[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

hoopsworld says...
Author Thread
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
6/20/2004  1:40 PM
RASHEED DITCHES MO-TOWN Despite being the emotional leader of the Detroit championship team, its highly likely Rasheed Wallace has played his last day in Detroit, his agent and people close to him continue to say he is not a lock to return, what may happen is a sign and trade with the New York Knicks through Detroit in which Kurt Thomas and luggage is packed to Detroit, in exchange for a re-signed Rasheed. Wallace won’t leave Detroit with nothing, but it’s more likely than not he’s headed to New York where he tried to get traded in February…
Seems like there is a chance sheed could still end up here...we'll just have to wait and see
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
6/20/2004  1:46 PM
Very nice. If Isiah can pull this off, this would be good!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/20/2004  2:07 PM
cant wait til the 14th
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/20/2004  2:50 PM
that's awesome!
MX25
Member: #555
USA
6/20/2004  2:53 PM
Why would Detroit want KT tho? They could just re-sign Okur.

[Edited by - mx25 on 06/20/2004 14:54:03]
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  3:19 PM
Posted by MX25:

Okur is mostly a center. A Ben Wallace, Okur, Kurt Thomas PF/C rotation would be very good on defense--far better than losing Rasheed for nothing if he is serious about leaving Detroit for NY
MX25
Member: #555
USA
6/20/2004  3:28 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by MX25:

Okur is mostly a center. A Ben Wallace, Okur, Kurt Thomas PF/C rotation would be very good on defense--far better than losing Rasheed for nothing if he is serious about leaving Detroit for NY

I doubt that Dumars would want KT. He traded for Rasheed to re-sign him and i doubt Dumars would trade with Isiah after hearing Isiah declare war against him but we'll see what happens.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2004  4:10 PM
If there is a sign and trade it will be for a bunch of ending contracts like deke, Trybanski along with KT. remember if the Pistons sign him to trade then they have to take back salary which is the last thing they want to do. I think they would rather let Rasheed walk without compensation and focus on signing Okur if it comes to that. I still think that Sheeed signs with Pistons in the end. Sheeds agent is just using NYK to get sheed more money. I don't think Sheed has any intention of coming here to NY.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/20/2004  4:50 PM
Hoopsworld just makes up rumors, I used to work for them.

Where are the articles in the Post or on ESPN or in Insider? This isn't true, plain and simple.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  6:17 PM
[b]Sheeds agent is just using NYK to get sheed more money.
That makes no sense. The most the Knicks can give Rasheed is the MLE and several other teams would give him the MLE anyway.
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
6/20/2004  7:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
That makes no sense. The most the Knicks can give Rasheed is the MLE and several other teams would give him the MLE anyway.

No, it is a possibility. Sheed can tell Detroit that he is going to NY unless Detroit makes it worth his while to stay.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/20/2004  8:13 PM
i think sheed for the MLE is a VERY real possibility. the question is, do you want to sign sheed for 6 years @ the MLE or would you rather sign stro swift. i think i'm also in the minority that thinks sheed is too big a gamble. his talent is undeniable but will he take us to the next level or do we bring in a 24 year old athletic two-way player that could develop into something special with marbury? now swift is a gamble also but sheed is a bigger one.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/20/2004  8:22 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think sheed for the MLE is a VERY real possibility. the question is, do you want to sign sheed for 6 years @ the MLE or would you rather sign stro swift. i think i'm also in the minority that thinks sheed is too big a gamble. his talent is undeniable but will he take us to the next level or do we bring in a 24 year old athletic two-way player that could develop into something special with marbury? now swift is a gamble also but sheed is a bigger one.

I take Rasheed because its more of a sure thing. I really like Swift but if Sheed says he wants NY then I give up the MLE to get him (even at 6 years if we have to). Sheed is the athletic PF we need and his defense would definitely help us. If we get Sheed, I would then try to get Dampier via sign and trade.

Dampier
Sheed
T. Thomas
H20
Marbury

Thats a lineup that could do a lot of damage.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/20/2004  8:24 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by djsunyc:

I take Rasheed because its more of a sure thing. I really like Swift but if Sheed says he wants NY then I give up the MLE to get him (even at 6 years if we have to). Sheed is the athletic PF we need and his defense would definitely help us. If we get Sheed, I would then try to get Dampier via sign and trade.

Dampier
Sheed
T. Thomas
H20
Marbury

shoot man, that lineup can win the whole thing...funny, that's kinda like detroit's lineup. two scoring guards, an athletic 3, and two defensive big men.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
6/20/2004  8:29 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by s3231:
Posted by djsunyc:

Dampier
Sheed
T. Thomas
H20
Marbury

shoot man, that lineup can win the whole thing...funny, that's kinda like detroit's lineup. two scoring guards, an athletic 3, and two defensive big men.

Yea I have been envisioning this lineup for awhile Hopefully this will come true. We need a lot of luck. I'm more convinced than ever that we have to make at least 1 move this offseason because a lot of teams are gonna improve this offseason.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
6/20/2004  9:01 PM
if anybody is willing to give hoopsworld consideration that rasheed is leaving detroit...the smokescreen is ny, his real destination is philly.

why do you think he wore that sixer jersey during the finals
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  9:19 PM
Posted by 1:
Posted by Bonn1997:

No, it is a possibility. Sheed can tell Detroit that he is going to NY unless Detroit makes it worth his while to stay.
He can do that with any team. He doesn't need to mention NY. He can say he's going to Philly or Dallas or where ever for the MLE unless Detroit makes it worth his while.
BigSm00th
USA
6/20/2004  9:35 PM
Am I missing something here? Rasheed is one of the leaders on the team that JUST WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Now he's going to take less money and sign with the Knicks, a team that got absolutely demolished by a team the Pistons beat? This is absurd, let's stop making claims like "I think Sheed will do this!" or "He'll almost definitely sign for the MLE, the question is, do we use it on him." No way.
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  10:48 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Am I missing something here? Rasheed is one of the leaders on the team that JUST WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Now he's going to take less money and sign with the Knicks, a team that got absolutely demolished by a team the Pistons beat? This is absurd, let's stop making claims like "I think Sheed will do this!" or "He'll almost definitely sign for the MLE, the question is, do we use it on him." No way.
Who knows what his priorities are. But if you're wrong, you're certainly going to look like a fool
BigSm00th
USA
6/21/2004  1:25 AM
No, Rasheed's going to look like a fool for turning down millions of dollars and leaving a championship team to play in NY.

Then we get this absurd sign-and-trades where they give up KT and what not and the Houston for Shaq deals. It just gets to a boiling point at times.
#Knickstaps
hoopsworld says...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy