[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Complete expansion draft list with salaries...
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/19/2004  11:33 AM
FYI...

http://www.hoopshype.com/expansion_draft.htm

I'll sound like a broken record, but if we can get the Bobcats to swing a deal with us to get Woods, Stevenson, Pavlovic or Gerald Wallace that'd be great. There are several good SF/SG types on the list, and only one PF worth taking (Brian Skinner). Perhaps we could coax the Bobcats into taking Harrington+someone else if we take on one of those 4 guys in addition to some bad contract that a team might coax the Bobcats into taking for a pick (Jerome James, Jahidi White). If we could get Woods and Jerome James for Harrington, Trybanski and Frank Williams, would you do that?
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2004  12:04 PM
assuming only the expensive players would be on our list for the obvious reason of taking on salary, the only three players that i have interest in are

#1 Jerry Stackhouse
#2 Lorezen Wright
#3 Maurice Taylor

everything else to me on the expensive side of things is a waste of money. I know Stack has had some issues with his knee but his length of contract and cost comapred to his talent is worth it. All of these guys are under 30 and have reasonable contracts. They would also all relieve big salary burdens of the teams that dont want them.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/19/2004  12:22 PM
I would like the cats to take Q. Woods for us, we could use him at SF and SG...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
6/19/2004  12:25 PM
thats a player they will select for themselves. we have little to no chance at getting a low salary player because A. thats what the Bobcats want B. we dont have a matching salary with something they would really want

the only business we would do with them is as a conduit through another team looking for a salary dump. Something like wash dumping stackhouse for ending contracts with 3mm coming from both sides and a draft pick from both sides. likely a 2 from us and a future 1 from wash. thats how its gets done.
RIP Crushalot😞
jaydh
Member: #96
6/19/2004  12:32 PM
since houston is so unpredicatable, i wouldnt mind a stackhouse for harrington+mutumbo(2 expiring contracts) deal. thats assuming we can sign a pf/c with our mle or lle.
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
6/19/2004  2:57 PM
im actually quite interested in brian skinner. He lookled like he was gonna emerge to a double double guys 10rb 10pts with 2 blocks at times. I think hes better than nazr and hes getting payed less than half of him.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2004  4:19 PM
the strange thing with trading with the Cats is that all of the best/athletic players in the expansion draft are SF/SG types. With Houston, Anderson, Penny, DerMarr taking those spots I can't see picking up Woods or Stack or Patterson. Just doesn't make sense.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/19/2004  4:29 PM
Posted by martin:

the strange thing with trading with the Cats is that all of the best/athletic players in the expansion draft are SF/SG types. With Houston, Anderson, Penny, DerMarr taking those spots I can't see picking up Woods or Stack or Patterson. Just doesn't make sense.

It makes sense in that Houston is injured and old, Penny is old and was injured, Anderson sucks and Dermarr is no lock to be back. Also it would give us some flexibility to move TT, who might be one of our more tradable commodities.

[Edited by - VDesai on 06/19/2004 16:30:27]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2004  4:56 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by martin:

It makes sense in that Houston is injured and old, Penny is old and was injured, Anderson sucks and Dermarr is no lock to be back. Also it would give us some flexibility to move TT, who might be one of our more tradable commodities.

[Edited by - VDesai on 06/19/2004 16:30:27]

true, true.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
6/19/2004  5:55 PM
Stop trying to trade TT.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/19/2004  7:45 PM
what about antoine walker? i have a feeling thomas might be trying to get him (i posted earlier that it can be done for kt, harrington and deke) - i think this gives us a pretty good upgrade at the 4, even though im not a huge walker fan. then i can see it trying to get jamal crawford to play the 2 with the MLE, and signing someone like doleac to the LLE.

pg: marbury/frank
sg: crawford/houston
sf: tt/penny
pf: walker/sweetney
c: nazr/doleac
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BRIGGS
6/20/2004  12:44 AM
almost every expensive player is going to have a flaw. we have many needs, a big one is having a player who can play 2 if H2O cant but who can also slip to 3. jerry stackhouse has a reasonable contract only 22.5 over 3 years and is BY FAR the best talent on the board. i know he had some knee problems this year but it ended up showing on the last MRI that it was completely healed--he didnt have anything extensive, just a bad run in one season. thats a lot of money off wash cap.

i will cry foul if we end up with aaron mckie. im not sure if im in favor of doing ANY deals in this expansion draft but i think isiah is hell bent on doing something. if you walk out of it trading othella and deke for stackhouse--thats not a bad trade off at all.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/20/2004  1:05 AM
what about antoine walker?
I'd love to get Walker as our SF (not PF) but I can't imagine the Knicks putting together $14 mil worth of players that the Bobcats would be interested in. I'd also be interested in Kerry Kittles (either as a replacement for Houston if Houston's injured or simply to trade his expiring contract if Houston's healthy). But I doubt the Knicks could get the Bobcats to take even $9 mil of Knicks players.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/20/2004 01:13:52]
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/20/2004  9:37 AM
"i know he had some knee problems this year but it ended up showing on the last MRI that it was completely healed--he didnt have anything extensive, just a bad run in one season." Briggs, isn't this essentially the same thing that happened to Houston last year, and yet you write him off as being a shell of his former self and can't be relied upon.

That being said, getting Stackhouse with 3 years left on his reasonable contract and adding a 20 ppg scorer by getting rid of two guys who were on the IL last year is a GREAT move. The only problem with it is it doesn't add to the front court, and you can't win without good big men. I'd like to add Lorenzen Wright or Danny Fortson, because either one combined with Sweetney, KT, or Nazr and the Knicks should be able to dominate the glass in games.

People saying the Knicks shouldn't get a guy like Stackhouse because they have Anderson and Penny and it'd create a logjam should rethink and realize Stack has the same contract as Anderson, in fact Anderson gets paid more. One guy scores 20 ppg, the other 4. Anderson can rot away on the IL for all I care, but he's good to have around with Houston and Stackhouse (both with knee injuries recently) in case one goes down.

The Knicks don't play good D, so at times with a team like that I'd say to myself "why even try?" Throw Marbury, Houston, Stackhouse, TT, and KT out there and have the other team try to defend you. TT is 6'10" and could probably check SOME 4s in this league for a while. Having Marbury, Houston, and Stackhouse (3 legit 20 ppg scorers) plus TT (good for 15 a game) and the rest of the squad would be a very, very good offensive team, and with the players in it it enables the Knicks to create very big matchup problems.
#Knickstaps
BRIGGS
6/20/2004  10:13 AM
well 2 things. i react towards houston from his own comments. if you heard the interview on MSG he did last year -end of season, he laments that this problem in his knee originated years ago and that he had been on pain killers for years-that he had trouble walking around etc... it sure sounded grim. If you add in his age---33 going on 34 which is an age guys seem to drop-off significantly anyway--there is a 2+2 there.

Stackhouse is around 4 years younger than H2O, he sure isnt young anymore, but he has that type of superior athletsicm and body strength you rarely see. Perahsp putting him into the starting line-up at 2 guard and moving H2O to 6th man with much less minutes would be the way to go??? I really dont believe either guy should or will be playing 40+ minutes for 82 games. But if Stackhouse can give us 30 and H2O 24 thats fine.

Again Im not overly hot on this manuever. i dont think bringing ANY more players with injury problems, guys who are aging with long contracts is essentially the correct path--id much rather do things to acquire younger cheaper players--BUT if we are going to do this--why not go after the best talent available? if its a lorenzen wright??? that wouldnt be a bad way to go either. we'll have to wait and see.

the only thing i will be annoyed with is if we go out and acquire a guy over 30 years old like aaron mckie where we are stuck to his contract until he is 36-37. to me that the same exact thing we did with weatherspoon. weatherspoon and a marginally good year and we gave him 5+mm a year for 6 years at 32 and look how that ended up.
RIP Crushalot😞
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
6/20/2004  10:25 AM
Shandon Anderson $7,300,000
Anfernee Hardaway $14,625,000
Allan Houston $17,531,250
Moochie Norris $3,850,000

If the Bobcats take any of those off our hands, their GM doesn't deserve to be an NBA GM!
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
6/20/2004  11:01 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
what about antoine walker?
I'd love to get Walker as our SF (not PF) but I can't imagine the Knicks putting together $14 mil worth of players that the Bobcats would be interested in. I'd also be interested in Kerry Kittles (either as a replacement for Houston if Houston's injured or simply to trade his expiring contract if Houston's healthy). But I doubt the Knicks could get the Bobcats to take even $9 mil of Knicks players.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 06/20/2004 01:13:52]

a combo of KT (With the tradekicker), harrington, and deke works for charlotte. Kt isnt that expensive, and hes a hardworker who is tough and plays defense and isnt too old...hed be a good piece to an expansion franchise IMO. and we know they have interest inharrington and deke for their contracts/other reasons
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BRIGGS
6/20/2004  11:14 AM
charlotte will NEVER do it and thats fine by me. While some guys malign Rahim--to me Walker is the WORST max player by far. He's awful, his game is defined by taking awful 3 point shots and shooting below 40% with no D. Wait until next yera when his contract drops to the 3mm$ range. Rahim--to me is a guy who may be soft in terms of D, but has an established confident low post game that is defined by 50% shooting effeciency. I said 2 years ago that Antoine walker was by far the most over rated junk in this league and nothing that I have seen makes me believe otherwise. Funny how fast Dallas wanted to dump him after giving up nice assets to acquire him. Hes junk
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  11:44 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

charlotte will NEVER do it and thats fine by me. While some guys malign Rahim--to me Walker is the WORST max player by far. He's awful, his game is defined by taking awful 3 point shots and shooting below 40% with no D. Wait until next yera when his contract drops to the 3mm$ range. Rahim--to me is a guy who may be soft in terms of D, but has an established confident low post game that is defined by 50% shooting effeciency. I said 2 years ago that Antoine walker was by far the most over rated junk in this league and nothing that I have seen makes me believe otherwise. Funny how fast Dallas wanted to dump him after giving up nice assets to acquire him. Hes junk
In Dallas, Walker did not chuck up too many 3 point shots. And he has a much more versatile game than Abdur-Rahim. What nice assets did Dallas give up to get Walker? You can't seriously consider Raef LaFrentz and a late 1st round pick to be nice assets.
Bonn1997
USA
6/20/2004  11:45 AM
a combo of KT (With the tradekicker), harrington, and deke works for charlotte

Charlotte won't take back any contract with more than two years remaining unless it's for a superstar or is a very, very low contract. There's no chance they would take Kurt.
Complete expansion draft list with salaries...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy