[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

if orlando gets that pheonix deal
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2004  6:45 PM
shawn marion joe johnson jake voshkul and pick 7 for mcgrady they will EASILY make the eastern conference playofs. get rid of either gooden or howard

just think of the culumulative effect of pick 1+7 shawn Marion joe johnson and voshkul WAY WAY better than just one way Mcgrady.

If Im toronto at pick 7 im taking Arajuo.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/19/2004  6:52 PM
I'm not at all high on T-Mac. He's got chronic back problems and questionable heart and motivation. There are very few all-stars I'd trade for him. I wouldn't even trade Marion for him let alone Marion and Joe Johnson or the two and a lottery pick. I think Pheonix would be making a huge mistake and they better learn to deal with headaches from MacGrady.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/19/2004  8:05 PM
I heard on sportscenter this morning that Orlando was asking for Marion and Amare (which is definately too much imo)
Bonn1997
USA
6/19/2004  9:09 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I heard on sportscenter this morning that Orlando was asking for Marion and Amare (which is definately too much imo)
Yeah I wouldn't give up either (let alone both) for T-Mac, although I could understand why most people would give up Marion for him. (T-Mac is more talented, but it's fool's gold because of his poor motivation and chronic back problems.)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/19/2004  10:20 PM
Listen if Pheonix wants to trade all of that for McGrady they fleece them cats!

Joe Johnson is finnally establishing himself as a good player. Marion is self explanatory and Voshkul is a servicable center. Please no brainer.....if Orlando can keep both picks? They should draft Okafor and a Ben Gordan......what!

Voshkul
Okafor
Marion
Gordan
Joe Johnson

McGrady who?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
6/19/2004  10:25 PM
there is nothing wrong with asking for anything but that type of price is whacked. what phoenix wants to do is get T mac and Amare+ a FA and the other nice pieces they have. If they ended up with Kobe tmac and Amare--all of a sudden pheonix is the number 1 team in the NBA as long as they filled in some pieces the right way. im not a big tmac guy but in reality he has more talent than anyone in this league--he just doesnt have the heart or will of a winner hes not tough IMHO and thats why he sometimes takes such low% shots. you put a team together where you have that much talent and are able to spread the floor--it could be scary because some of kobe will rub off on tracy's will and amare stoudemire is going to take over as the best interior big man very soon. and theyre all under 25. throw in carbakapa lampe barbosa--sprinkle in some vets like mcdyess and they will have to much for anyone to handle.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
6/19/2004  11:43 PM
If they ended up with Kobe tmac and Amare--all of a sudden pheonix is the number 1 team in the NBA
I'd rather have Kobe, Amare, Joe Johnson, and Sean Marion plus this year's lottery pick.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/20/2004  12:16 AM
pheonix had Joe johnson and marion and they still sucked, adding two rookies with the draft picks will do nothing for orlando, detroit was the exception, not the rule, you still win with star talent, Mcgrady is a beast, he is a star, Joe Johnson and shawn marion IMO is still not equal to a Mcgrady, Marion has already shown that he will dissapear in a playoff series and Johnson is still yet to be tested really... If orlando wants to make this trade then fine, they will get good talent, but lets not make this look like a fleece Job, the suns will be getting a top talent, although he has a bad back, he is a young top talent....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  12:24 AM
pheonix had Joe johnson and marion and they still sucked
They did better than Orlando did with T-Mac
BRIGGS
6/20/2004  12:34 AM
its a mute point, t-mac is a goner and that deal IF its true makes Oraldno IMHO better. the culmulative effect of marion johnson the 7th pick in the draft plus voshkul--heck they could add okafor and arajuo themselves--look at that massive beef they just need to trade gooden or howard for a good PG type and thats a good squad IMHO.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
6/20/2004  1:09 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
pheonix had Joe johnson and marion and they still sucked
They did better than Orlando did with T-Mac

doesn't really matter, being an ounce better than a bad team, does not mean a thing..... T-Mac with amare would have done better than Johnson and marion did with amare....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  1:16 AM
T-Mac with amare would have done better than Johnson and marion did with amare....
Why? T-Mac's a bum with no motivation or desire to win. He's a less accomplished version of Vince Carter or Dominique Wilkens. I'd take one solid starter (Johnson) and one awesome starter (Marion) over him any day. And I wouldn't judge that combination based on last year without considering how many games Amare missed
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
6/20/2004  2:51 AM
Right now, Suns have all the right players. Adding more talent than already present would be a big mistake. If they added somebody like the Czar would be the single most worthwhile move the Suns could make.

If there is a problem moving gear and selling seats, T-MAC may be the immediate answer not necessarily the long term goal
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
6/20/2004  3:14 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
T-Mac with amare would have done better than Johnson and marion did with amare....
Why? T-Mac's a bum with no motivation or desire to win. He's a less accomplished version of Vince Carter or Dominique Wilkens. I'd take one solid starter (Johnson) and one awesome starter (Marion) over him any day. And I wouldn't judge that combination based on last year without considering how many games Amare missed
I wouldn't say he has no motivation. I was a huge T-Mac fan before this past year but after watching he complain i lost alittle respect from him but he's still an awesome player.

If Magic did that Deal. And had Okafor,Gooden,Marion,Johnson and a healthy (will hell freeze over) Hill. They'd be a dangrous team.
tkf
6/20/2004  5:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

T-Mac a bum? Ok here is where I stop with conversations like this....
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  6:19 PM
I can't think of a better word than "bum" for a "superstar" who carries his team to the worst record in basketball

And at age 24 as soon as the season got off to rough start, he starts talking about retirement!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/20/2004 18:20:45]
tkf
6/20/2004  7:18 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I can't think of a better word than "bum" for a "superstar" who carries his team to the worst record in basketball

And at age 24 as soon as the season got off to rough start, he starts talking about retirement!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/20/2004 18:20:45]

Ignorance is bliss, I guess....
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  9:13 PM
so that's why you don't think T-Mac is a bum or a loser; thanks for clearing it up
tkf
6/21/2004  12:04 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

so that's why you don't think T-Mac is a bum or a loser; thanks for clearing it up
you know what, you sound like a foolish child with such talk, if you don't like the guy, then fine, but to label him a bum is downright foolish!! The guy is a top 10 player in this league easily, probably a top 6 player, he played on a team that couldn't win with Jordan in his prime if they had him.. Calling him a bum is laughable, other posters on here may not care to call you out on that but I will, put his numbers over the past few years against anyone numbers, including vince's numbers, and lets see... your post looses credibility(as if you had any before) when you post such drivel about him being a bum...

Do you have any integrity when you post? or do you let your personal feelings get in the way of posting the truth about players?
Bonn1997
USA
6/21/2004  4:33 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Bonn1997:

you know what, you sound like a foolish child with such talk, if you don't like the guy, then fine, but to label him a bum is downright foolish!! The guy is a top 10 player in this league easily, probably a top 6 player, he played on a team that couldn't win with Jordan in his prime if they had him.. Calling him a bum is laughable, other posters on here may not care to call you out on that but I will, put his numbers over the past few years against anyone numbers, including vince's numbers, and lets see... your post looses credibility(as if you had any before) when you post such drivel about him being a bum...

Do you have any integrity when you post? or do you let your personal feelings get in the way of posting the truth about players?
dude, calm down. We obviously place different value on how much a player has helped his team win. That's all
if orlando gets that pheonix deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy