[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

O/T - shareef to the nets
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/18/2004  1:56 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/draft2004/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&id=1824251

shareef to the nets for kittles, aaron williams, and the #22 pick.
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/18/2004  2:09 PM
Yea this has been rumored for awhile, Nets needed to pull off a move like this to compete with Indiana and Detroit next year. I guess RJ moves into the starting SG role now...
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/18/2004  2:21 PM
they should have tried to move Rahim & a pick to Seattle for Ray Allen.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
USA
6/18/2004  2:30 PM
I'm hearing rumors that the Nets are trying to move K-Mart for Ray Allen. But I doubt its true. That would give the Nets a lineup of
of:

Kidd
Ray Allen
Jefferson
Rahim
Collins
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
TMS
USA
6/18/2004  2:34 PM
K-Mart for Ray Allen is a terrible trade imo...i wouldn't make that trade if i were the Nets...but i hope they do it, for our sakes.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
USA
6/18/2004  2:38 PM
Posted by TMS:

K-Mart for Ray Allen is a terrible trade imo...i wouldn't make that trade if i were the Nets...but i hope they do it, for our sakes.

Lol same here
s3231
USA
6/18/2004  2:42 PM
I just don't understand what they are going to do with Shareef and Kenyon on the same team. My guess is they will put Shareef at the SF, RJ at SG, and start Kenyon at PF. If you do that however, I don't see how the Nets are that much of a better team. Kittles was clutch for them and that pick could have gotten them a decent back-up PG (Jameer Nelson or dare I say Telfair if he dropped that low). The Nets had to make a move this offseason but I'm not sure if this is the right one.

[Edited by - s3231 on 06/18/2004 14:42:31]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/18/2004  2:52 PM
Posted by s3231:

I just don't understand what they are going to do with Shareef and Kenyon on the same team. My guess is they will put Shareef at the SF, RJ at SG, and start Kenyon at PF. If you do that however, I don't see how the Nets are that much of a better team. Kittles was clutch for them and that pick could have gotten them a decent back-up PG (Jameer Nelson or dare I say Telfair if he dropped that low). The Nets had to make a move this offseason but I'm not sure if this is the right one.

[Edited by - s3231 on 06/18/2004 14:42:31]

Moving RJ to the SG spot and throwing Shareef n the mix would make the Nets both taller and more dangerous. Shareef is a proven back to the basket, low post player, something that KMart is not. That's one of the pieces that the Nets are missing.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
USA
6/18/2004  2:54 PM
if they were smart, they would get Seattle involved in a 3 way scenario where they send the Sonics Rahim & a pick for Ray Allen (i believe the Sonics were already interested in getting Rahim at the trade deadline last season)...that would solve the Nets' need for a reliable shooter...then the Nets should sign an athletic shotblocker like Blount, Swift or Anderson w/the MLE to offset the loss of Kittles' perimeter defense.

C - Blount, Swift or Anderson
PF - K-Mart
SF - RJ
SG - Allen
PG - Kidd

that's a better team than this year's that's for sure.

but then, we don't want them to be smart, now do we?
mikesknicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #684
USA
6/18/2004  3:00 PM
Did the trade happen or is it a rumor. I didn't read anything about it in the paper or see it on ESPN. I hope it din't happen i don't like the net as much as i don't like the mets. (Moving to Brooklyn)
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
s3231
USA
6/18/2004  3:05 PM
Posted by TMS:

if they were smart, they would get Seattle involved in a 3 way scenario where they send the Sonics Rahim & a pick for Ray Allen (i believe the Sonics were already interested in getting Rahim at the trade deadline last season)...that would solve the Nets' need for a reliable shooter...then the Nets should sign an athletic shotblocker like Blount, Swift or Anderson w/the MLE to offset the loss of Kittles' perimeter defense.

C - Blount, Swift or Anderson
PF - K-Mart
SF - RJ
SG - Allen
PG - Kidd

that's a better team than this year's that's for sure.

but then, we don't want them to be smart, now do we?

The Nets getting Ray Allen makes more sense to me then getting Rahim. I just think that they really could've used a good pure shooter during the playoffs when Detroit was stopping Kidd from scoring. What Martin explained makes sense to me, but, I guess I just don't think that Rahim will make them a better team than Detroit. Had the Nets done the three way trade as you suggested, then I think they would give Detroit more of a fight. Maybe I'm just undervaluing Rahim because he has only exceled on bad teams. But w/e
O/T - shareef to the nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy