[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bargiani
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/28/2015  11:22 AM
If he plays like he has the rest of the season, phils going to be hard press not to resign him. He is by far the perfect triangle big, and I'm talking the entire league. His ability to knock down that mid range shot, put the ball on the floor, and can make a decent pass..smh, His health is keeping him from being one of the better bigs in the league.

I'm sure he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the way, he has a lot to prove, especially to Knicks fans, and that next contract, but could it be a trap?

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/28/2015  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  11:25 AM
He is too unreliable. Only for the veterans minimum. Bargs has one good game where detroit could care less and people are throwing praise at bargs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2015  11:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:If he plays like he has the rest of the season, phils going to be hard press not to resign him. He is by far the perfect triangle big, and I'm talking the entire league. His ability to knock down that mid range shot, put the ball on the floor, and can make a decent pass..smh, His health is keeping him from being one of the better bigs in the league.

I'm sure he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder the rest of the way, he has a lot to prove, especially to Knicks fans, and that next contract, but could it be a trap?

Bargnani needs to stay around 14 feet and in to be successful. I do not care about an occasional 3 but its his mid range game that we need. ALSO keeping him near the basket will help his rebounding numbers. He would need to be kept at 28-32 minutes but thats fine if we had a 4 man frontcourt rotation.

I really believe this IF we have a frontocurt rotation of

Okafor/Towns Bargnani(playing the with way) Admundson (as the worker bee) and Anjica as our shotblocking C we can use for 20-25 minutes who has upside all over the place and also is really good at the mid range shot---we'd turn around quick.

This team CAN be much better quickly.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  11:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  11:29 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:He is too unreliable. Only for the veterans minimum. Bargs has one good game where detroit could care less and people are throwing praise at bargs

If he plays the rest of the last 25 games the right way for 30 minutes a night and stays healthy--Id give him 2 years 13mm with the 2nd year non guaranteed) Its NOT a big commitment but we want him to stay.

For example do you think Stan Van Gundy watched Bargnani last night and said well I know Greg Monroe is a solid player but he wants 68mm$--why dont I just give Bargnani 20 for 3? You already have a shotblocker rebounder Bargnani is your shot maker.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/28/2015  11:38 AM
The question is how much he would cost... what would the Knicks offer and, more importantly, what would he be willing to take.

Too bad he could not have been playing like this for 20 games prior to the trade deadline- we might have been able to get something for him.

You also have to think about his injury history, and the lack of team defense he is known for.

Might be looking at fool's gold, here, and I was someone who thought, when we first got him, that he might be a solid contributor, despite his many limitations.

Funny, though- this is a guy who was a star in Italy, a former alpha-dog, and he is actually showing some pride and grit- its almost like he thinks he has to fill the vacuum Anthony's injury left us with, and to Bargnani's credit, he is stepping up to the challenge.

Interesting to see what happens with him the rest of the year.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Hector
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #4483

2/28/2015  11:48 AM
2 ears on the roster, he puts up 2 good games in a row. Let's wait a bit.
Revisit this thread at the end of March.
[quote="jrodmc"] Melo is stupid. [/quote]
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2015  11:59 AM
Hector wrote:2 ears on the roster, he puts up 2 good games in a row. Let's wait a bit.
Revisit this thread at the end of March.

Bargs had some good stretches one in particular when Tyson went down and Bargs played C. His only real problem is that when he gets injured it takes him time to get his game back and that leads to people assuming that he can't play. This has happened to him over the last 3 years. Bargs needs to get on a real off season conditioning program IMO. I'm pretty sure that Phil will be very demanding that he do this if he wants to stay in NY.
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/28/2015  11:59 AM
Bargnani's been in the league for 9 years, he's terrible. Dude should be bought out so we can bring in more D-League players that might have a future in the NBA. If we actually bring him back next season then I'll know for sure that Phil doesn't know what he's doing.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/28/2015  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  12:51 PM
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you can't fool me again(GWB)...Bargs is now playing for a contract and we can't get duped again...He could possibly help a Championship caliber team playing 15-20 mins a night, but not us..
tj23
Member: #3119

2/28/2015  1:03 PM
VCoug wrote:Bargnani's been in the league for 9 years, he's terrible. Dude should be bought out so we can bring in more D-League players that might have a future in the NBA. If we actually bring him back next season then I'll know for sure that Phil doesn't know what he's doing.

I agree. He is dumb as a rock and his defensive effort is embarassing. He has a very nice mid range game but I don't think he's a positive force on the floor. He is a talented bonehead that will always drag his team down. I would rather have JR. Smith back. This guy has had his opportunities. Time for either established vets or young blood. I don't want a 30 year old project.
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  1:15 PM
holfresh wrote:Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you can't fool me again(GWB)...Bargs is now playing for a contract and we can't get duped again...He could possibly help a Championship caliber team playing 15-20 mins a night, but not us..

If the Knicks grab a Towns or Okafor sign and Anjica and resign Bargs to essentially a 1 year contract--you're down side is small. What can Bargs command? really no more than 6mm tops

Whats better Bargs and Anjica for 10mm combined and signed for much less in terms of years or 4 years 68mm to Monroe.

RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/28/2015  1:16 PM
If you can resign him at around $10mm a year, and then sign Tobias Harris and I don't know (dream big) Draymond Green I would be ecstatic. Then I really don't care if it's Okafor, Russell, or the next tier. Whatever. I have absolutely no interest in Bargs at a role more important than 4th option though because he is so damned unreliable.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
VCoug

2/28/2015  1:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
holfresh wrote:Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you can't fool me again(GWB)...Bargs is now playing for a contract and we can't get duped again...He could possibly help a Championship caliber team playing 15-20 mins a night, but not us..

If the Knicks grab a Towns or Okafor sign and Anjica and resign Bargs to essentially a 1 year contract--you're down side is small. What can Bargs command? really no more than 6mm tops

Whats better Bargs and Anjica for 10mm combined and signed for much less in terms of years or 4 years 68mm to Monroe.

Oh, only $6M which; nearly 25% of our available cap space this Summer?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

BRIGGS wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:He is too unreliable. Only for the veterans minimum. Bargs has one good game where detroit could care less and people are throwing praise at bargs

If he plays the rest of the last 25 games the right way for 30 minutes a night and stays healthy--Id give him 2 years 13mm with the 2nd year non guaranteed) Its NOT a big commitment but we want him to stay.

For example do you think Stan Van Gundy watched Bargnani last night and said well I know Greg Monroe is a solid player but he wants 68mm$--why dont I just give Bargnani 20 for 3? You already have a shotblocker rebounder Bargnani is your shot maker.

That deal would be a steal. I would do two years at $20mm a la Chris Duhon, especially if the Knicks draft Okafor or Towns

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
tj23 wrote:
VCoug wrote:Bargnani's been in the league for 9 years, he's terrible. Dude should be bought out so we can bring in more D-League players that might have a future in the NBA. If we actually bring him back next season then I'll know for sure that Phil doesn't know what he's doing.

I agree. He is dumb as a rock and his defensive effort is embarassing. He has a very nice mid range game but I don't think he's a positive force on the floor. He is a talented bonehead that will always drag his team down. I would rather have JR. Smith back. This guy has had his opportunities. Time for either established vets or young blood. I don't want a 30 year old project.

Lets wait and judge him over the last 25. His cost will be nominal. he's played in undisciplined systems--lets give him 25 games to see--you like what we saw last night--lets see it 20 more times.

RIP Crushalot😞
VCoug

BRIGGS wrote:
tj23 wrote:

Lets wait and judge him over the last 25. His cost will be nominal. he's played in undisciplined systems--lets give him 25 games to see--you like what we saw last night--lets see it 20 more times.

We should totally let the next 25 games overrule the previous 9 years of his career.

BRIGGS
2/28/2015  1:21 PM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Oh, only $6M which; nearly 25% of our available cap space this Summer?

Vcoug we should have 34-35mm once we waive Calderon. Exactly who do you want to spend money on? There is NO one worth paying the max to.

Im just saying start adding guys like Stuckey Carroll Anjica Mo Williams resign bargs and then keep cheaper back s up like larkin and hardaway admundson--all of a sudden our team is much different and we keep flexible as there is no contract over 20mm or so. then we add a great draft--its a new deep team.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  1:23 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

That deal would be a steal. I would do two years at $20mm a la Chris Duhon, especially if the Knicks draft Okafor or Towns

Thats my max for bargs 2 years 13mm with 2nd year only partial guarantee--and he has to show me the same play over the last 25. Not many teams in free agency--with our 35mm we have tremendous leverage.

RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/28/2015  1:23 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

You made what I thought was the correct suggestion in another thread..Let's not make rash moves..Let's sit back and wait for the right pieces to fit the puzzle..Let's not throw money at Chandler because we have cap space when CP3 was available a year later...All these guys are the Amare signings after missing out on LeBron...

Let's try for Aldridge and/or Butler..If not we sit back and wait it out..We have time...And please Phil, let's start looking at some NBA caliber talent...

BRIGGS
2/28/2015  1:26 PM
VCoug wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
tj23 wrote:

We should totally let the next 25 games overrule the previous 9 years of his career.

Brsg has ALWAYS played in a dysfunctional system even with the Knicks where he was allowed to setup and take volume 3's. When you look at tape--look at games like his 41 point game against the Heat when he took 1 3 pt and played primarily in the post--he was sensational. Hes played the wrong way thats why his career has not been as good as it should. IF we get MDs who say he can play 28 minutes for 75 games and he shows us he will play the right way over the last 25 and produces--you be the judge.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bargiani

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy