[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

gosh if the Nets want to sell their pick
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2004  12:13 PM
im a little disturbed we dont want to get involved. We could offer pick 44 and a mm to get to pick 22. To me its a no-brainer and would be shocked if we didnt get involved. If there is anything we need is a young big man--CENTER that we can cultivate for the future who could also give us some PT now. For me it would be a no-brainer. I know Arajuo would be gone, but it looks like Harrison would be there and we could use a legit athletic 7-0 275 pound C who can shoot it. Isnt that money reasonably invested? If you are wrong the cost was small and you were wrong big.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/19/2004  12:36 PM
Rummor has it they traded the pick already for Rahim. Kittles #22 & A.Williams for Rahim.

I think they also plan on moving K-Mart for a SG or maybe a center.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2004  12:38 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Rummor has it they traded the pick already for Rahim. Kittles #22 & A.Williams for Rahim.

that sounds about right.

Don't know about this one... although now that Shaq is in the Market, K-Mart and whatever would be trade bait for the big man.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2004  12:42 PM
i guess the nest have to formulate a plan to keep costs down while trying to keep the talent up. martin is going to get a max from someone, so perhaps sign and trade for a guard/SF witha reasonable contract? something like Kenyon Martin to Utah for Matt Harpring-move Harpring to SF Jefferson to G and Rahim to PF with the addition of Kristic at C.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/19/2004  12:50 PM
And a quick trip to the cellar in the East... Geeze what a TERRIBLE line up. This with Kidd coming off knee surgury. Frank Williams shut him down... what does that tell you about his knee? Why is our best bet for Houston to retire, but everyone expect Kidd to return 100%
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/19/2004  1:01 PM
C'mon. How could you even ask that? Kidd played NBA playoff basketball on his knee. Houston can't walk on his. that's one difference. Another is that Houston has problems in both knees, Kidd only one. Another is that Houston has already had invasive surgery on his knee/knees (once? twice?) isn't this Kidd's first?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/19/2004  1:12 PM
Posted by fishmike:

And a quick trip to the cellar in the East... Geeze what a TERRIBLE line up. This with Kidd coming off knee surgury. Frank Williams shut him down... what does that tell you about his knee? Why is our best bet for Houston to retire, but everyone expect Kidd to return 100%

good point fish, and the answer is that most knicks fans are enamored with the other side, the grass is always greener and ours is always browner.... I expect Houston to recover but I would like a legit backup..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
6/20/2004  6:51 PM

I read on insider i think..not positive but it was about Nets wanting Rahim and then trading K-Mart and Planinic for Allen and Collison. Also i think signing Brent Barry to MLE may happen too.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  1:52 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i guess the nest have to formulate a plan to keep costs down while trying to keep the talent up. martin is going to get a max from someone, so perhaps sign and trade for a guard/SF witha reasonable contract? something like Kenyon Martin to Utah for Matt Harpring-move Harpring to SF Jefferson to G and Rahim to PF with the addition of Kristic at C.

K-Mart for Matt Harpring??? that's crazy...the Nets would never go for that deal...imo, they would do well to try & get T-Mac or Ray Allen for K-Mart in some kind of package instead if indeed they got Rahim in that package described above.

that would give them a team that at least has a legit shot at competing w/the Pistons, Pacers & Heat next season:

C - MLE C (Blount? Etan?)
PF - Rahim
SF - Jefferson
SG - T-Mac or Ray
PG - Kidd

[Edited by - TMS on 06/21/2004 01:55:05]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  1:53 AM
Posted by MX25:

I read on insider i think..not positive but it was about Nets wanting Rahim and then trading K-Mart and Planinic for Allen and Collison. Also i think signing Brent Barry to MLE may happen too.

that's the type of deal i can picture them doing...it makes sense for them if that Rahim deal went down as outlined above.

[Edited by - TMS on 06/21/2004 01:54:01]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gosh if the Nets want to sell their pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy