[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kupchak: We Won't Deal Bryant...Shaq on the other hand...
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  2:02 AM
Posted by Bobby:

i cant see shaq coming back to the staple center.....as a clipper?

does anybody know what billy knight is up to

why not? how better to stick it to Kobe & Mitch Kupchak than to come back to play in his "house" as a Clipper instead? he wouldn't have to move anywhere & uproot his family or even learn the directions to the Arena...he'd just be wearing a different uniform & the new Clippers team would be very good w/him, Corey Maggette & the #2 lottery pick to build around.

& the Lakers get back 2 young stud players in Brand & Q. Rich & another big C w/upside in Kaman...i think it works.

[Edited by - TMS on 06/21/2004 02:03:13]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  2:10 AM
Posted by jazz74:

actually, that trade makes the most sense. the lakers are over the cap anyway so having grant hill, who could play this year, and howard, who is still a decent pf, would'nt be that bad. the reall key is the number one pick. if they get okafor, the lakers would be back in the mix again. an okafor- bryant tandem would be great for years to come. okafor won't be as dominant as shaq but he would be more athletic and defensive minded on a team that needs it. plus he and kobe are young. buss will celverly build a team around them. if i were the lakers, i would definately do that in a heartbeat. this would be the best deal they can make with shaq's value.

you are only taking into account next year's cap situation for the Lakers...if they were to give Kobe a max extension, they could still be under the cap if Shaq were to leave after next season...but by trading Shaq for both Grant Hill & Juwan Howard, you guarantee that the team will be over the cap until the year 2008 at the very least...& all the while waiting for their #1 pick to develop his game while 2 or 3 years of Kobe's prime is wasted? they would never make that trade imho...i think they'd be much more amenable to a trade that lands them a couple of young players who are already established who could complement Kobe's game nicely & get their team back to the Finals sooner rather than later.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Kupchak: We Won't Deal Bryant...Shaq on the other hand...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy