[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Daily News confirms Zeke views TT as fugazee
Author Thread
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/22/2004  11:50 AM
What was obvious to me and disputed by blind knicks fans everywhere has been confirmed by Frank Isola in todays Daily News. Tim Thomas' distatastful and faggy display during the playoffs (calling out a tougher, better player while refusing to get off the bench, and then doing it again...and then saying he likes his money too much to keep talking what? you can't afford a ten thousand dollar fine despite getting paid over 200,000 a game?) has Zeke desperately shopping him, concerned that he will fagify the rest of the team, with his weak wimpyness. this guy is not a part of a future of a team with a history of hardnosed defense under the leadership of a star from a team with a history of hardnosed defense who just won the championship with hardnosed defense. TT and his McGrady work ethic can kiss my ass. (and so can all the knick fans who disputed this before because "there was no link.")
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/22/2004  11:53 AM
do you have a link for this?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Chico
6/22/2004  12:03 PM
are you joking? i said its in the daily news and frank isola wrote the article. do you have fingers? can you not type nine freakin letters into your computer and go to the daily news site? give me a break....the article is already linked on this very freakin site. how can you come to this site and not read the articles that are linked to it? today there are four articles about the knicks linked to the site. if you're not reading the articles before coming to the boards, then you're doing other fans a disservice. its not my job to educate you. you are supposed to know what you're talking about when you come here.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/22/2004  12:10 PM
are you that dumb that you didn't know i was joking w/u?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/22/2004  12:12 PM
Posted by TMS:

are you that dumb that you didn't know i was joking w/u?

LOL!
Chico
6/22/2004  12:13 PM
ha ha. very funny.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/22/2004  12:23 PM
I think the cliche of this Summer is definitely fugazee
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/22/2004  12:24 PM
Fagify! LOL

TT brings out the best and worst emotions of knick fans world wide!

I was suprised by Isola's comment.

Im sure Isiah shares in any dissapointment by his comments.

Its a business, and TT has a big contract and may not have a big heart.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/22/2004  12:39 PM
I know it was kind of a dumb thing for TT to go to the media and say...but when he said it, I was glad as hell considering it was right after some tough losses in the playoffs.
It was just to blow off steam, I don't really think its worth making a big deal about.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/22/2004  12:52 PM
What are you talking about? Zeke desperately shopping him? You're gonna believe that Isiah hates Tim just because of one newspaper source that says the front office didn't like the way Tim acted? This is the same newspaper the said Fratello was gonna be our coach and they didn't even apologize after causing chaos in NY. I'm so sick of people bashing Tim for what he said about K-Mart, yes it was the wrong thing to say and yes he should've played in game 4 after saying a stupid remark like that, but get over it. He was just pissed off that is playoff experience with the Knicks was cut so fast in a matter of seconds, as Matt said he was just blowing some steam, no need to make a big fuss out of it. No one seems to remember that Tim was the only Knick playing good in game 1 until he got in foul trouble and then of course the foul that knocked him out of the series. I remember someone posted Tim's numbers with us when he plays over 10 minutes a game (he had some games where he would just come in the game and leave which would hurt his averages) and he averages around 19 points and 6 rebounds. I'm telling you guys, Tim wants to be here and will play very well next year. Just please, forget about this "fugazy" crap, the kid can play.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
6/22/2004  12:58 PM
Can I ask a question how in the world does this knick basher know what zeke is thinking cause he sure didn't tell him this the last time i read something about zeke and the team progess over the summer it was that he was in contact with all of his player and their was nothing about his dislike of Tim Thomas so where did this come from? For the last time he may or may not have handled the situation right but he did what any MAN punk or other wise would have done voiced his opinion of what he thought of as a dirty play.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/22/2004  1:19 PM
I totally agree. I think Tim will be solid for us next year, just as he was solid for us last year. What happened in the playoffs and him getting whacked is knuckleheadedness... yea, he should have just kept his trap shut.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/22/2004  1:34 PM
this is also the same guy that confirmed mike fratello was our next head coach. don't believe anything you see in the news or post for that matter.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/22/2004  2:50 PM
I dont think we should be desperately shopping TT, but he certainly shouldnt be untouchable. He's one of the few players we have who might be able to be traded (because of his relative youth and non-max, although big contract). He has some upside but he still hasn't given that much more than 15 and 5 in his career and has kind of a fragile mentality. We should try to see if he develops but I wouldnt consider him somoene we desperately have to keep if something good comes along. I'm not a big fan of his
MX25
Member: #555
USA
6/22/2004  2:54 PM
Good. Get Tim Thomas out of here. I can't stand him.
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
6/22/2004  3:11 PM
Yes we'll bring back Keith Van Horne the playoff king
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/22/2004  11:01 PM
Why all the TT love and defending him? Relax, KVH is not returning, nor is Spree.

TT might have really pissed off the knicks whom really got switched by the Nets. The dude was crying real loud. and those sources could well be legit.

I also think Isiah got a nice pass for his handling of the coaching change.

Be it as it may, I do hope TT is not a diminshed asset in the eyes of his team mates, and his production. I don't care if he wants to be here or not, I just want him to act professional, be a fair team mate, and have him live up to his potential.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/22/2004  11:46 PM
The problem with TT is simple: IF you're going to talk trash make sure your butt is on the court. He didn't do that, and lost his credibility.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
6/23/2004  3:04 AM
credibility will be reaned this yr. Forget last yr playoffs, we were going nowhere. At least, we have an excuse for being crushed.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
6/23/2004  9:16 AM
I know that I didn't just read all those crazy comments about TT. This dude is by far the most versatile player that the Knicks have ever had, came in before the end of the season when your high-prize Houston was no where to be found, and most of all produced as much as he could. What was he supposed to do, after the Nets deliberately took him out of the series? The Nets were the smart ones, they pulled a page out of the old Bad Boys and Knicks. They went after the guy that has been killing them in the past. IMO TT did all the right things. We had a squad with no heart, team unity, and cohesion. In fact, why didn't his team-mates quickly retaliate when he got knocked out. I love Marburry, but I blamed him for not making a statement by either pushing or making it look like he wasn't going to tolerate that type of behavior. As our leader on the court, that should have been his response. Besides, that would have earned him much respect from his team-mates. If you want to blame anyone, it should Lenny. He shows no emotion what so ever after that foul. Larry Brown would have been all over the refs or even the Nets players for the cheep shot. I sure wish my man Van Gundy was still our coach.

Yes he called Martin a Fugazee, and that was the right call, irregardless of the fact that he wasn't on the court. That will put a sense of urgency amongst his team-mates. We need that. Now, what I hope for is a different TT, a more agressive TT, one that will get on the court and express his anger through his playing attitude. I know that Isiah had mentioned that to him at the exit interview. That is what all good leaders do. We can't trade this cat, he is a very valuable assets
The true Knickabocker..........
Daily News confirms Zeke views TT as fugazee

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy