[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks game last night
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/28/2015  7:52 AM
First off I'd rather have lost as we saw what we needed to from our players. The shot selection from the Pistons in particular R Jackson was brutal...perfect storm to lose that game to us.
In terms of our players I loved how Lou admundson played and he's one of the few guys I want back. This is a case of a player just not getting an extended chance kind of like earl Barron who deserved much more from the NBA. The guys 32. Now to the big dog. Bargnani. When I thought wed be a good team this year prior to the season and I'm sure others and even Phil Jackson envisioned a bargs who would play something similar to this or close. This guy has it in him to be really good. For all of these years why didn't this guy just play ft line extended and in? Why did he take so many 3 pointers why did he set up so many times behind the 3 pt line? This guy is an 85% ft shooter stay in the mid range and in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at what happens when he does. The game even 20 down was more enjoyable to watch without calderon. Shane Larkin played much better defense and helped RJ to shoot 20%(which was the game).?/!/?
Can we keep bargs playing 12 feet and in?
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/28/2015  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  8:21 AM
Bargs was a beast last night. That might sound funny to those that didn't see the game. He literally looked like Patrick Ewing out there. He had a killer confidence out there. He's still falls asleep on defense but he was more alert that normal and that's enough to keep him on the floor.

If Bargs can play close to this level every night, then he deserves to be back next year without a doubt.

"What has gotten into Bargnani?" - mike breen

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2015  8:37 AM
To me Lou Amundson is like Chris Duhon. Career 12th man but put him in the right system and he flourishes because he has the head, mindset & skillset for it
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2015  8:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  8:40 AM
As for Bargnani. Keeping him 24ft away from the basket was more Mike Woodson genius
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/28/2015  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  8:53 AM

You can see the highlights here. A lot of the shots are nice looking but way too many are fools gold mid range jumpers. For his career, he makes 42.5% of his mid range shots. You don't want him taking those. The 3s and drives were good, though.
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  9:51 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

You can see the highlights here. A lot of the shots are nice looking but way too many are fools gold mid range jumpers. For his career, he makes 42.5% of his mid range shots. You don't want him taking those. The 3s and drives were good, though.

The guys an 85% shooter from the FT line--thats where you want him to shoot. I dont care what any other stats say--he needs to play 12 feet and in. I said it since we got him--and I believe its 100% true. When he went for 40 against Miami 90% of it was in the post to mid. Hes got to play like a 5.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree

2/28/2015  10:00 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

That's the common thought process of every casual basketball fan nowadays. Real basketball is played mid range. That's where the action is. Without Bargnani causing havoc there is no outside game.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

2/28/2015  10:04 AM
Everyone wants a stretch 4 and their center to be a athletic retard that can dunk but can't make a layup or a simple post move.

we should bring back Brad lohas and Chris dudley.... that's the perfect front court for 2015.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/28/2015  10:06 AM
Didn't watch the game but as good a game as Bargs may have had, the injuries alone are enough for me not to want any contract longer than 2 years. We still dont really know if Melo and Bargs will work well together.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/28/2015  10:54 AM
If Bargs can keep this up and keep going to the line Idk why he should not do well, if you stop viewing him as a first round pick but rather a reserve big he isn't terrible. If we were to keep him I would get the most defensive bigs. Great game by Larkin tho, he deserves a return to the starting lineup.
The Future is Bright!
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/28/2015  10:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  10:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Didn't watch the game but as good a game as Bargs may have had, the injuries alone are enough for me not to want any contract longer than 2 years. We still dont really know if Melo and Bargs will work well together.
yeah i not excited at all. It doesnt change the fact that toronto fleeced us for a player they were close to using the amnesty on. Let him play the rest of the year then arrivederci
RonRon
Member: #246
2/28/2015  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  11:07 AM
Prior to the this season, I thought AB would be the most important player for this system because he has the ability to initiate the Triangle and spread the floor
With that said, he will have his good and bad games, he has good mobility but is a poor rebounder and not a shot blocker although he is a 7 footer, so we would need a Hasaam Whiteside type of talent to compliment him along with a SF or/and maybe G/F with shot blocking/rebounding abilities

Problem is CA isn't that type of SF either, he is a PF in a SF's body

I was hoping we could see more of AB earlier in the season in the system to evaluate him in bringing him back on a cap friendly deal, about 3m per year *think that is very fair considering his injuries the past couple of years, especially this seasons*

With that said, I think Orlando Sanchez could bring similar production as a rotational player off the bench on our D League

And Thanasis could be a one of those SG/SF's that bring the rebounding/shot blocking, with him adding a 3pt shot, though we would need to add one more that compliments his abilities
Maybe add in Wesley Johnson/KJ McDaniels for cheaper options as well

Would prefer Draymond Green though

Also would probably need a highly efficient PG like Dragic as well, maybe Russell can be that player but we also need some combination of BIGS as well with at least one being a TOP TIER STAR
Though I wouldn't mind if we had to wait one year for that person to be Whiteside or maybe Noah, though at his age/injuries I would be a bit worried for Noah despite his ability to defend/rebound/and pass for a BIG

If we cannot be a GREAT DEFENSIVE team, probably also a highly efficient offense like Dallas had, we have to be a good defensive team and a GREAT rebounding team, with good TEAM DEFENSES *probably take a lot of charges* with great mobility/chemistry/communication/high IQ, as well as great ball movement/floor spacing/movement off the ball

We have to remember the Triangle with Shaq, is unlikely to work anymore with Zone defenses in play now as well
If DeAndre Jordan can keep this play up, and improve his FT shooting a bit, I think we have to consider what he brings to the team with his ability to rebound/block shots/alter shot and protect the paint
Maybe Hassam Whiteside in 2 years with Durant, I don't know what plan A, B, C, E is but I am sure they will have to consider what type of player CA will be when he comes back....

I honestly think we are best of to trade him if we can, especially if we can get some nice pieces for him, like to Houston

My LOWEST price would be a combination of some of their young players
1 1st rounder *belonging to New Orleans* and 3 of our 2nd rounders back

The players would be in the other post I made

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2015  11:07 AM
This is why Phil and Fish talked so positively about Bargs before the season. This Offense keeps him in his range more. I was talking about Bargs and his midrange game when we 1st got him. I wasn't talking about his 3pt shooting. Bargs has always been a high efficiency player inside the 3pt line. I thought when healthy he could be a good player but he just couldn't stay healthy. We saw flashes of this when Tyson went down and Bargs played Center. Bargs still has to work on his form close to the basket. He tends to just throw up bad shots like Aldrich when he's close. However, he adjusted and started to take a few of those Dirk like Lean back shots and it was better. If Bargs can get into a real off season conditioning program I think he could stay healthy. I'm not sure that he has every really trained like an NBA pro. Maybe Phil can get him to do that.

I was EXTREMELY happy with the BABY KNICKS last night. I thought they all stepped up and played much better. I saw better D, overall effort, teamwork and a lack of fear. This is what we need to keep seeing from these kids. The extra floor time has helped them to gain confidence. I don't know if the can win every night but if they can play with this kind of effort most nights that would be great.

Bonn1997
USA
2/28/2015  11:26 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

That's the common thought process of every casual basketball fan nowadays. Real basketball is played mid range. That's where the action is. Without Bargnani causing havoc there is no outside game.

huh? Do you think I made up the 42.5% figure? That's his actual career percentage
BRIGGS
2/28/2015  11:37 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

huh? Do you think I made up the 42.5% figure? That's his actual career percentage

Bargnani was the main player on the Raptors playing in an undisciplined system. Hes a 7 footer who hits 83% of his FT. Hes got a keen quick mid range jumpshot perfect for the triangle. With a new frontcourt filled with depth and talent bargs can be just one of a tough squad of players.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/28/2015  11:38 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but from 2p range Bargs is a career 47% shooter. Maybe if you are looking at a very specific area you could make it seem like he's not effective inside the 3pt line, but he actually is very effective.

Bargs is also one of the most efficient PnP players.

During the 2011-12 NBA season, as you can see from the chart above, Andrea Bargnani led the league in points per possession based on a minimum of 75 Pick and Pop possessions. Now keep in mind these stats are based soley on the Pick and Pop play type via Synergy Sports Technology extensive database. Take a look at the long list of All-Stars that fall behind Bargnani in this extremely important play type run multiple times during the course of an NBA game and season. Tim Duncan, Kevin Love, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol even former Knick David Lee, all trail Bargnani in points per possession which in essence is one of the more notable and realistic metrics used to gauge the efficiency of a player’s skill set.

Ultimately, the points-per-possession metric is a tremendous indicator of how a player maximizes an offensive possession. In Bargnani’s case, although the sample size during 2011-12 was relatively small in terms of games played, he not only was the most efficient player in Pick and Pop play types, but he scored the most points per game and got to the free throw line the highest percentage out of all players in the league.

Understanding the metrics listed above help explain why Bargnani is such a sound option running Pick and Pop action. Now whether he can stay off the injured list for an extended period of time is a whole other story entirely. Back to the numbers.

As you’ll notice Bargnani scored the highest PPP in the league at 1.022 in 2011-12. Points per possession is calculated by dividing a player’s total points by their total possessions. In this case, each player’s PPP listed is based solely on Pick and Pop play types. Bargnani achieves such a high rating because he attempts more three-pointers than most of the players listed while also showcasing an uncanny ability to entice defenders into fouling him while shooting off Pick and Pop action.

In fact, Bargnani led the league in FT% which is a metric designed to track how often a player is awarded free throws running a particular play type. Bargnani was fouled in the act of shooting resulting in free throws 12.9% of the time running Pick and Pop play types during the 2011-12 season good for the number one ranking in the entire league. Capitalizing on those opportunities, Bargnani shot a career-high 87.3% from the charity stripe.

During the 2011-12 season, Bargnani averaged 19.5 points, 5.5 rebounds while shooting 87.3% from the free throw line on 5.6 attempts per game. The stretch big man knocked down just 43.2% from the field and 29.6% from three suiting up in a total of just 31 games.

http://www.hardwoodcanvas.com/2013/07/07/advanced-analytics-bargnanis-pick-and-pop-game/#.Udqr8T5ARhN
Bonn1997
USA
2/28/2015  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2015  11:41 AM
nixluva wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but from 2p range Bargs is a career 47% shooter. Maybe if you are looking at a very specific area you could make it seem like he's not effective inside the 3pt line, but he actually is very effective.

During the 2011-12 NBA season, as you can see from the chart above, Andrea Bargnani led the league in points per possession based on a minimum of 75 Pick and Pop possessions. Now keep in mind these stats are based soley on the Pick and Pop play type via Synergy Sports Technology extensive database. Take a look at the long list of All-Stars that fall behind Bargnani in this extremely important play type run multiple times during the course of an NBA game and season. Tim Duncan, Kevin Love, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol even former Knick David Lee, all trail Bargnani in points per possession which in essence is one of the more notable and realistic metrics used to gauge the efficiency of a player’s skill set.

Ultimately, the points-per-possession metric is a tremendous indicator of how a player maximizes an offensive possession. In Bargnani’s case, although the sample size during 2011-12 was relatively small in terms of games played, he not only was the most efficient player in Pick and Pop play types, but he scored the most points per game and got to the free throw line the highest percentage out of all players in the league.

Understanding the metrics listed above help explain why Bargnani is such a sound option running Pick and Pop action. Now whether he can stay off the injured list for an extended period of time is a whole other story entirely. Back to the numbers.

As you’ll notice Bargnani scored the highest PPP in the league at 1.022 in 2011-12. Points per possession is calculated by dividing a player’s total points by their total possessions. In this case, each player’s PPP listed is based solely on Pick and Pop play types. Bargnani achieves such a high rating because he attempts more three-pointers than most of the players listed while also showcasing an uncanny ability to entice defenders into fouling him while shooting off Pick and Pop action.

In fact, Bargnani led the league in FT% which is a metric designed to track how often a player is awarded free throws running a particular play type. Bargnani was fouled in the act of shooting resulting in free throws 12.9% of the time running Pick and Pop play types during the 2011-12 season good for the number one ranking in the entire league. Capitalizing on those opportunities, Bargnani shot a career-high 87.3% from the charity stripe.

During the 2011-12 season, Bargnani averaged 19.5 points, 5.5 rebounds while shooting 87.3% from the free throw line on 5.6 attempts per game. The stretch big man knocked down just 43.2% from the field and 29.6% from three suiting up in a total of just 31 games.

http://www.hardwoodcanvas.com/2013/07/07/advanced-analytics-bargnanis-pick-and-pop-game/#.Udqr8T5ARhN

We're specifically talking about mid-range 2 point shots, not all 2 point shots. I already said he's good at 3s and shots near the basket.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/28/2015  11:43 AM
Brags is perfect for this system ... Hopefully he can stay on the court, he was the missing piece early on for success. As for playing with Melo he's a perfect fit at the 4 or the 5 ... For him it's all about staying healthy... If he keeps this up, which consistancy has hindered him through out his career mainly because of health.

I think a front court of ajinca,brags,melo, with Matthews,D russell that's a really good starting 5 with a bench of Galloway,thjr,early,Lou,smith that team should come super cheap and get into the playoffs. and make us big players for 2016 FA.

BRIGGS
2/28/2015  11:48 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

We're specifically talking about mid-range 2 point shots, not all 2 point shots. I already said he's good at 3s and shots near the basket.

Bonn there is no substitute for watching the games. bargnani is a great mid range shooter--when he shoots it around 12 feet you feel like ti will go in. His WHOLE career has been hampered with too much being out on his back and his undisciplined play on bad teams led by his game starting from beyond the 3 pt line. He has life long poor habits. If he STAYS within 14 feet--he can be really good. VERY few 7 footers shoot 85% from the FT line in volume.

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree

2/28/2015  12:09 PM
You can't watch a basketball behind a calculator. I see guys saying ignore what you saw last night because Toronto screed us in a trade and another because he does 42% midrange.

I mean come on now. Basketball is all about talent, chemistry and style of play. BBargnani needs to be featured. You don't feature him by making him take jumpers all day. That's not his game. Phil and Fisher ate absolutely correct when they said he needs to stay in the mid range and operate there. Watch the highlights and it proves it. This offense can be the best thing that ever happened to him.

Instead of cheering the guy for his breakout game, guys wanna disregard it

Knicks game last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy