from nets done deal.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/21/2004  9:25 AM
Briggs....if you are going to share these bits of information with the forum please post a link to the source....or let us know that the source is.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/21/2004  9:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2004/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=1825427
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Andrew
USA
6/21/2004  9:36 AM
Wow....I guess those late round picks are not worth much these days.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/21/2004  9:42 AM
Wow. The Nets are really pinching pennies because taking Jameer Nelson or Telfair would yield a much better backup PG than Gill...
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/21/2004  10:26 AM
there's nothing more annoying on these boards than people posting information and other people whining about sources. briggs is a well respected long time poster. do you really think he'd lie? and why don't you take some responsability and look on another site or two yourself. it's been confirmed on every basketball site all morning.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/21/2004  10:31 AM
so this now gives us 3 potential trading partners IF we wanted to move up in this draft - utah, portland, and boston.

would nazr and our #2 be enough to get one of the 9 first round picks?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/21/2004  10:36 AM
chico... try switching to decaff. I for one like to see the source because I like to read the entire article. I trust and respect Briggs also, its got nothing to do with that. Hope I didnt just annoy you
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyshakespeare
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #420
USA
6/21/2004  10:43 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/23347.htm

The Nets' toughest opponents next season might not be the Pistons and the Pacers but purse-strings and the payroll.

In developments that could break up the Nets' trio of Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson, prospective owner Bruce Ratner has ordered cost-cutting measures that might drastically alter next year's team, according to multiple sources around the club.

The moves already have started, sources claim, and include the trading of Thursday's No. 22 first round pick to Portland for several million dollars and a non-guaranteed contract player, likely Omar Cook or Eddie Gill; a 40 percent hike in premium tickets prices; and exposing Kerry Kittles and his $10,266,667 salary to the expansion draft.
It Is Solved By Walking
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/21/2004  11:03 AM
It looks like the end of these Nets is nearing. If someone offers K-Mart the max (which Denver probably will) then its basically over for the Nets because I doubt they will match.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Andrew
USA
6/21/2004  11:08 AM
Posted by s3231:

It looks like the end of these Nets is nearing. If someone offers K-Mart the max (which Denver probably will) then its basically over for the Nets because I doubt they will match.

Do you mean after next season?....KMart is signed for this season.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Chico
6/21/2004  11:10 AM
no you didn't annoy me. i just can't fathom how someone could spend the time writing "please provide proof, please provide a link" when clearly they could just check hoopshype, insidehoops, realgm, hoopsworld etc.themselves (wouldn't it make sense to check those sites before hitting a message board?-- its like not doing homework and then asking your classmates to explain the homework to you, dumbing down the discussion for everyone) they would save time for themselves and everyone. I think personal responsability dictates that you should do a little leg work and not get your news from message boards when there's like fifty sites with organized news sections. It makes sense to check news sites before going to the boards. that way you're in an informed position to discuss...
Andrew
USA
6/21/2004  11:19 AM
Posted by Chico:

no you didn't annoy me. i just can't fathom how someone could spend the time writing "please provide proof, please provide a link" when clearly they could just check hoopshype, insidehoops, realgm, hoopsworld etc.themselves (wouldn't it make sense to check those sites before hitting a message board?-- its like not doing homework and then asking your classmates to explain the homework to you, dumbing down the discussion for everyone) they would save time for themselves and everyone. I think personal responsability dictates that you should do a little leg work and not get your news from message boards when there's like fifty sites with organized news sections. It makes sense to check news sites before going to the boards. that way you're in an informed position to discuss...

Chico, the purpose of this site is to exchange information and promote discussion. Providing a link is not alot to ask, and no one is saying that if you don't provide a link that you can't post....just that it makes it easier. This site provides links to all the Knicks articles to make it easier for others. Providing a link to information makes it easier for others to discuss. Thats all.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/21/2004  11:24 AM
i saw it on TV and didnt even think about it-sorry.

but a bigger problem that i have. let's think about this logically isiah said he wants to get better with unconventional methods[whatever that means????????] an investment in pick 22 cost the team over 3 years 6mm$

imho the draft looks good out to around pick 33-34 or so, atleast that my math. if we had traded pick 44 for pick 22 and gave them 3mm[which is a better deal IMHO than taking a player that has no contract and will be waived} you move up into an area where

A I strongly believe you will get a player of long term value--possibly a C or a very athletic 2-3 who should be able to help off the bench immediately. If we walked out with 7-0 275 pound David Harrison, Pavel P, JR Smith etc... is it not a sound reasonable pro-active investment? I mean we spent an EXTRA 3+mm on acquiring moochie norris. It looks like the club wants to spend an additional untold millions on a player who is not wanted by its own team for a variety of reasons. Moving into pick 22 also gives you the ability to package and move up.

Even if new york newyork is right that we actually worked out 20 different second round pick posibilities---if thats even the case--why havent we looked at every player in the draft up to number1? I know we are not getting 1 but its the preperation of full due dilligence. From watching most of these players, I disagree with isiah that there arent any real good players in this draft. This draft has a myriad of potential superstars, very good players etc... and the cost is minimal. If the plan is to just continue to look for vets that other teams dont want and throw them into a cup and mix it up, it isnt going to work. This is the same business model MSG has used for the Rangers---honest truth is with the money the knicks spend, anything less than 45 wins and being a true competitor in the playoffs is utter failure. We have a competitive advatage of outspending teams 2 and 3 to 1. But its the same flawed business model that hasnt worked since jimmy dolan took over.
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
USA
6/21/2004  11:25 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by s3231:

Do you mean after next season?....KMart is signed for this season.

K-Mart is a restricted free agent. Isn't he?
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Andrew
USA
6/21/2004  11:31 AM
I didn't think so. According to HoopsHype he is in his qualifiing year of his rookie contract...and I'm pretty sure that NJ picked up that year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_jersey.htm
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Chico
6/21/2004  11:56 AM
sorry if my post sounded bitchy, its just really annoying that on many boards (REAL GM), people spend more time accusing people of making stuff up and demanding links than just doing their own legwork, i had just read that on hoopshype and was eager to discuss and i took it as just another accusation... this isn't the supreme court, and some people (not you, just some posters) act like something is wrong or a lie unless there's a link.
s3231
USA
6/21/2004  12:08 PM
Posted by Andrew:

I didn't think so. According to HoopsHype he is in his qualifiing year of his rookie contract...and I'm pretty sure that NJ picked up that year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_jersey.htm

According to these sources, K-Mart is a restricted free agent

http://www.insidehoops.com/free-agents.shtml

http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/23347.htm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/195566p-168979c.html

Andrew
USA
6/21/2004  12:11 PM
Hmmm...apparently I'm not understanding the Qualifiing Offer meaning. I guess he is.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
s3231
USA
6/21/2004  12:15 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Hmmm...apparently I'm not understanding the Qualifiing Offer meaning. I guess he is.

Yea I really don't understand how the qualifying offer is used but I just remember reading in a bunch of places that K-Mart was a restricted FA.
portland gets 22 pick for cash

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy