Knicks Trade Rumor? True or False?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/21/2004  3:46 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Why is Wagner on the trading block when the Cavs have a spot open for a shooting guard moving lebron to the SF spot?

I think that has more to do with Silas. I never thought of that though. That would be a killer if it worked.

Wagner still has too many moves and scoring ability. Frank right now has my heart but Wagner is potentially better. Wagner would have Vinnie Johnsons role for real....I can see Wagner adopting the Microwave nickname too.

Change his name to "Dejuanic Wagnerovich" and we can crown him the next "Tony Parker"!
LOL
AUTOADVERT
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
6/21/2004  5:11 PM
I'll tell you what if they throw in Diop instead of Battie (even though Battie is the better play now) I'd do it. I think think Desangna Diop has the potential to be a defensive monster in the middle.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/21/2004  6:12 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

[quote] Why is Wagner on the trading block when the Cavs have a spot open for a shooting guard moving lebron to the SF spot?
Actually the PG spot was open for him too, but he couldn't earn it and they had to bring in McCinnis, who's done a 1000 times better job than Wagner. That really doesn't say much for Wagner, considering that McCinnis is really just an average PG.
MX25
Member: #555
USA
6/21/2004  6:38 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by EnySpree:

[quote] Why is Wagner on the trading block when the Cavs have a spot open for a shooting guard moving lebron to the SF spot?
Actually the PG spot was open for him too, but he couldn't earn it and they had to bring in McCinnis, who's done a 1000 times better job than Wagner. That really doesn't say much for Wagner, considering that McCinnis is really just an average PG.

Yea McInnis was the reason the Cavs made a run for the playoffs.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/21/2004  9:25 PM
was'nt wagner hurt, or at least coming off injury?
plus wagner's more of a two guard anyway. by no means is he a starting point. at least not yet.
Bonn1997
USA
6/21/2004  9:43 PM
Posted by daddynel:

plus wagner's more of a two guard anyway. by no means is he a starting point. at least not yet.
By no means has he been an NBA level guard at either backcourt position. He's looked more like a CBA level player so far
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/21/2004  9:53 PM
you can't argue the fact that he's been injured most of his short carrier. now i'm not saying i like the trade, but wagner's got talent. it's only a matter of time before he can showcase it. btw, it ain't happenin' in clev.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  10:18 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by daddynel:

By no means has he been an NBA level guard at either backcourt position. He's looked more like a CBA level player so far

lol, you're going overboard there bro...the kid looked good last year before he got injured...he had a couple of high scoring games & people were talking about him as being a potential star...then he gets injured, in comes Lebron, & all of a sudden people are talking about him as if he's not even worthy of playing at the NBA level.

as for him not being a starting Point, he wouldn't be starting at point if that trade went down, so what's that got to do w/anything? like i said, he'd be used more like David Wesley in Charlotte, only much quicker & a better penetrator...Frank will never be anything more than a backup PG on this team either btw.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
6/21/2004  10:58 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by daddynel:

lol, you're going overboard there bro...the kid looked good last year before he got injured...he had a couple of high scoring games & people were talking about him as being a potential star...then he gets injured, in comes Lebron, & all of a sudden people are talking about him as if he's not even worthy of playing at the NBA level.

as for him not being a starting Point, he wouldn't be starting at point if that trade went down, so what's that got to do w/anything? like i said, he'd be used more like David Wesley in Charlotte, only much quicker & a better penetrator...Frank will never be anything more than a backup PG on this team either btw.
I don't know; I bet the top guards in the CBA could play better than he's played so far
metra
Member: #473
6/21/2004  11:10 PM
Do we even have validity in this deal yet?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  11:43 PM
of course not...just like every other deal that gets discussed on this board most of the time...it's just to kill the time until we see what actually happens...no harm in debating hypotheticals is there?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Knicks Trade Rumor? True or False?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy