Isiah and Tapscott in trade talks
Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/18/2004  2:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I think Reece Gaines and Jones are just bad players. I would rather just stick with what we have then bring in more mediocre talent. Remember we never saw this group healthy together for any period of time last year... If we cant get a player that is a clear impact and fills a need like a Sheed, Swift, Dampier, Blount, then I'm more than happy to give Penny and minutes Houston cant play, and give Frank the minutes behind Penny and Marbury. Keep getting Sweetney in the fold and look to the deadline to package our $10mm in expiring deals. Why would this be a bad thing? (besides Knick fans having no patience)

So true, a lot of NY fans don't have patience and thats why GM's are usually forced to go after a big-named player just to put fans in the seats. This team doesn't need any major changes and I think Isiah knows that. Yes we only had 39 wins last year but people forget that Marbury was acquired in January (not at the beginning of the season) and of course Nazi and TT were acquired during the all-star break. We have a decent team right now, we are not good yet, but we are 1 or 2 talented players away from being a good team. Will we get those 1 or 2 players in the offseason? We don't know yet. However, we do know that we have a GM that is really trying to make this a championship team and that is nice to know especially after those miserable years with Layden. So lets just sit back and watch Isiah work his magic.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/18/2004  2:56 PM
Come on, Isiah doesn't make trades to appease the fans...he's making trades to do what HE feels will be the right moves to improve this team going forward...you think he really cares what you, me, fishmike or anyone else on this board thinks?

[Edited by - TMS on 06/18/2004 14:58:48]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
6/18/2004  3:12 PM
Posted by TMS:

Come on, Isiah doesn't make trades to appease the fans...he's making trades to do what HE feels will be the right moves to improve this team going forward...you think he really cares what you, me, fishmike or anyone else on this board thinks?

[Edited by - TMS on 06/18/2004 14:58:48]

No, I don't think Isiah makes trades just to satisfy fans at all. Thats actually what I like about Isiah, that he just wants to do whatever he can to improve the team. All I said was that GM's in NY are sometimes forced to make a trade for a big name just because of the fans' impatience. That wasn't directed towards Isiah at all, I was just agreeing that NY fans are sometimes impatient. Like a lot of Knicks fans are praying that we get Kobe or Webber, if we do that's great but we don't need them to become a better team. All I was saying is that Knicks fans are really underrating this team.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/18/2004  4:43 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

on top of that i dont think there are ANY knick fans who want any part of a 32 year old back up SG who makes 6MM+ a year for 4 more years. anyone want mckie for nothing? NO! it takes up a roster spot. this is almost like the moochie norris trade but worse. we took on 3mm+ in salary long term for moochie who is basically shot and not a winning player but now on the books for 3 more years. this would be worse.

actually zeke stated that he saved 3 mil on the moochie/ spoon trade....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/18/2004  8:06 PM
no we lost 3mm in that exchange. show me the article where isiah said we gained 3mm he doesnt even give a crp about money going out.
RIP Crushalot😞
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
6/18/2004  8:14 PM
I don't like any of those players in that article. I'd like to see Knicks make a run at Dampier. If that fails..Could we split the MLE and Sign Chris Anderson and Rodney White?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2004  11:26 AM
I have been thinking about the Bobcat-Knicks rumors again. I think it may be true that Deke and Harrington are on their way to the 'Cats if a deal can be worked out. They are both hardworking vets who practice hard, play hard and are otherwise good role models for young players. 2 guys who can set the tone of practice day in and day out. Plus, both come off the books in a years time OR could be traded again (Deke) for a young player.

Aaron McKie though? Doubt it. Older player, not very athletic, big contract. All things that Isiah is NOT looking for. I smell a misdirection by Zeke. Remember, of all of the trades that Isiah has pulled off, no one hard even remotely heard of the principles beforehand.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
6/19/2004  1:54 PM
anyone think that maybe isiah is eyeing antoine walker? something like this: ( i did it on realgm with dallas, so this might be off because of charlotte's smaller salary cap, im not really sure, but this was accepted:)

New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 23.0 minutes)
PF Othella Harrington (4.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 15.6 minutes)
New York receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.3 ppg, -9.9 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 65 games)
PF Othella Harrington (4.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 56 games

kurt isnt too expensive even with the kicker and hes a hardworking vet just like othella and deke, and they have high trade value.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/21/2004  3:02 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

no we lost 3mm in that exchange. show me the article where isiah said we gained 3mm he doesnt even give a crp about money going out.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

Moochie's cumulative salary from '03 to '07 = $16,100,000
Amaechi's salary in '03 = $2,827,500
------------------------------------
total salary from Houston = $18,927,500

Spoon's cumulative salary from '03 to '06 = $17,698,200

unless Hoopshype has their figures wrong (or i just added wrong), then the Knicks only took on a total of $1,229,300 in extra salary.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/21/2004  4:45 AM
I don't think the Bobcats will take Kurt or anyone else who isn't superstar with a long-term contract above about $2 mil per year
Isiah and Tapscott in trade talks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy