OT: McGrady to Rockets?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/21/2004  10:15 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

francis is already bitching and moaning b/c he doesn't want to play in orlando. this is actually a steal talent-wise for houston. i guess orlando doesn't want to be stuck with nothing but a team of francis, mobley, hill?, gooden, and cato are a 30-35 win team at best.

don't forget the #1 pick in the draft.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
6/21/2004  10:16 PM
you hear that noise? I think it's JVG yipping for joy.
martin
USA
6/21/2004  10:19 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

francis is already bitching and moaning b/c he doesn't want to play in orlando.

Francis is a whiney little biatch. Dude should have learned real quick how to play with Yao.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/22/2004  1:57 AM
Trade Frank Williams for Mo Taylor...alright i had to say it lol
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
6/22/2004  2:54 AM
that deal is BS. orlando can get much better than francis, who is after all nothing more than an undersized shooting guard.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/22/2004  9:08 AM
I figured Orlando would get a better deal, but Francis-Mobley-Okafor-Gooden-Cato-and possibly G.Hill isnt that bad in the East. I don't think they'd be the worst team in the league again. They might still have D. Stevenson who's a good bench scorer and maybe one of their young guys like Gaines will finally get better.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/22/2004  11:05 AM
Francis is already complaining about this trade...i don't get why the Magic would hunker themselves down w/a guy making max dollars for the next several years who doesn't even want to play for them...unless the Magic have another trade in the works to unload Francis on another team, i don't think i would have made this trade w/the Rockets...

i would much rather trade T-Mac to the Pacers for some of their young players who are hungry & who want a chance to play someplace rather than a guy like Francis who has already been known to refuse to play for the Grizzlies when they drafted him which forced them to trade him to Houston, then complained about his situation in Houston under Jeff Van Gundy, & then is complaining again about his trade to Orlando.

they could have easily gotten Al Harrington, Jonathan Bender & Fred Jones for T-Mac, which would have given them 3 talented young guys to totally rebuild that franchise with & that would be perfect complementary players for Okafor...that would have been the smarter move imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
flyingvee
Member: #405
6/22/2004  12:03 PM
They are already getting ready to hang the GM here in Orlando, and I thought Laydumb had it bad with you guys LOL Basically it's come out that it the Magic that wanted Me-MAc out because of his bad attitude, late for practices, not talking to team-mates. So they remedy this by bringing in a biggercrybaby in Francis, Good move. I would have taken MArion and the # 7 pick. And instead of taking Okafur, they are going to pick the next Kwame Brown in Howard. Well, look forward to seeing the St Louis Magic soon.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/22/2004  3:35 PM
It seems to me that the Magic got the best of this deal.

Especially if they turn around and turn Francis into Al Harrington and Tinsley. Look at the Magic's possible lineup:

PG: Tinsley, (rookie or MLE signing)
SG: Cat Mobley, Stephenson, rookie
SF: Al Harrington, Grant Hill?
PF: Emeka Okafor, Drew Gooden
C: Cato, Hunter

It's pretty good and has a lot of room to get better. It's still good if they keep Stevie Francis, but Stevie does need to grow up.

But the whole point of this trade is that TMac needs to grow up too. The Pistons proved you can win the title with 5 very good starters and no superstars, the Magic will probably go that route and so will a bunch of other teams (at least until the next superstar wins it all...)
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/22/2004  8:12 PM
the deal doesn't work cap wise unless the Magic were giving up DeClerq & Lue in the deal as well...Peter Vecsey reported that it was Bostjan Nachbar, not Cato, that was part of the trade...that would match up dollar wise.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
6/22/2004  8:16 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

It seems to me that the Magic got the best of this deal.

Especially if they turn around and turn Francis into Al Harrington and Tinsley. Look at the Magic's possible lineup:

PG: Tinsley, (rookie or MLE signing)
SG: Cat Mobley, Stephenson, rookie
SF: Al Harrington, Grant Hill?
PF: Emeka Okafor, Drew Gooden
C: Cato, Hunter

It's pretty good and has a lot of room to get better. It's still good if they keep Stevie Francis, but Stevie does need to grow up.

But the whole point of this trade is that TMac needs to grow up too. The Pistons proved you can win the title with 5 very good starters and no superstars, the Magic will probably go that route and so will a bunch of other teams (at least until the next superstar wins it all...)

I don't think the Pacers will trade Harrington since they have been reportedly trying to trade Artest (same position) since the post season ended (flagrant foul, skipped exit interview with Bird).
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/22/2004  9:33 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

francis is already bitching and moaning b/c he doesn't want to play in orlando. this is actually a steal talent-wise for houston. i guess orlando doesn't want to be stuck with nothing but a team of francis, mobley, hill?, gooden, and cato are a 30-35 win team at best.

Man I'd be ok if that was the Knicks starting line-up.

That pick could turn into either Okafor, Howard, or a few picks or a pick and a young vet.

Orlando may have just thrusted themselves into the future of the Eastern Conference.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OT: McGrady to Rockets?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy