[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dallsas Will Be a Beast
Author Thread
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
6/20/2004  8:58 PM
McGrady and Shaq both want to be traded to Dallas so that they can play together. If that happens Dallas can become ridiculously good. For Shaq, they can trade Walker (expiring contract), Josh Howard, and Finley. For McGrady, they can trade Daniels and Jamison for McGrady and Tyroon Lue. They can have a possible lineup of:

Nash
McGrady
Bruce Bowen (MLE)
Nowitzki
Shaq

Greatest team ever?

[Edited by - 1 on 06/20/2004 21:04:23]
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/20/2004  9:05 PM
I don't think Daniels and Jamison get the deal done for McGrady. Orlando can get more for him. If it does happen however, then that team has a shot at becoming one of the greatest teams of all time.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/20/2004  9:11 PM
haha.. I wonder how many shots dirk gets.....

greatest team of all time? No way..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
6/20/2004  9:17 PM
Just because they wanna go there. Doesn't mean they will. You gotta remember they need to match Salary. Shaq is highest paid player.
6/20/2004  9:18 PM
Posted by s3231:

I don't think Daniels and Jamison get the deal done for McGrady. Orlando can get more for him. If it does happen however, then that team has a shot at becoming one of the greatest teams of all time.

McGrady has to agree to sign an extension or no team will trade for him. He can almost decide where he wants to go.
tkf
6/20/2004  11:54 PM
Posted by 1:
Posted by s3231:

McGrady has to agree to sign an extension or no team will trade for him. He can almost decide where he wants to go.

yea, but that is after the season is over, the magic can screw mcgrady and trade him anywhere this year if they want.
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

6/21/2004  12:11 AM
not enuff basketballs for that team...

wouldent the knicks be crazy if they had marbs, mcgrady, bowen, ben wallace and shaq? lol
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  2:45 AM
Posted by 1:

McGrady and Shaq both want to be traded to Dallas so that they can play together. If that happens Dallas can become ridiculously good. For Shaq, they can trade Walker (expiring contract), Josh Howard, and Finley. For McGrady, they can trade Daniels and Jamison for McGrady and Tyroon Lue. They can have a possible lineup of:

Nash
McGrady
Bruce Bowen (MLE)
Nowitzki
Shaq

Greatest team ever?

the Mavs might want those trades to happen, but do the Lakers & Magic get what they want out of those deals? i don't see it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
6/21/2004  9:10 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by 1:
Posted by s3231:

yea, but that is after the season is over, the magic can screw mcgrady and trade him anywhere this year if they want.

No team will trade for McGrady unless they know he will sign with them.
6/21/2004  9:11 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by 1:

Nash
McGrady
Bruce Bowen (MLE)
Nowitzki
Shaq

Greatest team ever?

the Mavs might want those trades to happen, but do the Lakers & Magic get what they want out of those deals? i don't see it.

That is the best the Lakers can get and the Magic have to trade McGrady where he wants to go.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/21/2004  9:56 AM
Many many top level players have been traded near the end of their contracts with out a guarentee of resigning with the other team. TMac does not control his destiny as much as one might think.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
tkf
6/21/2004  10:00 AM
Posted by 1:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by 1:
Posted by s3231:

No team will trade for McGrady unless they know he will sign with them.
not necessarily true, If the magic just want to stick it to Mcgrady and send him to a team and not ask for much, there will be a lot of teams lining up, even if it is just for 1 year.... That team can still use T-Mac as a trade piece at the deadline..
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/21/2004  10:10 AM
Posted by 1:
Posted by s3231:

As tkf said, the magic can screw McGrady and it looks like the just might do that. Rumors have it that McGrady might actually go to the Clippers for Magette and the number 2 pick (Clips have already made that offer). Then Orlando could either trade one of the two picks or use both of them on Okafor and Howard or whoever else they want. If they got both picks and decided to keep them, my guess would be that they take Howard and Livingston. But that is just my opinion.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
6/21/2004  10:19 AM
If Dallas does trade for Shaq, they can offer Nowitzki straight up for T-Mac and keep Jamison to play pf. It might be a better option becuase Jamison has shown that he doesn't need as many shots. Tjis is still a really good linuep:

Nash
McGrady
Bowen/Daniels
Jamison
Shaq
Dallsas Will Be a Beast

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy