[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

suns trade #7 pick to the bulls..
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/23/2004  9:55 PM
Another report has the suns sending the #7 pick to the bulls..... wow!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/23/2004  10:13 PM
can you elaborate on that report a little? or is there no other info on it...i know, i'm lazy...so sue me!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/23/2004  10:20 PM
this is a nightmare they gave the 7th pick in the draft away for the 33 pick a future 1st rounder and 3mm in cash. how many chnaces to you get at pick 7? isiah wants unconventional ways to improve the team and has an opportunity here to move up to 7 for what amounts to very little? phoenix wants cap space--all right--how are we going to get athletic talent for this cheap cost? andre iguloda josh smith ben gordon arajuo etc.. we couldve moved into 7 and traded back to utah for two picks we couldve done a multitude of things. sorry imho this was a bad failure if you have a chance at getting pick 7 for that price in this draft you do it--we couldve played 1 up and we didnt. this is very disconcnerting.

i like that wash trade they got jamison for stackhouse ;laetner and pick 5 thats a lot of talent coming east to the wizards. right now IMHO the wizards have bypassed us
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/23/2004  10:30 PM
In your opinion everyone has bypassed us.

How do you know Isiah didnt offer the #45, cash and future picks? But then Pho opted to take the #31, future picks and cash.

Last year that was the difference between Lampe and Keith Bogans.

Yes... Isiah failed again.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
6/23/2004  10:41 PM
How could we have made a better offer? Our second rounder this year is worse, and a future 1st rounder will be worse then the Bulls too. Makes no sense for the Suns to deal with us. Chill out man. Jamison could not get it done in Golden State, what makes you think he'll turn the Wizards around? They still have two chuckers at guards with Hughes and Arenas, Jamison will be lucky to see the ball let alone get it in the post. If anything, pick 5 and Stack if he comes back healthy is a lot. Hopefully the Mavs don't get Shaq, or if they will they'll have to give up half there squard anyways, so its aight.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
BRIGGS
6/23/2004  10:42 PM
eisley has two years left on his contract--instead of the cash you give them an ending contract for eisley and the 2nd round pick which is more valuable than what they got. I could care less if eisley plays 5-6 minutes of back up.

we couldve got there if we played 1 up the opporunity for pick 7 doesnt coem around any day. if the simply wanted to waive eisley--they couldve done it--heck they were just about to eat waetherspoons $$$ and they ate amechi's. eisley wouldve been fine as 15th man anyway.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/23/2004  10:48 PM
what does this have to do with the Bulls making a better offer?

On a side note why is Jamison's 19/7.3/1.6 assists and 46.5 FG% so good, but Walker's 20/8.5/4.2 assists and 41.5 FG% such crap? You know what the difference between their FG%'s are? 1 shot a game. Please...
BRIGGS
6/23/2004  10:54 PM
i think that wouldve been more attractive to phoenix finacially and thats their bottom line

big difference between walker and jamison jamison =inside player who was constently double teamed at GS walker perimeter player who handles the ball to much with bad decisions.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
6/23/2004  11:02 PM
Walker doesnt have a post game? He handled the ball a ton in Bos and launched 3's because thats what the coach told him to do. Also Bos didnt have a real PG (Delk) so Walker played a lot of point forward and averaged 5 assists a game. More than any NY pgs pre-Marbury.

They are different players.. Jamison is more athletic, not as good a rebounder, and isnt as skilled as Walker. Jamison had some killer scoring years for some really bad teams.
MX25
Member: #555
USA
6/24/2004  12:49 AM
I hear Bulls aren't even keeping the #7 pick. #7 Pick and Chandler to Pacers for Al Harrington. Then Pacers take Luke Jackson with #7 pick. That's a steal for Pacers.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/24/2004  12:53 AM
Briggs knows all, let's just trust him on this one.

All of this could've been discussed, apparently Briggs has that inside tap to Phoenix's phones and knows what Isiah's doing (or not doing). They are idiots, they gave away pick 7 for nothing. If this proves anything, it shows the Knicks overpaid for Marbury because they were dying for people to take the big contracts of Marbury and Penny.

Nets give up 22nd pick for cash, Phoenix gives up 7th pick for future considerations and cash, this is crazy.

HOW IN THE WORLD does Washington surpass NY? They gave up their starting SG and the 5th pick for Jamison, now they're the best team in the league. Briggs, come on man, I don't mind peccimism, but this isn't reality.
#Knickstaps
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/24/2004  1:15 AM
I read that the Bulls are sending the Suns their #1 for next year. The Knicks can't do that.
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  9:00 AM
Jamison's also got a killer of a contract...but of course he's a way better option than Walker, who's got an expiring one, because he does that annoying shimmy when he makes buckets.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
6/24/2004  12:13 PM
i didnt say they were the bets team in the league, i believe they surpassed us. We dont have a frontcourt of etan Thomas, Kwame brown and jamison. plus our strength which is the G positions isnt much better than what Wash has in arenas and Hughes. maybe our depth is a better but they can bring out some size off the bench we dont have.

as far as some of the picks moving, Dallas which is one of the smarter teams in the league went up and got pick 5 for some reason that must have a great deal of value to them. I think both teams did well here if stackhouse is OK.
as far as pick 7, i really believe phoenix continues what they started last year--they continue to pair their cap number--they have now traded 4 1st rounders in 6 months for financial reasons. I personally think this IS a good draft and that there are good very good players all over the board. if we took a josh smith would we have to wait on him a year or 2? yes but are we winning the championship next year/NO!!!!!! there is NO way we will get a player with the physical talent of josh smith--we could get a stackhouse but its expensive and hes coming in as damaged goods. i think when you are building a team you cant have to many guys with questionable ability to play 80 games.

do i think we couldve 1 upped chicago's deal? yes I do if we took back eisley.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  12:17 PM
took back Eisley & give them what? so you would have 4 PG's on the roster again? or are you going to trade Frank in a separate deal?
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/24/2004  12:19 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Briggs knows all, let's just trust him on this one.

All of this could've been discussed, apparently Briggs has that inside tap to Phoenix's phones and knows what Isiah's doing (or not doing). They are idiots, they gave away pick 7 for nothing. If this proves anything, it shows the Knicks overpaid for Marbury because they were dying for people to take the big contracts of Marbury and Penny.

Nets give up 22nd pick for cash, Phoenix gives up 7th pick for future considerations and cash, this is crazy.

HOW IN THE WORLD does Washington surpass NY? They gave up their starting SG and the 5th pick for Jamison, now they're the best team in the league. Briggs, come on man, I don't mind peccimism, but this isn't reality.

the thing is, phoenix didnt like anyone outside the top 4 or 5 and they didnt want another risky project - esp because they werent impressed by anyone at the workouts. the bulls will take one of those projects at no. 7, and lets face it, although the bulls could be very good in the future, they wont be getting that much better than next year. chances are, the bullsare gonna be in the lottery next year and with a worse record than phoenix - so the suns get next years pick b/w 4-7. if they land in the lottery again, phoenix could get an even higher pick the following year- then agian, the bulls could maket he playoffs and then phoenix loses out - its a chance they were willing to take and id say they have pretty good odds
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/24/2004  12:20 PM
Etan Thomas is a RFA who might not re-sign with them, especially if his hometown Knicks offer him the MLE.

There is the possibility the Knicks still get JR Smith or Robert Swift by trading for Seattle's 1st rounder. If the Knicks get Swift they have their PF and C set for the next 10 years in two young, active frontcourt players, something almost all teams in the NBA won't have.

Just because Phoenix traded their pick doesn't mean other teams aren't willing to.
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
6/24/2004  12:44 PM
it's all in the eye of the beholder. a team with to many young players is probabaly better off trading for cap space or a solid proven vet to mesh in with what they have.

to me, the knicks most glaring need is size and athletiscm. i really believe at pick 7 you have a fantastic chance of doing something that could fill soem of those needs by either selecting a pick--or by re-trading down or out for a player like harrington or even artest. that pick is very valuable IMHO--it wouldve been worth it to 1 up the bulls.

right now i would say if the knicks want to stay out of round 1 a prescient move would be going after that bulls pick at 31. that gives you that nice position to find a falling rock or atleast position your self to take a second rounder like Andre Emmitt who could be the next Bonzi wells and do it for very cheap. pick 44 obviously is a tougher position. if it cost us pick 44 and houstons pick + 400,000 to me thats a fine deal.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
6/24/2004  12:58 PM
obviously that #7 pick is huge...but again, what makes you think the Knicks had any shot at all of getting it from Phoenix to begin with? they got a better package from Chicago than anything the Knicks could have offered unless you were going to give them Frank Williams & the #44 pick along w/cash or something like that, it it's even doable under the CBA.

if they could have gotten that #7 pick, it would have given the Knicks a shot at trading for Al Harrington or Ron Artest since Larry Bird really wants Luke Jackson & the Pacers want to trade 1 of their SF's...so it's nice to think about the possibilities, but we need to consider just how realistic those possibilities were under the circumstances.
fishmike
USA
6/24/2004  1:04 PM
hey man.. I'm with you, I really am. My only knock is its not fair to say we failed to one up the Bulls because you dont know what conversations went on... thats all.

I would love to get in this draft, but my guy feeling tells me part of the reason Isiah isnt in it is because of the roster issues. We simply have too many players. Is the #31 pick going to get us something better than Dermaar Johnson? I honestly dont know. Maybe Isiah is waiting until after the draft because he just doesnt like the offers he has yet.

Like you said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and once your past pick #5-#6 you really cant bank on who's left.

I'm one of the few people that thinks doing (almost) nothing isnt a bad thing. So long as Frank, DJ, and Sweetney are becoming better player I think this team STILL makes the playoffs, possibly even advances and then we go into a year with a much cleaner roster, a couple draft picks and Penny, Nazr and TT entering walk years.

Nobody said this would happen overnight, but at least w/ Sweetney, Marbury, Houston, TT, etc. the basketball is watchable. We wil probably win about 45 games or so, maybe a little more is guys (Houston) can get healthy. Marbury will have some monster nights, hopefully Sweetney keeps on doing his thing (I see him as a cross between Zach Randolph and Corliss Williamson, a 3/4 guy with great size, rebounding and post game), and the Knicks are a team and situation continues to improve.

This is not pessimism, just when you look at a roster w/ Anderson, Eisley, KT, Houston, KVH, Spoon, Deke, Harrington, Ward, etc.. most signed to long term deals you have to have some patience to move away from that mess.
suns trade #7 pick to the bulls..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy