[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Camby Sparks Team
Author Thread
gfella2121
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #45
12/4/2001  6:30 PM
Here's a little stat that shows how the Knicks offense has improved since Camby's return.

NYK PPG Opponents PPG
Before Camby 87.28 89.05
Since Camby's return 94.75 92.25

Although it's against Atlanta (X 2), Houston (injured) and Detroit, it's still big step up. To all the skepticals that are saying on this board that the Knicks are not going to make the playoffs or if they do they'll be out in the 1st round, how could you say that after only 18 games. We had at least one starter injured since the beginning of the season (Camby and Spoon). After Spoon gets back, a permanent backup pg is seleceted by VG, this team will start to gel. I am not saying they'll be no. 1 or they are going to win the finals, I am saying that it's way to early to predict anything. What if Shaq, Kobe, Kidd, get's injured. Anybody that's screaming that this NYK is horrible or needs a franchise-type starter, is just a front-running, media brainwashed punk that is not a true NYK fan.
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/4/2001  7:10 PM
Camby is right around the pace he was last year, putting up 12pts and 12 boards a game. I think he will only get better and by the end of the season, should be posting an average of 15 points and 13 rebounds per.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/5/2001  1:34 AM
it does wonders to a team when their shot blocker/rebounder makes it back. Didn't Marv mention that the Knicks were averaging something like 2.5 blocked shots per game before Camby played? And that is what he averaged last year.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/5/2001  11:59 AM
Posted by martin:

it does wonders to a team when their shot blocker/rebounder makes it back. Didn't Marv mention that the Knicks were averaging something like 2.5 blocked shots per game before Camby played? And that is what he averaged last year.
Camby is going to run wild, if the Knicks ever let his foot heel - it's injured, he's playing hurt, the Knicks management is retarded - the guy is injured, let the thing heal instead of letting it linger and turn into something really bad... When 'spoon comes back, i hope camby's minutes get cut or let him sit out a bit to let the injury heal!
Knixkik
USA
12/5/2001  12:42 PM
Van Gundy said as long as Camby's ready, he's going to play him and not let him rot of the bench hoping his foot will feel better. Camby's doing a great job because he's putting up great numbers and running the floor very well. The biggest mistake Van Gundy has made so far is not running any plays for Camby. Once they do that his numbers will sky-rocket.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
12/7/2001  10:26 AM
I sure hope this injury doesn't wind up affecting Marcus for the rest of his career. Right now, I'm happy with him playing -- he's obviously still hurting, but he has been extremely effective. Without him, Spree would not be playing so great and the team would not be winning so much. 4-1 since his return, I hope we've turned the corner.

It's a home game vs. the Pacers tomorrow. I look for the Cambyman to continue his double-double form, especially after having a good rest since the Milwaukee game. The Camby-J.O'Neal matchup should be one to watch.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
12/7/2001  4:35 PM
The good thing is everyone only expects Camby to get better, which he probably will do. Hopefully he'll be an all-star along with Sprewell and based on the way we're playing now, we'll be right back in the mix to be an eastern conference contender.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
12/7/2001  4:51 PM
Wouldn't it be great to have Camby, Spree and Houston on the all-star squad? I doubt it will happen though.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
12/7/2001  5:50 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Wouldn't it be great to have Camby, Spree and Houston on the all-star squad? I doubt it will happen though.
Our guys could probably do it in the west, just because they lack a lot of good swingmen and the only center better then Camby is Shaq. As for us in the east though, they're so many good shooting guards that it will be hard to have both Sprewell and Houston on the team, something that surprised me last year. I think Spree will definetly be an all-star and Camby has a great shot too. I'm not sure if we can say the same about Houston.
Camby Sparks Team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy