MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
6/20/2004  9:20 PM
Here's the Deal:

Cavs get: Deke-Harrington-Williams
Knicks get: Wagner-Battie

A friend told me by the time i could ask for a link..he signed off. Anyone hear about this possible deal?

I think Deal is ok. While Wagner can turn out to be good. Cavs would get alot of cap space next year. Which could be dangerous
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/20/2004  9:21 PM
Posted by MX25:

Here's the Deal:

A friend told me by the time i could ask for a link..he signed off. Anyone hear about this possible deal?

I think Deal is ok. While Wagner can turn out to be good. Cavs would get alot of cap space next year. Which could be dangerous
I'd rather keep Frank Williams and use Harrington and Deke for a different trade. Wagner and Battie don't interest me at all
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2004  10:33 PM
I don't like the deal. Wags is an undersized SG, although Battie is nice. Throw in an extra draft pick and maybe the Knicks consider.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/21/2004  2:15 AM
Honestly speaking, I don't know if I would be upset about that deal. Wagner could very well turn out to be a Chauncey Billups type player, in the long run, where he can play both the 1 and 2. You never know. It may very well be the best we can get for Deke and Harrington as well, so...
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  2:22 AM
Posted by MX25:

Here's the Deal:

where do i sign up for that deal? Deke & Harrington? does anyone even CARE if they're on the Knicks next year or not at this point? Tony Battie is a perfectly acceptable replacement for both of those guys...& trading Frank for DeJuan Wagner is a no brainer imo.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/21/2004  2:28 AM
Wagner is gonna be just as good as Jamal Crawford too. Maybe different size. He just needs to learn the game more, and I think playing under ITs wings can help that. Both Marbury and Houston can be great mentors for him as well, as (Like I said) he can probably play both the 1 and 2.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
USA
6/21/2004  2:39 AM
the only question around Wagner is his durability for me...but he'd be worth the risk imo because of his tremendous upside.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
6/21/2004  4:43 AM
Wagner's played like garbage in the NBA. Why do people still love him?
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/21/2004  8:53 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

they love the "upside"

Frank's play this year makes me think he has great upside too.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/21/2004  9:31 AM
Dajuan Wagner can score but he hasn't cracked 37% from the field yet. This trade isn't a slam dunk. Battie can block a few more shots but other than doesnt offer any advantages over Nazr. I wonder if we can get more for FW and almost 8 mil in expiring deals at the deadline.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/21/2004  9:32 AM
Tony Battie has a Knick mentality and a Knick game. To trade Mutombo and Othella for Battie would be ok....Nazr could either slide over to the back-up 4 or platoon with Battie at center.

I love Wagner. Im a big fan but his game is weird. I have yet to see him really get loose yet as a pro. In college he was awesome. I followed him because of Slam magazine. Slam did him like Lebron....following him from freshman year in high school. Wagner scored 100pts in one game in high school. I just like him alot and he is a good kid too.

It could be worth it making this trade but the Knicks need to think about getting a starting power forward rather than more bench players.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/21/2004  9:40 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Tony Battie has a Knick mentality and a Knick game. To trade Mutombo and Othella for Battie would be ok....Nazr could either slide over to the back-up 4 or platoon with Battie at center.

I love Wagner. Im a big fan but his game is weird. I have yet to see him really get loose yet as a pro. In college he was awesome. I followed him because of Slam magazine. Slam did him like Lebron....following him from freshman year in high school. Wagner scored 100pts in one game in high school. I just like him alot and he is a good kid too.

It could be worth it making this trade but the Knicks need to think about getting a starting power forward rather than more bench players.

There's no doubt Wagner showed explosive scoring ability before he got to the NBA, but just as you said he hasn't really broken out yet. I thought he was gonna challenge for rookie of the year. I don't know whether the injuries slowed him down, or perhaps its his game that doesn't really translate to this level. Some thought he could be an Iverson clone, but he hasn't really shown that ability yet.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/21/2004  11:01 AM
this trade is a no brainer...do it!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
6/21/2004  11:45 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Wagner's already scored 30 pts. in the NBA, so he's proven he can score on this level...it's not all about just "upside"...the kid can play in my opinion...i can't comprehend anyone who would even think twice about trading Frank Williams for Dejuan Wagner...& Frank is my favorite Knick right now.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
6/21/2004  11:53 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Wagner's already scored 30 pts. in the NBA, so he's proven he can score on this level...it's not all about just "upside"...the kid can play in my opinion...i can't comprehend anyone who would even think twice about trading Frank Williams for Dejuan Wagner...& Frank is my favorite Knick right now.

I would have concerns...Wagner has not proved anything. 30 points...didn't Shandon score 30 this year?...and his shooting % is just terrible. Right now I would not do a Williams for Wagner straight up trade. Anyone else?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
USA
6/21/2004  12:22 PM
so using that same logic, what has Frank really proven so far? the upside is what sets them apart, but Wagner has shown he has the ballhandle, quickness & strength to be a star in this league...please don't bring up Shandon Anderson comparisons here...that's not worthy of you.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
6/21/2004  12:31 PM
Frank really hasn't proved much either, but I like him more right now than Wagner. Frank has a position. He is a true PG with good size for his position. Wagner doesn't really have a position. Cleveland tried him at the point some and the 2 guard some but nothing so far has worked.

Hey Wagner may be a very good player in the future but right now I'd stick with Williams and see if he could fetch a even better player.

Another thing bothers me about Wagner...Frank Williams is on the trading block b/c the Knicks have Steph and he is redundant. Why is Wagner on the trading block when the Cavs have a spot open for a shooting guard moving lebron to the SF spot?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
6/21/2004  12:59 PM
Overall i think this would be a good but not great deal. Wagner has great potentail and i think if he played up to ability he would be a great energy guy off the bench. Battie would also be a good fit in ny. Andrew does make some good points though.
TMS
USA
6/21/2004  1:15 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Frank really hasn't proved much either, but I like him more right now than Wagner. Frank has a position. He is a true PG with good size for his position. Wagner doesn't really have a position. Cleveland tried him at the point some and the 2 guard some but nothing so far has worked.

Hey Wagner may be a very good player in the future but right now I'd stick with Williams and see if he could fetch a even better player.

Another thing bothers me about Wagner...Frank Williams is on the trading block b/c the Knicks have Steph and he is redundant. Why is Wagner on the trading block when the Cavs have a spot open for a shooting guard moving lebron to the SF spot?

Lebron is better at the SG position imo...i think the Cavs & Paul Silas would rather he play SG (i remember him mentioning it on an ESPN radio interview) & have a natural PG like Frank allowing Lebron to play off the ball.

Isiah loves small G's who can score as everyone knows...having Wagner to backup Stephon at PG & play most of his minutes at SG backing up his close family friend, Allan Houston, is an ideal situation for the Knicks...Isiah knows young talent, so if he's interested in Wagner i have a feeling he knows that this kid has enough talent to justify making that trade.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/21/2004  1:29 PM
Why is Wagner on the trading block when the Cavs have a spot open for a shooting guard moving lebron to the SF spot?

I think that has more to do with Silas. I never thought of that though. That would be a killer if it worked.

Wagner still has too many moves and scoring ability. Frank right now has my heart but Wagner is potentially better. Wagner would have Vinnie Johnsons role for real....I can see Wagner adopting the Microwave nickname too.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicks Trade Rumor? True or False?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy