[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

watch this video and tell me this guy is not onje of the best FA for the money in the triangle
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2015  11:54 AM

This guy is no undervalued its scary. Hes BETTER than Whiteside because he has a mid range game. You put him bargs Towns?okafor and Admundson together---good luck trying to guard.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2015  12:28 PM
I have to say that he's more skilled than I realized. I thought he looked awkward earl in his career, but he's come along and looks much better now IMO. He'd fit right into this system with his size and skill level. He'd get a lot of good touches in this system too. I wonder if Phil and his staff are high on him?
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  12:58 PM
nixluva wrote:I have to say that he's more skilled than I realized. I thought he looked awkward earl in his career, but he's come along and looks much better now IMO. He'd fit right into this system with his size and skill level. He'd get a lot of good touches in this system too. I wonder if Phil and his staff are high on him?

The bottom line---Anjica is a 7-1 skill player who can hit the mid range rebound block shots pass and hit his free throws. He plays well almost EVERY time he gets minutes. If Jason Smith played 200 games in a row he still could not put up 24-8-3 in 20 minutes 9/10? The guy is so drastically undervalued and would be the NUMBER 1 steal in free agency. Even if we get Towns or okafor NEITHER is a 7-1 C--really they are both 4 men but playing with Anjica and Bargnani both would do very very well.

RIP Crushalot😞
tj23
Member: #3119

2/28/2015  1:21 PM
Wow pretty impressive. I'm interested. Wonder how consistent he is.
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  2:07 PM
tj23 wrote:Wow pretty impressive. I'm interested. Wonder how consistent he is.

With playing time he has been very productive. In our system he'd be perfect. He s a shot blcoer he can rebound rim protect mid range at 7-1
RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2015  2:42 PM
I can't imagine that Phil and his staff aren't very aware of Ajinca and his Free Agent status. He has all the right components of a typical PJax big. I do wonder tho how much New Orleans is committed to keeping Ajinca. What's their price point for him? What's his value in Phil's mind? It's going to be very interesting to watch this off season.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/28/2015  2:52 PM
New Orleans need to hold onto the guy. I still think he's soft but teams need to hold onto their own diamonds in the rough. Just like Whiteside.

Instead of pretending bums like Alrich is an Allstar or guys like Travis wear and Quincy Acy....we need to invest more time in guys that are actually improving. No coaching staff is going to make Alrich as good as Ajinica is. Ajinica doesn't need minus to develop. He needs his chance to play because he legit got better. Cole Alrich seems ok where he is as far as his game.

We got galloway and he beat out thjr who was already here. Louis amundson beat out quincy acy. Cleanthony put wear in his place too....I guarantee Alexey Shved gets Thjr traded eventually. We need to do our own due diligence. Let new Orleans have their guy.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/28/2015  2:59 PM
i'm with you on Ajinca briggs but I think you are overrating his market value. I seriously doubt he gets a deal over $3m a yr. I think he is worth it but he doesn't get enough exposure and he is an awkward but effective player.

I am not ready to say he is better than Whiteside because his value to the defense is pretty awesome and he scores at an efficient level. His Nba production is similar to Towns, they both produce so much in a little time.

BRIGGS
2/28/2015  3:24 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:i'm with you on Ajinca briggs but I think you are overrating his market value. I seriously doubt he gets a deal over $3m a yr. I think he is worth it but he doesn't get enough exposure and he is an awkward but effective player.

I am not ready to say he is better than Whiteside because his value to the defense is pretty awesome and he scores at an efficient level. His Nba production is similar to Towns, they both produce so much in a little time.

4 years 18 mm

RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/28/2015  3:24 PM
I'm sold,he's perfect next to brags and melo if brags can stay healthy get Matthews and draft russell and that team can do damage in the east with plenty of money to spare for 2016... Future ajinca, russell,melo core ... Russell will over take melo as the face he would be the first franchise pg the knicks have had since Clyde...a franchise pg wins champs esp with a dead eye like Matthews as his partner backcourt mate and melo and brags owning the mid range with ajinca owning the paint
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  3:28 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I'm sold,he's perfect next to brags and melo if brags can stay healthy get Matthews and draft russell and that team can do damage in the east with plenty of money to spare for 2016... Future ajinca, russell,melo core ... Russell will over take melo as the face he would be the first franchise pg the knicks have had since Clyde...a franchise pg wins champs esp with a dead eye like Matthews as his partner backcourt mate and melo and brags owning the mid range with ajinca owning the paint

I think he will be nice with okafor or towns. Bargnani and amnudson. I'd also like to find one more athletic pf out of the draft if we can

RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/28/2015  3:35 PM
Wow. Great vid. I am sold. Looks like he is making the vet min. Would the full MLE be enough?
BRIGGS
3/1/2015  12:15 PM
KBocker"]
Wow. Great vid. I am sold. Looks like he is making the vet min. Would the full MLE be enough?
[/quote]

His price tag will be 4-5mm per for 4 years. I'm not enamored with any top tier free agent not named lebron gasol is not coming here I will be forced to pay Greg Monroe 16 mm per helltritan Thompson turned down 12 mm. This guy with extended minutes? High endvalue proposition. The secondary free agents is where u want to be

RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/2/2015  12:04 AM
He is shooting 60% from the field and 80% from the FT line. What is the reason, besides Anthony Davis, that he plays so little?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
3/2/2015  1:21 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:He is shooting 60% from the field and 80% from the FT line. What is the reason, besides Anthony Davis, that he plays so little?

Since Davis got hurt The Pelicans are 6-0.

Anjica is avg 13.6 points 6 rebounds 1.5 blocks 1.5 assists FG % 75 playing 20 minutes.

The bottom line with the Pelicans is they have Davis Asik and Andersen. Most of the season Anjica is a 4th or 5th guy. But he is better than that. If Smith is making 3.4mm$ is Anjica worth 4 years 18mm $4.5)? How many 7-1 guys with his skills putting up production like this while winning in the NBA right now that are available in free agency? I've seen him 4-5 times this year and I think hes just going to keep getting better.

Just like our team--we need to be on the look out for guys who have not had a chance to play extended minutes. Right now if Anjica was playing 30 minutes for the Knicks--you would have a 100% harmony to keep him--more so than anyone else on the team. Who has more value Anjica or Galloway?

RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
3/2/2015  1:50 PM
I think we would all love to have Aijinca, it comes down to price, if we can sign him without overpaying it would be a great addition
Asik has also stepped up their game, along with Tyreke Evans playing the POINT with Holiday out, and Eric Gordon staying healthy
Dante Cunningham is another player that I always have liked that has been playing very well in addition to Quincy Pondexter and even Norris Cole

Their head coach, ex Knick who drafted him, has always emphsized team work and DEFENSE, they were always a well coached team that focused on DEFENSE
He has helped the development of Anthony Davis who has improved much since his rookie season, in addition to the time he spend in the weight room/practice, and Alexis Ajinca has improved much credit both Monty Williams and Anthony Davis to help his development

I totally get Briggs point, no matter what, we will not be TITLE contenders next season, and with the rise of the cap in 2 seasons, we should look to acquire and continued development on players with cap friendly contracts, while talents such as Durant, Lebron, Noah, Hassam Whiteside, and many more players will be available, instead of overpaying for talents that would just make us play off contenders
The AB trade really messed us up, as we do not have a draft pick next summer, with the above said, I believe we should also look to trade CA to a contender in the West while focusing on development and getting as many draft picks as we can in this summers draft

We also should consider using our cap space to absorb some contracts for draft picks like LA did with Lin, Sixers did with McGee, while still using the cap space we have left to sign talents that would have trade value in the future or be part of our roster moving forward with 2-3year deals with TEAM OPTIONS for the final years of the contract

The poison pill, possibly 2 contracts, that we should consider, maybe with players such Draymond Green and Kris Middleton
I would give Kawaii Leanard a MAX contract at the start of FA if he is willing to sign it
Also maybe buy low on a talent like Tony Wroten with his injury and we could use Cole Aldrich's contract to give him a salary in the range of 4-5m *just so we can go over the cap in order to have the full 6m MLE*
While the 2nd year is nonguaranteed and he could be used in a trade in the near future, same with Calderon's *I do not think we should stretch him unless we have an agreement to sign talents that we did prior to signing/trading for Tyson Chandler, in which we had to amensty Billups and trade Turiaf in order to acquire Tyson Chandler*

Also with the 2017 lockout and new CBA, I believe there will be the chance that there will be another amnesty that we could possibly gain
Players and both TEAMS would benefit, as players would get paid their contracts and possibly make even more money if their clear the amnesty waiver, and Teams get to get out of contracts and their payroll

With Butler demanding a MAX contract to stay in Chicago and Derrick Rose's latest injury/health concerns, I certainly would consider taking a chance on Derrick Rose's contract for Calderon and expirings/team option players, while demanding multiple 1st rounders and 2nd rounders in order to do so
We all know Bull's owner is cheap and would consider such moves, while still being able to compete for a title, while Gasol/Butler/Noah have proven that they have the ability to play on a high level while Derrick Rose has been out

If there is an amnesty in play after the 2017 lockout, we could use it on Rose, and if we are able to move CA this summer, we would have a LOT OF MONEY to offer UFA's in 2017 with an extra 20m bump of salary cap
If CA stay's and is becomes the next H20, we would have to decide to use it on him or Rose if we do trade for him...
While CA might not be able to be the #1 or even #2 player after this surgery, if his EGO isn't in the way, he is still a very good shooter and could POST UP, with a smaller role and less minutes in addition to his age if he recovers.....

Derrick Rose could be the next Brandon Roy or become the next Grant Hill, time will telll....

BRIGGS
3/2/2015  3:00 PM
RonRon wrote:I think we would all love to have Aijinca, it comes down to price, if we can sign him without overpaying it would be a great addition
Asik has also stepped up their game, along with Tyreke Evans playing the POINT with Holiday out, and Eric Gordon staying healthy
Dante Cunningham is another player that I always have liked that has been playing very well in addition to Quincy Pondexter and even Norris Cole

Their head coach, ex Knick who drafted him, has always emphsized team work and DEFENSE, they were always a well coached team that focused on DEFENSE
He has helped the development of Anthony Davis who has improved much since his rookie season, in addition to the time he spend in the weight room/practice, and Alexis Ajinca has improved much credit both Monty Williams and Anthony Davis to help his development

I totally get Briggs point, no matter what, we will not be TITLE contenders next season, and with the rise of the cap in 2 seasons, we should look to acquire and continued development on players with cap friendly contracts, while talents such as Durant, Lebron, Noah, Hassam Whiteside, and many more players will be available, instead of overpaying for talents that would just make us play off contenders
The AB trade really messed us up, as we do not have a draft pick next summer, with the above said, I believe we should also look to trade CA to a contender in the West while focusing on development and getting as many draft picks as we can in this summers draft

We also should consider using our cap space to absorb some contracts for draft picks like LA did with Lin, Sixers did with McGee, while still using the cap space we have left to sign talents that would have trade value in the future or be part of our roster moving forward with 2-3year deals with TEAM OPTIONS for the final years of the contract

The poison pill, possibly 2 contracts, that we should consider, maybe with players such Draymond Green and Kris Middleton
I would give Kawaii Leanard a MAX contract at the start of FA if he is willing to sign it
Also maybe buy low on a talent like Tony Wroten with his injury and we could use Cole Aldrich's contract to give him a salary in the range of 4-5m *just so we can go over the cap in order to have the full 6m MLE*
While the 2nd year is nonguaranteed and he could be used in a trade in the near future, same with Calderon's *I do not think we should stretch him unless we have an agreement to sign talents that we did prior to signing/trading for Tyson Chandler, in which we had to amensty Billups and trade Turiaf in order to acquire Tyson Chandler*

Also with the 2017 lockout and new CBA, I believe there will be the chance that there will be another amnesty that we could possibly gain
Players and both TEAMS would benefit, as players would get paid their contracts and possibly make even more money if their clear the amnesty waiver, and Teams get to get out of contracts and their payroll

With Butler demanding a MAX contract to stay in Chicago and Derrick Rose's latest injury/health concerns, I certainly would consider taking a chance on Derrick Rose's contract for Calderon and expirings/team option players, while demanding multiple 1st rounders and 2nd rounders in order to do so
We all know Bull's owner is cheap and would consider such moves, while still being able to compete for a title, while Gasol/Butler/Noah have proven that they have the ability to play on a high level while Derrick Rose has been out

If there is an amnesty in play after the 2017 lockout, we could use it on Rose, and if we are able to move CA this summer, we would have a LOT OF MONEY to offer UFA's in 2017 with an extra 20m bump of salary cap
If CA stay's and is becomes the next H20, we would have to decide to use it on him or Rose if we do trade for him...
While CA might not be able to be the #1 or even #2 player after this surgery, if his EGO isn't in the way, he is still a very good shooter and could POST UP, with a smaller role and less minutes in addition to his age if he recovers.....

Derrick Rose could be the next Brandon Roy or become the next Grant Hill, time will telll....

Ron--I also look at UFA vs RFA. I think teams will understand that anyone who gets BIG money this year--that money will not look as BIG in 2-3 years with the rise of the cap. It becomes a virtual no brainer to either offer a contract or better yet sit back and get a contract offef for one year less and just match it. Now can a team become lucky--YES but do we really think teams will just let guys like Green Leonard or Butler leave for no compensation? We paid Smith 3.4mm $ this year. Hes been inconsistent to say the least and hes been very porous on the D. Anjica is a UFA and a clear cut upgrade with potential to be one of the absolute steals in free agency in years. Hes going to get a nice raise in money and years but the contract will be less than half of any top frontcourt tier player(as it should be) its VERY hard to get those frontocurt players--thats why I want Towns or Okafor thats why Im willing to give Bargnanai time and 25 games to see if we'd like to keep him at a significant discount. As of NOW we have ZERO frontcourt next year signed --think about it.

RIP Crushalot😞
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/2/2015  3:07 PM
ajinca can be really good with more minutes... i don't know why he doesn't play next to davis more...

going after him should be a no brainer... but there's no telling who gets stuck in a bidding war... 5-6mm for ajinca would be nice but big men especially never fly under the radar for long... i woudln't be surprised if he gets an asik type of contract...

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/2/2015  3:09 PM
He barely played yesterday. Still produced though in the little time he played. N.O. either doesn't value him or they're hiding him because they don't have his bird rights.
FistOfOakley
Member: #3075

3/2/2015  3:20 PM
i am pretty sure they are not hiding him... they've been desperately trying to make the playoffs for the last cpl of seasons...

the thing with awkward looking big men is that they notoriously have high foul rates and the awkwardness has a lot to do with it... he probably could never play high minutes because he can't stay on the court... can he do 20-25? yes definitely... can you count on him for 30+? the answer to that question is the difference between giving him 5-6mm and giving him 8mm...

watch this video and tell me this guy is not onje of the best FA for the money in the triangle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy