PF - Sweetney / Najera
SF - Tiny Tim / Penny / DerMarr (LLE)
SG - Houston / Stack
PG - Marbury / Frank / Moochie
IR - Othella / Mutombo / Trybanski
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
USA
6/24/2004  9:36 AM
fishmike, the difference being that until last season, Stack's stats were on an upward slope while Rice's were clearly going down. If Stack checks out healthy (I assume he's gonna have to in order pass physicals for at least two teams here) then he has a far greater chance of contributing than Rice did years ago. Stack is also not a one dimensional shooter like Rice or Houston. Stack is far more versatile and might be more complementary talent a la Sprewell. As far as pure talent goes Stack might be the best we can get for KT.
VDesai
USA
6/24/2004  9:38 AM
Posted by TMS:

i'd love it if it was a KT, Shandon & #44 pick for Stackhouse & Najera deal:

C - MLE bigman (Blount or Etan) / Nazr
PF - Sweetney / Najera
SF - Tiny Tim / Penny / DerMarr (LLE)
SG - Houston / Stack
PG - Marbury / Frank / Moochie
IR - Othella / Mutombo / Trybanski

I think the only way Dallas takes Shandon from us is if we take Abdul-Wahad back from them.
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  9:40 AM
fine, include Abdul Wahad & we'll throw them Othella Harrington & Trybanski, but take back the #44 pick.

C - MLE / Nazr
PF - Sweetney / Najera
SF - Tim / Penny / DJ
SG - Houston / Stack
PG - Marbs / Frank / Moochie
IR - Deke / Wahad / #44 pick

[Edited by - TMS on 06/24/2004 11:05:50]
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/24/2004  10:43 AM
KT for Stack? I would do it in a heartbeat.

What is KT going to do for us? NOTHING.

Stack and H20 along with Marbs and Penny would be great. TT could be icing on the cake. Just make sure we get Baker back and give Sweets the PT - Nazr starts at the 5.

Or this deal for the #12 pick...if we can get talent there I would also do that.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/24/2004  10:59 AM
Stack was moved form Detroit because he likes the ball. A lot.

He might not be into that chemistry thing we talk about. He is a nice fantasy numbers guy, but in the real world, he has yet to blend in.

Can he play off the bench? Can he play with Marbury? Can he play small forward? For that matter, we used to have an undersized SF last year.

We need to think that H20 returns, and need a solid back up. If he can do it, great.
David Aldrige: Stack for KT?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy