[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bargiani
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/1/2015  3:23 PM
Bigs are a lot more expensive nowadays, just to put things into a little more perspective.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/2/2015  11:42 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I'd say absolutely yes to bringing back brags he is perfect for the triangle and, the guy hasn't been healthy for 3 to 4 years ... If he's the player Toronto had 4 years ago he's well worth 6 mil for one or even 2 years for 12

When healthy his a top pf/C he out played Monroe and johnson. I think if we go pg in the draft like russell I'd really go after ajinca to be our center.

Ajinca/Lou/Aldrich?
Brags/thomas/Lou
Melo/early/Greek
Schved/thjr/Galloway you could start all three
Russell/Galloway/Schved

Bargi is not gettng 6 mill from anyone, are you kidding. His best bet is to sign a one yr deal for 4.5, and see if he can play a full season. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to give this injury prone dude more that a yr.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2015  2:05 PM
Bargs doing it AFTER the trade deadline!!! Phil must want to kill this kid!
This guy comes in and does this at the beginning (my plan) was to get a late no. 1 pick to a team b-lining to the playoffs!!

At the right price, this kid could be a good asset as part of a winning team.
Basically the pick is gone. NOthing we can do about it. His games missed, nothing we can do about it.
If he is deemed by Phil and the Dr.s as always gonna be hurt, then he should go play a shorter season in europe.
Or, is he a 20 min off the bench guy and if so, stay healthy, and if so, a playoff type player on the second unit?
You don't get to contend without taking chances. The market will set his price.
If we leaving the door open for Durant, then maybe Bargs signs for one year and we pay him well.
2 in a row? Triangle starting to kick in?

RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
3/2/2015  2:10 PM
I see AB signing a deal comparable to Kaman at best

I think a team could sign him in the range of 3m-5m at best on a 2year deal with team option for 2nd and could be as low as vet min to 2.5m

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/2/2015  2:42 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you can't fool me again(GWB)...Bargs is now playing for a contract and we can't get duped again...He could possibly help a Championship caliber team playing 15-20 mins a night, but not us..

If the Knicks grab a Towns or Okafor sign and Anjica and resign Bargs to essentially a 1 year contract--you're down side is small. What can Bargs command? really no more than 6mm tops

Whats better Bargs and Anjica for 10mm combined and signed for much less in terms of years or 4 years 68mm to Monroe.

You made what I thought was the correct suggestion in another thread..Let's not make rash moves..Let's sit back and wait for the right pieces to fit the puzzle..Let's not throw money at Chandler because we have cap space when CP3 was available a year later...All these guys are the Amare signings after missing out on LeBron...

Let's try for Aldridge and/or Butler..If not we sit back and wait it out..We have time...And please Phil, let's start looking at some NBA caliber talent...

Why am I wasting even two minutes on guys who are not coming here? Can you give me a cogent explanation on why Aldridge would give up 30mm to play for the Knicks or why the Bulls who have said they will match any offer for their best player?

Well If he doesn't come then wait for the next guy the following year...Is Anjica the answer or a guy who is available??..Or Bargs for that matter...We have done it the other way and lost betting on long shots, let's wait...

What--we lost paying a great deal of money for shtty players. We pay guys like Shanden Andersen 48m we pay guys like Tim Thomas 48mm we pay Amare stoudemire even though the mDs said no 100mm--hows that work out for the Knicks? We have never had 1 free agent success. Lets be smart here and get more for the dollar spent instead of paying more dollars for vastly inferior production.

So u are agreeing with me???..Because I could swear u want us to spend money on shetty players like Anjica and Bargs...I'm saying don't spend the money until a top player is proven and worth it...

I agree with you on Bargs but Ajinca would be a good rotation big for cheap. Bargs is not worth the minimum and I doubt any team goes over $2.5m. The only teams that might go over that is Euro teams.

I think Ajinca is an under rated player that will probably cost lest than $3m. A PF/C that blks,rebs, & scores efficiently is well worth that price. Knicks must find low risk high reward players and he's one. They could possibly lock in a 27 y/o 7'2 big with potential on a long term contract for chump change. That would be smart business. Imagine if Miami locked up Whiteside for a 3 yr deal or the Lakers got Ed Davis on a long term deal?

Watched Ajinca in action the other day, he did look good out there.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/2/2015  5:19 PM
RonRon wrote:I see AB signing a deal comparable to Kaman at best

I think a team could sign him in the range of 3m-5m at best on a 2year deal with team option for 2nd and could be as low as vet min to 2.5m

This sound about right

ES
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/2/2015  7:25 PM
lol @ all of you getting sucked in.

i've lived this for 7 years. after his contract is done, you let him walk. period. end of discussion.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

3/2/2015  7:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2015  7:34 PM
Bargs sucks he is only trying right now cause he needs a contract. He'll go right back to being utterly terrible and injured as soon as the ink dries on the new contract. I will puke if the knicks resign this clown.

Literally ANY vet min PF is preferable in my mind. Bargs can do exactly one thing decently and everything else isn a net negative...no other PF on a vet min deal can replicate that for cheaper and less years?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/3/2015  5:30 AM
+1 DJ and H1. It's a bad gamble to use up a roster spot on him.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/3/2015  9:11 AM
People have spent months now whining over Calderone's contract, and now the idea is to give BAH-IR-GS anything more than directions to the parking lot?

I lived the dream when we signed him...the spreading of the floor big who can put it on the floor, create for himself, played great D on premier 5's, blah blah blah...

That dream is dead. Phil is going to continue to clean the house completely. Bye Bye Bargs.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/3/2015  9:21 AM
jrodmc wrote:People have spent months now whining over Calderone's contract, and now the idea is to give BAH-IR-GS anything more than directions to the parking lot?

I lived the dream when we signed him...the spreading of the floor big who can put it on the floor, create for himself, played great D on premier 5's, blah blah blah...

That dream is dead. Phil is going to continue to clean the house completely. Bye Bye Bargs.

Well I dont disagree but if the case why is he playing 35 minutes? Where is the logic? If we are developing players we WANT to keep why isnt Bargs playing for the Clippers right now.

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
USA
3/3/2015  9:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:People have spent months now whining over Calderone's contract, and now the idea is to give BAH-IR-GS anything more than directions to the parking lot?

Well I dont disagree but if the case why is he playing 35 minutes? Where is the logic? If we are developing players we WANT to keep why isnt Bargs playing for the Clippers right now.

Maybe because the Clips wouldn't part with a spare cup of coffee?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/3/2015  9:59 AM
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I mean simply release him like Amare.

RIP Crushalot😞
jrodmc
USA
3/3/2015  12:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Maybe Phil thinks he can actually get a second round pick or something if this goober manages to stay on the court the rest of the way. Maybe Jimmie only wants to play "Money for Nuthin" once a season.

Either way, you can only play so many NBDL projects at once.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/3/2015  12:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Phil realizes that Bargs isn't good enough to steer this hell ride of course. Bargs will have to average 30 pg in order to have any meaningful impact on the season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/3/2015  1:04 PM
Amare is a different story. He's a P&R guy and is still convinced he can play like he did at 21 years old. Bargs will be much cheaper and easier to manage. Bargs doesnt constantly remind us of his dominant self or his #1 pick status. I dont like him or his game, but he can have a fit and serve a purpose here short term. We will never get what we paid, but that doesnt mean you dont consider him moving forward. Gotta take a look.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/3/2015  1:22 PM
As a big off the bench, 20-25 mins a night for a reasonable deal, as long as he is healthy (BIG IF), then I think he is capable of being a contributing rotation player.
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/3/2015  3:30 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Maybe Phil thinks he can actually get a second round pick or something if this goober manages to stay on the court the rest of the way. Maybe Jimmie only wants to play "Money for Nuthin" once a season.

Either way, you can only play so many NBDL projects at once.

He can't. Even if another team was willing to give up an asset for one of the worst players in NBA history the trade deadline is already past and Bargnani is a free agent.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Bargiani

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy