[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

romain sato
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
6/18/2004  10:21 PM
i just saw the projected picks for the draft and they had us getting sato with our pick. i observed his scouting report and i was thoroughly impressed. remember, i do not watch to much college basketball other than kentucky so i do not know much about this cat. but hie is probably the top 2 sg in the draft and he does everthing well including three pointers, dunking and defense. his only weakness is his size ( 6'3"). he could be our eventual houston replacement we were looking for. thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
Chico
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #666
6/19/2004  12:51 AM
well we definitely need new, young blood, that's no doubt, but the bigger more immediate issue is we need to get rid of the old coagulated blood. this has been said time and again. zeke has to accomplish double duty: not only does he have to work magic to get us the new blood, he has to work magic to move shandon, deke, penny HOUSTON and to a lesser degree moochie etc... if for no other reason than just to clear some space on the roster for the new blood. this is where his genius will rear its head. that said, i agree that a young sg is certainly a high priority, i for one believe that houston is much closer to a grant hill than people on these boards want to admit. as much as shandon's shortcomings shortchange the team, at least he can walk. read between the lines on recent articles vis a vis houston's "hydro therapy" even his agent is not saying houston will ever be elite again... get a shooter on this team and shandon is a legit 2 guard off the bench with long arms and relatively good in the open court. i do appreciate what alan houston has done for the team...im not blind, but you've gotta be realistic about what he can do in the future. i still believe knick fans have a legit class action law suit against layden based on incompetence. i would spit on him if i ever saw him on the street.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2004  10:22 AM
i think we can do better than sato. sato plays like a 3 but has the size of a 2. it wouldnt be a bad pick, but id rather see if we can get lucky to see if a David Harrison slips or we can move up a bit if it is true that he is really labled very late 1st early 2nd. im skeptical of this-i think he will be top 20 for sure, but if he did slip, i would think going big is priority 1. id rather have andre emmitt actually there are a few guys id take over sato if we drafted a 2-3. i dont think he will be able to rebound like he did in college and imho, although he has nice athletiscm with long arms which makes him play bigger, he really is a tweener on the small side. atleast with a guy like emmitt hes a legit 6-5 220
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/19/2004  10:36 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i think we can do better than sato. sato plays like a 3 but has the size of a 2. it wouldnt be a bad pick, but id rather see if we can get lucky to see if a David Harrison slips or we can move up a bit if it is true that he is really labled very late 1st early 2nd. im skeptical of this-i think he will be top 20 for sure, but if he did slip, i would think going big is priority 1. id rather have andre emmitt actually there are a few guys id take over sato if we drafted a 2-3. i dont think he will be able to rebound like he did in college and imho, although he has nice athletiscm with long arms which makes him play bigger, he really is a tweener on the small side. atleast with a guy like emmitt hes a legit 6-5 220

Yea Harrison might slip to the late first round and I would like to take a shot at him. I like Sato because he is a good defender but I would also choose someone else over him like Emmitt or Ricky Paulding.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/19/2004  10:55 AM
Emmett would be a great pick. I like Sato, but he did measure out very small. I have sneaking suspicion that Bernard Robinson, SG out of Michigan might be our pick. I would also welcome Herve Lamizana...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2004  10:57 AM
Posted by Chico:

well we definitely need new, young blood, that's no doubt, but the bigger more immediate issue is we need to get rid of the old coagulated blood.

...old coagulated blood. I like they way you said that. And weather it's bringing in new blood or getting rid of the old, both are absolutely necessary
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
6/19/2004  7:11 PM
i like sato. particularly when i thought he was 6'5. being 6'3 might put him at a little bit of a disadvantage regardless of his athletisism. don't get me wrong, he's on my list but there's other players i'd also consider at that spot.
david hawkins
bryant mathews
donta smith* <--if he slips.
andre emmett
ricky paulding
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/19/2004  8:16 PM
Sato is great. Things to look at are wis wingspan (7 feet) and his vertical leap of 38". He's athletic and long. He's the same height as Dwayne Wade, who's also a two, although I admit Wade has a much quicker first step. But Sato is probably the better defender. He reminds me of a young Spree.

I think Emmet is probably in the same league as Sato as a prospect and I'd be thrilled with either one. I do SG with the ability to slash/shoot/handle is our main need in the draft (given what should be available), as the Jersey series EXPOSED if Houston isn't around. Also, if you look at successful second round picks of the past, like Arenas, Van Exel, Redd, etc. they are usually shorter two guards who no one thinks is big enough for the league. Very rarely do you a remotely good big man in the second round. Boozer is the only one I can think of and he went 32.
¿ △ ?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
6/20/2004  12:30 PM
I think the 43rd pick is the same pick Michael Redd and Eric Snow went at.

The papers today said Jackson Vroman might be a possibility.
romain sato

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy